PDA

View Full Version : Enabling member blogs

phunqe
25-12-12, 23:10
Hi,

the blogs built into this version of vBulletin are quite neat. Have you considered enabling blogs for normal members?

Cheers.

Mokoi
25-12-12, 23:57
was that the complete sales pitch? ;)

phunqe
26-12-12, 00:20
Oh you are such a tease :p

Well I invision blogs like "A hunters diary", "PvP according to X", "Op wars done right", "The hunt for WOC 5", "The life of a tradeskiller" etc etc and so on :)

I think it could provide an extra level to it all, also functioning as promotional material for the game. I actually haven't seen anything like it in any other game I've come across (well except individual blogs on personal pages then that is, but it's not really the same thing). Personal blogs require some effort, but having it here it's much more accessible. I could see my clan keeping an updated blog.
There's a lot of very talented people in this community that probably could make use of this in very interesting ways.

awkward silence
26-12-12, 10:34
Oh you are such a tease :p

Well I invision blogs like "A hunters diary", "PvP according to X", "Op wars done right", "The hunt for WOC 5", "The life of a tradeskiller" etc etc and so on :)

I think it could provide an extra level to it all, also functioning as promotional material for the game. I actually haven't seen anything like it in any other game I've come across (well except individual blogs on personal pages then that is, but it's not really the same thing). Personal blogs require some effort, but having it here it's much more accessible. I could see my clan keeping an updated blog.
There's a lot of very talented people in this community that probably could make use of this in very interesting ways.

i agree to this idea completely. If a blog thing would be done right it would be awesome!

Biglines
26-12-12, 15:05
I think it should be limited to a few people though, with high quality content and a commitment to post regularly.

if everyone and their grandma can make an "official" blog, I think the majority would quickly devolve in either spamming or inactivity. I wouldn't mind seeing a blog of for example the guys that write the nc inspired short stories etc.

phunqe
26-12-12, 16:19
The problem with limiting it is that it then suddenly becomes something "official" with expectations. It sholuld be open to all in my opinion. If someone posts one word per day I don't care, you can choose which ones to subscribe to etc anyway. Those with poor content will be not read and filtered out eventually.
There are probably those who would like to try it, even if it might be a bit daunting, but without any expectations whatsoever or anything official about it. Just "silently" start a blog, keep it updated and see how it moves along (with users trickling in if it's any good). If not, just close it. This "I'll give it a try" category won't apply for blog permissions.

zii
27-12-12, 15:49
It is a nice idea that some people may well make good use of.

Currently I think this would require extra support from an overstretched workforce coupled with brief learning curve. An idea for the future, perhaps?