PDA

View Full Version : [00025][R#176] Lost settings after fatal

Grogor
03-09-12, 20:06
On some fatal errors you lose the channel settings and window settings. The information that you have read the basic information about GRs, gogus and cupboards seems to be lost to (at least I got informed how they work in my primary appartment). And you receive a mail from your skill advisor.
The latter isn't that much of a problem, but the other ones are pretty annoying.
I haven't had one of those fatals on the testserver yet (don't know how to provoke those) but I assume the behaviour is still there (maybe someone can confirm this).

Biglines
03-09-12, 21:29
ye, I get that too, most annoying imho is actually the fact that the citycom disables all those channels.

NONpk
04-09-12, 20:37
Well theres a way to "solve" that problem without any patch. Put a write-protection on the rpos.ini in your ini folder.

The problem is, that all changes after creating a write-protection are gone with the next login.

Riddle
05-09-12, 13:27
I have been forced to use dx7 when logging in of late as using dx9 crashes at char load screen with a fatal. When using dx9 for the past few years (the problem only arising recently) I can say I have never really had a fatal. Since swoping to dx7 I have 3 to 4 of them a night :( and the PE body bug is back.

Just out of interest what are you running to get a fatal? 7 or 9? Just wondered if it was linked to the dx versions at all ( not being a programmer)

nEo-1664
05-09-12, 13:29
PE body bug is back.

You might want to log this down as a seperate issue otherwise it might get missed off :)

Farril
05-09-12, 21:11
The rpos.ini issue has been adressed and will be included to the next patch after internal test (which will take some time because of a not so trivial change at a different place to void some E's)

The corrupted models.tmp issue can be worked around by -precache, yes. Can you please open a new thread on that, so i can look into handling this error/preventing it a better way? Thx.

MistaiX
27-12-12, 02:11
I just want to reopen this issue/thread (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?145629-Lost-settings-after-fatal)as it is still happening to me. It was the case in numerous times over the last few weeks, no insights how to reproduce though.

* Window position and composition reset
* All channels unchecked besides the default ones
* custom hud color reverted

Torg
27-12-12, 13:17
this is an old bug i experienced numerous times in past years, while not in the recent months.

Dribble Joy
27-12-12, 14:06
Yeah, very old. Usually happens with a hard crash on zoning.

lawless
29-12-12, 23:13
Indeed this happened to me yesterday. Usually my rpos.ini was writeprotected. When i read the patchnotes i gave it a try. While there is nothing reset on an "normal" crash, the hardcrash like @Dribble Joy told us will just update the rpos.ini to the standard settings.

In the past i experienced it most often when travelling with VentureWarp, activating the medium sized map and clicking on it. A very precise way to reproduce it after a few tries :)

Edit:
When i think about it... even when i did not click on the medium sized map, but zoned a few times after using VentureWarp, the hardcrash most likely happens.

SilentEye
29-03-13, 22:13
Crashing resets the RPOS to it's default state.

All windows are set back to their default position.

Chat box stretching is reset to it's default position.

Cabinet and Go Gu stretching is reset to it's default position.

JoshCooper
29-03-13, 22:34
I have also experienced this bug recently, seems just to be happening since the retail patch update

Britney
30-03-13, 02:01
been happening with the chat channels you've selected too

gstyle40
30-03-13, 16:24
this has been around for years and years. a quick fix is to make your rpos.ini file read only. so when the server crashes it cant rewrite that file, thus everything stays the same. now very important, make sure u go to your apartment and use gogo and cabs citycom bed ect b4 u save because if u dont, everytime u go to your appy u will get those annoying first startup messages telling u what everything is/does

phunqe
30-03-13, 19:59
Before using a cloud backup solution to backup important files (I include the Neocron installation in that obviously :p), I just had a batch file called Neocron.bat with the following contents (in the Neocron installation directory), which I ran to start the game:

copy /Y ini\rpos.ini ini\rpos.bak
NeocronLauncher.exe

That way I always had a backup file ready of the rpos.

Trivaldi
30-03-13, 20:51
I would also suggest to create individual reports regarding what happened when you crashed. While we need to look into this problem we are also keen to track down any issues which leads to the game client crashing! :)

netster
03-04-13, 14:44
to track down any issues which leads to the game client crashing! :) Moving stuff into the processor does mostly do my crashes.