PDA

View Full Version : [T#177] Testserver Patch Discussion

Alduin
29-12-12, 18:15
Cheers everyone,

feel free to discuss the current testserver patch here. The corresponding patch notes may be found here (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?146924-T-177-PTS-Patch-Notes).

Slauncha,
Alduin

Bruder Malmsdoo
29-12-12, 19:03
Great work!

Drachenpaladin
29-12-12, 20:17
Female Vendors wearing bondage gear are now dressed appropriately.

So... do they now wear the appropriate bondage gear or wut? :wtf:

Anyway, good patch.

Netphreak
29-12-12, 21:05
Fixed drone AoE damage: LEd droners now damage themselves as well as their drones

Was this actually a bug? Makes the MK series of drones almost useless in some senarios/caves, due to the rockets hitting stuff around the drone rather than flying out even remotely straight ahead.

Also, I just noticed that I'm already damaging both myself and drones on retail. Has this patch gone live already?

Riddle
29-12-12, 21:05

Anyway, good patch.
Wtf? I hope so, don't want this game heading towards the kiddy end of the market!

OFT
29-12-12, 21:16
Are newb MC5 mobs supposed to be gone? They still exist in the cave and the place up the ladder, just none walking around the outside main area anymore. I thought it gave a small sense of danger, but I can tell that the message is very clearly to leave MC5 via GR.

Deus Ex Machina
29-12-12, 21:25
[EDIT, wrong Forum]

Thanks for the Fixes of Beginner Mc5, no Traders running in each other anymore.
All the effort going into the game is very appreciated.

Mokoi
29-12-12, 21:54
Also, I just noticed that I'm already damaging both myself and drones on retail. Has this patch gone live already?

That part of the patch was silently pushed to retail with a serverside maintenance update a couple of days ago.

Netphreak
29-12-12, 22:14
That part of the patch was silently pushed to retail with a serverside maintenance update a couple of days ago.

Ah, that explains it. Haven't been on NC since christmas when all the zone crashing issues were happening.

Trivaldi
29-12-12, 22:40

Anyway, good patch.

Wtf? I hope so, don't want this game heading towards the kiddy end of the market!
Calm down ;)

This simply refers to the combination of new models and old textures which was mixed up in some of the legacy vendors. These female vendors are now dressed in their proper vendor uniform. The main example of this is the lady vendor at Battle Dome who has been replaced in any case.

Are newb MC5 mobs supposed to be gone? They still exist in the cave and the place up the ladder, just none walking around the outside main area anymore. I thought it gave a small sense of danger, but I can tell that the message is very clearly to leave MC5 via GR.
Newbie MC5 has been reset on server start up, the missing mobs will appear after 10 minutes or so. They have not been removed and the intention is not to encourage people to leave.

Ah, that explains it. Haven't been on NC since christmas when all the zone crashing issues were happening.
Although this was pushed into Retail without a client patch, we did announce the change once it happened - you can find that announcement here (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?146905-Serverside-Patch-25-12-2012-LE-Droner-fix).

Drachenpaladin
30-12-12, 00:09
Oh well.. i'm gonna miss the bondage outfit on the NPCs tho.

Dribble Joy
30-12-12, 00:41
The Boob and Guns aren't loosing their models, it's that the BD vendors have normal models, but the wrong skins. They looked all sorts of wrong as the textures didn't line up.

Deus Ex Machina
30-12-12, 02:48
Guess Discussion is the right place to say:
Fallen Angels research missions are working, tested all 15, from 10 to 150.
There wasn't a single problem. Some of the missions I took from coms outside the HQ. For others I left the zone and came back.
(Oh and the testing was with the German version of the client, in case that is relevant.)

Ascension
30-12-12, 03:21
Ha a good run around on there with Triv, pointed out a couple of things.

Then mindlessly pk'd while talking to an NPC.

Doc Holliday
30-12-12, 07:15
Guys can you take a good look at Hackers and hacknet in this patch please. Its been a big issue with the combat rank fix that Pure hackers now get some insanely high ranks and therefore it makes levelling a chore in hacknet. It was reported a while ago. Its my one and only gripe. Im installing the client now. Literally dying to see what the new mc5 is like and how good it is. :)

Ascension
30-12-12, 10:45
Guys can you take a good look at Hackers and hacknet in this patch please. Its been a big issue with the combat rank fix that Pure hackers now get some insanely high ranks and therefore it makes levelling a chore in hacknet. It was reported a while ago. Its my one and only gripe. Im installing the client now. Literally dying to see what the new mc5 is like and how good it is. :)

I was on last night and think I found an encampment with security guards in H14, couldnt get too close as was on my own, though couldn't see the commander.

Doc Holliday
30-12-12, 16:44
Ok well im missing something clearly. I went up to mc5. Zoned in from Soliko and ran round and past a couple of heavy security bots. Went outside of mc5 and it looks a little sparse in terms of spawn density. We went away round to where the fences and stuff were put in on the retail version and my tank friend got dropped by 4 security bots. then we left.

We have looked around inside of mc5 and found the crate in the corner of the room (left side as you zone in) was flagged as a bench and u can sit on it. Sadly with the mysterious lack of a base commander (or hes in a different area) there wasnt a lot we can test.

The Security bots at mc5 hurt. i can tell you that. even as a tank with good resists they hurt like hell. This makes mc5 pretty much a no go for any spy/pe to go to level in a team and i really do think this isn't fair so maybe this feedback is useful.

Otherwise please give me some ideas about what im testing for regards mc5? i was actually expecting a whole new dungeon run type of thing and am a little saddened this isnt the case. I actually find doing the swat rifle run easier than mc5 is with the amount of bots so easily aggroed.

Trivaldi
30-12-12, 17:02
While I appreciate you need to know what to test, flat out giving away the new scenario is a little counter productive when we're trying to create a new experience for people to enjoy. A team will be essential, you will also need a PPU. This is pretty much the end game PvE encounter as far as the game is now, so expect to earn those MC5 parts with more effort than required for the previous in and out mechanic of the past.

You'll notice the Command Unit is abandoned, there's a few casualties in a room some of you may not have seen for a while. There's a few facilities in the slightly worn out Command Unit you may recognize from Newbie MC5 (it is the same place, after all). Exploration will be required.

We need a good number of teams to test out H14 as a whole, so we can check mob densities, the difficulty of individual mobs and of course see what kind of team size is the ideal. Once we've been able to gather that information we can adjust the zone and it's encounters accordingly.

I don't want to give everything away which I hope you appreciate. If you have specific queries, ask an I will see what information I can provide without giving too much away.

Doc Holliday
30-12-12, 21:55
While I appreciate you need to know what to test, flat out giving away the new scenario is a little counter productive when we're trying to create a new experience for people to enjoy. A team will be essential, you will also need a PPU. This is pretty much the end game PvE encounter as far as the game is now, so expect to earn those MC5 parts with more effort than required for the previous in and out mechanic of the past.

You'll notice the Command Unit is abandoned, there's a few casualties in a room some of you may not have seen for a while. There's a few facilities in the slightly worn out Command Unit you may recognize from Newbie MC5 (it is the same place, after all). Exploration will be required.

We need a good number of teams to test out H14 as a whole, so we can check mob densities, the difficulty of individual mobs and of course see what kind of team size is the ideal. Once we've been able to gather that information we can adjust the zone and it's encounters accordingly.

I don't want to give everything away which I hope you appreciate. If you have specific queries, ask an I will see what information I can provide without giving too much away.

Thats exactly the kind of thing i was hoping you would say boss :)

I dont want to have the surprise ruined in the name of testing but i was a little "put off" shall we say when we found the mc5 room emptied.

So to clarify exactly what is expected you want us to go up there and run round killing everything we see and clearing our way through the zone to find the Base Commander and his crew and then we go and give em a good old fashioned beat down. Or not as the case may be. As i said we ran in to 4 of the Low level security guys and my tank neglected to tell me his absorption had run out and promptly got the proverbial beat down. Clearly we will need to be a little more careful.

I assume then the BC is now outside somewhere in the zone and we have to fight our way to him and then knock him on his arse?

Will the respawn be a quick one and automated or it will it require a full zone reset to re-spawn him? either way is fine with me but the former would be preferable. However i can understand the logic behind the latter. you don't want these parts dropping off trees after all.

If you can answer even some of the queries raised i would appreciate it and will be the guinea pig after all its good practice for me ppuing if nothing else :) (eternal optimism :P) but yeah please dont ruin the surprise

zii
30-12-12, 23:16
> Female Vendors wearing bondage gear are now dressed appropriately.
I don't care about legacy stuff. I care only that they wear band-aid panties and whips.
Inappropriate dressing is appropriate in Neocron.

Trivaldi
30-12-12, 23:54
So to clarify exactly what is expected you want us to go up there and run round killing everything we see and clearing our way through the zone to find the Base Commander and his crew and then we go and give em a good old fashioned beat down. Or not as the case may be.
Yes please. :)

I assume then the BC is now outside somewhere in the zone and we have to fight our way to him and then knock him on his arse?
Sounds about right!

Will the respawn be a quick one and automated or it will it require a full zone reset to re-spawn him? either way is fine with me but the former would be preferable. However i can understand the logic behind the latter. you don't want these parts dropping off trees after all.
He will respawn without resetting the zone. However he does have a new tactic up his sleeve. He's a busy guy after all...

but yeah please dont ruin the surprise
Hopefully I've not ;)

> Female Vendors wearing bondage gear are now dressed appropriately.
I don't care about legacy stuff. I care only that they wear band-aid panties and whips.
Inappropriate dressing is appropriate in Neocron.
To clear it up finally, this is the bugged vendor which has been fixed. New stripper model with old vendor skins created the below abomination. ;)
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/au31gmi76ulehid/bondagevendor.png

OFT
31-12-12, 09:03
Created a poker on the test server. Can't seem to poke myself with any implants. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm using a TL150 personal tool that's in my inventory (not my QB). When I drag the implant into my Implant Window, my implant moves to the process window with the tool and the message says "you cannot use that implant." My poke TL is far above the TLs of the implants and I have gel. I have also tried using the implant in different positions in the process window.

It's been a long time since i've poked myself, but I don't recall it being this hard. ...what am I doing wrong? Is anyone else having trouble with this?

Ascension
31-12-12, 11:25
Created a poker on the test server. Can't seem to poke myself with any implants. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm using a TL150 personal tool that's in my inventory (not my QB). When I drag the implant into my Implant Window, my implant moves to the process window with the tool and the message says "you cannot use that implant." My poke TL is far above the TLs of the implants and I have gel. I have also tried using the implant in different positions in the process window.

It's been a long time since i've poked myself, but I don't recall it being this hard. ...what am I doing wrong? Is anyone else having trouble with this?

I lommed to poke on my monk on the TS and successfully implanted all imps inclusive of tl 115 DS, I had no issues.

Trivaldi
31-12-12, 11:31

Have you tried zoning or re logging?

Deus Ex Machina
31-12-12, 13:24
When I drag the implant into my Implant Window, my implant moves to the process window with the tool and the message says "you cannot use that implant." [...]
It's been a long time since i've poked myself, but I don't recall it being this hard. ...what am I doing wrong? Is anyone else having trouble with this?I had the same trouble, explanation was: The Level you get with the Anti Lom Pills needs to get actualised for it to work by zoning or mayb also relogging.
If you don't do it, the game thinks you are still to low to use that implant => hence the message.
Happened with a few chars for me so I am pretty sure of that explanation now.

P.S: An implanter NPC is to hard to make I guess? Starting an implant process with a dialog? Was the first time I implanted myself with a tank - and he can't do all the implants ;-)
Well there are enough workarounds, so not really necessary, but would make testing a further bit easier ;-)

zii
31-12-12, 17:36
Yes please. :)
To clear it up finally, this is the bugged vendor which has been fixed. New stripper model with old vendor skins created the below abomination. ;)
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/au31gmi76ulehid/bondagevendor.png

She turns me on. Please put her in the zoo so I have a reason to visit.

OFT
31-12-12, 18:30
I had the same trouble, explanation was: The Level you get with the Anti Lom Pills needs to get actualised for it to work by zoning or mayb also relogging.
If you don't do it, the game thinks you are still to low to use that implant => hence the message.
Happened with a few chars for me so I am pretty sure of that explanation now.

P.S: An implanter NPC is to hard to make I guess? Starting an implant process with a dialog? Was the first time I implanted myself with a tank - and he can't do all the implants ;-)
Well there are enough workarounds, so not really necessary, but would make testing a further bit easier ;-)

Thanks for confirming Ascension and Deus Ex-- I've needed to relog in the past when I do heavy lomming (or reverse-lomming). Tried restarting the whole client last night as well, but nothing worked.

This morning I had the issue again, but this time it said "my tl isn't high enough" and "need a higher tool." I removed one of my other brain implants and suddenly I can poke everything into myself. I'm going to see if I can't recreate it and then post over in the bug section (either way) with my findings.

I had to pull out a Crahn PSI Controller V.01 in order to poke in my heart or any other brain imps.

Drachenpaladin
31-12-12, 19:01
She turns me on. Please put her in the zoo so I have a reason to visit.

^This.

Legato
08-01-13, 00:58
Not anything about this patch specifically, but can you guys please document *all* changes during each patch? Hidden/undocumented changes are deceitful to the community, and I know you guys aren't losers like Blizzard (whose hidden patch notes are sometimes as large as the actual patch notes)

I don't mean bugs specifically. But if something was changed, it should be noted... not overlooked or "not important enough to mention."