PDA

View Full Version : [INTENDED][T#177] Copbot's low damage on NPCs // (maybe) bugged PPU shields

lawless
29-12-12, 23:25
When testing the death-alive-relog thingie, I also played around a little bit. I remember the old days in pepper park 1 where we pushed the copbots to have a nice talk with those bad tsunami guys.

So the damage output is.. quite minimal. I did like 140 damage on the black dragon and twilight guardian contacts in pepper park 3, while the copbot did between 45 and 60 (though the most shots didn't even hit).

My spy instead died very fast. Also my PPU was kinda bugged or something. When i casted the shields and got hit everything was fine, until like 15 seconds before those would run off. From this time on the damage was somewhat higher, until i recasted the shields. I also noticed this in the swamp caves and the gaia mine. The damage was minimal until a few seconds before the shields ran off - then i nearly died (with shields on) - and after a fresh cast the damage was minimal again.

Deus Ex Machina
29-12-12, 23:42
Wasn't it so, that shields loose power when they are hit now? Meaning when you are under fire, the damage you take gets higher a bit every hit, till the shields are not really worth it anymore? I am not exactly sure, but I remember something like that.

lawless
30-12-12, 12:42
Well yes, now that you say it there was a patch some years ago which adressed those shield functions for the PVP balancing. Didn't know they would work this way.

I was looking for the patchnotes on techhaven.org, while I did not find them. Maybe it was even before DoY.. i don't know.

Doc Holliday
30-12-12, 14:05
If it wasnt in the big patch for 2.2 it was sometime after. Shields definitely do degrade over time as the damage they receive increases. Recasting them either on your self or others then this will refresh them.

CMaster
30-12-12, 14:40
It was in 2.2.
Shields now weaken as they take damage. Recasting will reset this (but not the timer). You can also recast shields in the last few seconds before they expire now and reset the timer, rather than having to wait until after they have dropped.
The patch notes for 2.2 don't really tell you much about the balancing changes, you have to go digging through this part of the forum (http://forum.neocron-game.com/forumdisplay.php?170-Balance-Discussion) to find details.

phunqe
30-12-12, 16:13
Ok it seems I was under a false impression as well how the shield work. Is this then correct:

1. Shields are on the target for the full 300s duraction.
2. Shields weaken as they take damage, i.e the absorbtion % of incoming damage is reduced.
3. You can refresh the shields at any time, but the timer is not reset (except for at the very end).

Is this correct?

Can shields reach 0 and what happens in that case, do they expire immediately (if incoming damage is great)?

My understanding was that shields had a fixed amount of damage and offer a fixed amount of absorbtion per hit and when they had absorbed this x amount, they disappear (and that you could not refresh them).

Doc Holliday
30-12-12, 16:46
Bring back shelter/deflector and take away shield decay. Just let em be overcast when they start to run off and the indication is showing on the screen. WIN :)