PDA

View Full Version : Barter Implant Idea

Doc Holliday
26-12-12, 14:36
Doy Eye style barter implant. Cant see a glove being a great idea and maybe the chips arent the best way to go but im not sure.

A series of eyes could be kinda cool. even one that is recycled like the Doy Eyes has been discussed with friends. Like the recycle eye the user has a keen eye for item quality and is able to negotiate a discount with vendors. Make it recyclable from materials the way you do currently with the doy eyes.

Thoughts?

Jodo
26-12-12, 16:42
Gimme.
There's not enough items that give a bonus to barter imo. Sign me up.

William Antrim
26-12-12, 23:16
I'll take two if I can have one half price! :)

Yeah I'm good with this.

Nanook
27-12-12, 01:20
A barter glove to match the other gloves would make sense. Maybe give to DRE ;)

Sorin
27-12-12, 05:14
I'm down. As it stands, my poor little tradeskill-only noob only has the Jones brain implant for barter. I think that's the only thing that adds barter, implant-wise, according to THN.

vices
27-12-12, 09:50
A barter glove to match the other gloves would make sense. Maybe give to DRE ;)

I agree, any solution that benefits bartering I'm down with. But isn't it the handshake that ultimately seals the deal :p?

Doc Holliday
27-12-12, 12:42
chips/eyes over any glove imo. i just cant see the glove making much sense. its brainpower to negotiate.

DER_julu
27-12-12, 12:54
chips/eyes over any glove imo. i just cant see the glove making much sense. its brainpower to negotiate.

on the other hand, if said glove looks like knuckles... hmmmm...

William Antrim
27-12-12, 13:19
on the other hand, if said glove looks like knuckles... hmmmm...

Or a bone-crunching handshake...

zii
27-12-12, 15:50
Well +1 to this.

Forget My Name
27-12-12, 17:10
The total discount you'd get from all these new implants would have to equal what you get now with only one implant. You can't go much higher than now otherwise you would have infinite money.

A maxed out barterer now is already powerful. I don't see the need for more bartering implants.

Doc Holliday
27-12-12, 19:55
The total discount you'd get from all these new implants would have to equal what you get now with only one implant.

by doing this you render the implants pointless.

William Antrim
27-12-12, 21:27
Then you need to give people a chance to spend their money on other stuff. You are going to have infinite money one day anyway so how is that a reason to say no to this idea. The noobs will make great use of stuff like this. If anything then you could lower the amount of benefit given by the barter skill and equal the total benefit of the current barter (50% or whatever the highest discount is) with these new imps and a maxed out full int barterer.

Seriously great idea.

zii
27-12-12, 21:44
...You can't go much higher than now otherwise you would have infinite money.

I already have 5,000,000 credits after a man week of levelling my char. I cannot see any reason not to introduce it into the game.

Forget My Name
27-12-12, 22:25
by doing this you render the implants pointless.

I agree, hence why we don't need the implants.

Then you need to give people a chance to spend their money on other stuff.

I am confused by this statement. What do you mean?

You are going to have infinite money one day anyway so how is that a reason to say no to this idea.

Um, no... Right now there is no legit way to get infinite money. But if you want to increase the power of the barter so any player can buy a gun for 5000 and sell it right back to the vendor for 6000, then NOW you have infinite money.

The noobs will make great use of stuff like this. If anything then you could lower the amount of benefit given by the barter skill and equal the total benefit of the current barter (50% or whatever the highest discount is) with these new imps and a maxed out full int barterer.

Yes, that is my point. You cannot just simply increase the power of the barter by adding more implants because the power of a maxed out barter is pretty close to breaking the game as it is. I am glad you agree with me that if you want more implants, you need to adjust the power of bartering to equal what we have now. If you want to lessen the skill, but make the implants more influence somehow, that is perfectly fine.

I am glad you are able to contribute to this idea. I like lessening the barter skill itself, and increasing the power of bartering implants.

I already have 5,000,000 credits after a man week of levelling my char. I cannot see any reason not to introduce it into the game.

Breaking the economy by introducing a macro engine for infinite cash will break the game. Also, you gained that money by playing the game. Doing the same thing by setting up a macro program at a vendor is not what the developers intended as correct game play.

Anyway, regardless of who posts here, the developers know fully well how delicate an mmo economy is, and you can bet your woc disks they won't make barter be able to make infinite money.

Kame
27-12-12, 23:08
Absolutely against this idea. Plus what would a noob level with as pure barter, buying shit all day ?

Bottom line is no noob levels as pure barter because barter leveling does not exist. People cap and LOM to barter.

I hope some fool just doesnt come up and goes : "I always wanted to level from noob to pure barterer", because it's just a plain bullshit answer.

Also with the current non-existent barter chips, at least the barter char can double as a driver/repper/recycler and use those chips instead of being a pure gimp with most imp slots attributed to barter chips.

William Antrim
28-12-12, 00:05
The noobs would level the same as all of the other noobs. Barter would work in the same way as Implanting. How many pokers level up as pokers? None, they get their guns out and kill stuff when they are not poking people at Medicare.

While your opinion is valid, your argument is not. My barterer is 150 currently and has had barter since day 1. Granted she is a driver as well. However I would gladly like to have the opportunity to swap out my implants to increase my bartering for a period of time so that I can stock up on repair nannites and then swap my chips back to my driving imps so that I can go and drive my rhino and repair it.

You dont level by bartering, everyone here knows that. So please tell me again why it is a bad idea?

Doc Holliday
28-12-12, 07:25
and the "swimming against the tide" idea starts to come to mind. interesting points made by kame but i agree with what william said above. anyway. not gonna let this good idea for getting in to another forum war. :)

Kame
29-12-12, 17:07
To go with my general thinking about fixing the game i would like to add that introducing new imps/items is hardly a way of fixing game balance. To me its just addressing specific issues with a band-aid solution. Just think about 2.2

William Antrim
29-12-12, 17:36
Without suddenly rushing into full cliche mode I do not think that fixing game balance and adding new imps are even in the same category. This kind of suggestion, at least in my mind, comes under the new content banner. Two things that NC needs that I think a lot of people here definitely CAN agree on is content and balancing. Of those two content is far and away the easiest thing to add. Content brings players, balancing keeps them.

Biglines
29-12-12, 18:52
they won't make barter be able to make infinite money.

you seem to be waging a war against something that noone is proposing? where is anyone proposing to make barter so overpowered that u can buy stuff for less than you can sell it?

Forget My Name
29-12-12, 23:00
Okay, then define what the limit of all these new implants would be.

Tell me what a full barter gets now as a discount and sell back, and what the new proposed barter would get. Because right now, using a barter and buying items from an Outpost is already ridiculous.

Sorin
29-12-12, 23:51
Doesnt the effect of barter work on the same diminishing returns principle of other skills, rather than being linear? That being the case, the effect of three or so more implants ultimately wont be that much, but it will help more in the lower levels for those that are skilling it and not capping via something else and then lomming.

An extra 10-15 barter at the cap probably wont have that much an effect.