PDA

View Full Version : Any ETA on Terra?

23-12-12, 22:06
Any ETA on Terra?

I get so little time to play anything these days I don't relish the thought of starting again on the new server :-(

Doc Holliday
23-12-12, 22:22
i dont think anyone will play on terra with you. sorry bud. welcome back again though ;)

William Antrim
23-12-12, 22:25
If you fancy starting from scratch on the new server look out for any of the Earps and I will make you some weapons and stuff.

Mokoi
23-12-12, 22:37
Terra and Mars are on backlog with regards to improving the overall stability of patch #176.
No fixed ETA, but the plan of updating them to the current patchlevel (once a couple of issues are resolved) remains unchanged.
Other than that - Doc Holliday has a valid argument.

Sorin
23-12-12, 23:49
Ultimately, I don't care what happens to Terra,; I just want my characters back. :(

Mokoi
24-12-12, 00:46
Ultimately, I don't care what happens to Terra,; I just want my characters back. :(

y u no be happy? :(
we, you and us, managed to keep NC afloat against all odds this past year.
we know character transfers are a much requested service and our primary goal is to cater for the needs of the community.
ultimately, we'll see character transfers become reality - the big question is just when and what and how - but be assured this is a topic we have not forgotten about ;)

Sorin
24-12-12, 05:14
y u no be happy? :(
we, you and us, managed to keep NC afloat against all odds this past year.
we know character transfers are a much requested service and our primary goal is to cater for the needs of the community.
ultimately, we'll see character transfers become reality - the big question is just when and what and how - but be assured this is a topic we have not forgotten about ;)

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm definitely happy! I know and appreciate the things you guys are doing and understand that certain things are in the works, being looked at, being planned, etc. I'm just sadface because my old characters, that I put a lot of work into over the years, are not available at the moment. I hold out hope you guys will work out a reasonable transfer system, it's just been quite a chore having to start from scratch, is all. Luckily, the grinds are not a fraction as bad as the other MMOs I've played over the years, so that's something. :)

Doc Holliday
24-12-12, 10:57

that bit right there really made me smile. My pe on terra is the only one i want. i dont care about the others. well. maybe i do. maybe my tank but i filled the account anyway so depending on what comes over i will see what happens but it means i get my original pe back who i have had since jan 03. Its his tenth birthday next month ;) maybe i get to celebrate it with him.

phunqe
24-12-12, 12:51
I am starting to get a bit worried about a char transfer. I am leaning toward a char only, no inventory (not even qb) position on the matter.

With all that cash and item duping (unless ALL that was cleaned up) will just flood Titan. We've all had to build up a new tech collection and it will still be a long time before CS is common equipment for example (the drop rate is ridiculous). If characters fill their qbs with CSes and transfer over it's fucked up again.
Maybe allow the safe slot to transfer over. Still, I don't know really...

Doc Holliday
24-12-12, 12:54
Naked transfer would be the best but 1 weapon would be nice. you know everyone would bring their cs with em :)

Garfield
24-12-12, 14:56
ill bring a 5slot milky ren :D or GM_Watson's dog tag

Dribble Joy
24-12-12, 16:43
I'm starting to think any items could be highly detrimental to titan. Most people have a lot of chars with complete sets of high end gear.

Maybe just safe slot, nothing else.

Faid
24-12-12, 18:20
I'm still against any transfer whatsoever, but it seems it's already been decided... I'd just like to point out that there was just as much negative feedback as there was positive.

If it is indeed your intent to allow transfers I would suggest minimizing the damage this will do to as little as possible. Absolutely no items from Terra can be trusted, that includes implants. No money can be trusted to be genuine either. It's a very bad idea in my opinion to allow anything from that blatant rampantly cheat filled, hacked, GM favored, exploited environment onto our beautiful clean new server. But we've had this discussion already in numerous threads. o_O

William Antrim
24-12-12, 20:17
I can categorically state I have nothing illegal on terra. Not even any cash to my knowledge. I however would forsake all of my belongings there for just a naked char transfer.

extract
24-12-12, 21:39
i dont think anyone will play on terra with you. sorry bud. welcome back again though ;)

I dont know about that, maybe not some of you hard old schoolers, Id leave titan in a minute to get my old characters and items back. I have hardly any friends around anymore, I cant no life to get things, and from what I heard I cant even get an mc5 implant at the moment. cant be assed to farm for months for guns, & items I spend since 2003 grinding for.

they need to put a cash shop in game and Id be happy

GosuSmurf
24-12-12, 21:54
just do it the same way as from nc1 to bdoy? would make me happy!

24-12-12, 22:00
just do it the same way as from nc1 to bdoy? would make me happy!

I personally hated the NC1 to NC2 transfer (mainly the bit where 'someone' decided how much cash you got by your rank and the fact I lost all my apartments and content) if the options for character transfer are between that and nothing at all I may as well just make a new character on Titan (no I dont have any duped/hacked stuff before anyone points fingers)

Sorin
24-12-12, 23:09
It's more the time invested in my character that I'm concerned about. I can do without most of the items. One way someone suggested was just the safe slot...I'd be fine with that, all I really need is my TL150 tradeskill tools; those damned things are really expensive, especially for fresh characters with no resources or support. I can reacquire most of the other stuff (although nailing a 5 slot holy energy barrel on the first build is something I probably can't repeat :p).

phunqe
24-12-12, 23:10
Yes, please consider this very very carefully how it should be implemented. Somebody said that they would leave Titan in an instant if they got all their old stuff back.
Honestly, I don't think I would want that because it means everybody else would as well, including all the dupes and exploits.
Please don't ruin Titan, at the current pace it will ensure a lot of fun before reaching any status quo (where everybody has everything).

Mokoi
25-12-12, 00:01
I personally hated the NC1 to NC2 transfer (mainly the bit where 'someone' decided how much cash you got by your rank and the fact I lost all my apartments and content) if the options for character transfer are between that and nothing at all I may as well just make a new character on Titan (no I dont have any duped/hacked stuff before anyone points fingers)

In that case I suggest you go ahead and create a new char, because if there is one thing I am pretty certain about, it is this:
none of the transfer options is likely to cover appartments and their content.

Deus Ex Machina
25-12-12, 00:15
I bet many transferred Items would be WOC 3 PAs. Just to mention them...
While I have not really interesting chars on Terra (those on Titan coming close to how the bunch on Terra was), I would have a character on Mars, if ever transfers happened. And to be honest, I wouldn't be really satisfied with one Slot for transfer. While I maybe will work on that again, the most valuable objects to me are a bronze medal, a silber medal, a gold medal and a Tech Haven Key (All documented by the Voice of the Resistance, so it could be checked if those are legal if the Content of the sites is still around). Everything else can be replaced by my own work.
Such Items, like those Trophy Cups, or Copbot Trophies haven't been mentioned at all, but are truly irreplaceable (at least for a while). But in the end, like many appartments, if its too much trouble to transfer, I still can live without them.
Its not the content that make the runner.
Its the runner that makes the content.

William Antrim
25-12-12, 01:50
They can always make a list of prohibited items...

Riddle
25-12-12, 02:03
Char transfer would to be honest support runners like me who have limited time to level, we've all grown a little older, not only NC!

if you worried about Titan, then here's the solution......

a few months after char transfer, increase cap level, (no not more woc!) release new content drops ( from revamped areas of the disused NC) no major content mapping required a big plus.
New armour - player community skin competition for models and naming, new techs for new weapons, all NEW shit to discover.

exploit farming fixed at this point would mean everyone on a level playing field....

Least until NC 3 :)

Phiberdelic
25-12-12, 02:16
The lack of apartment transfers would make me sad. I have GM created apts from event wins, let alone all the NC apt landmarks such as Cabbage's bowling alley/chessboard, Ressi's rooftop battle arena, Hogg's mirrored apts and jungle w/ wallerfall, Fail's MB soldier hideout with Stormbots, Flamenka's SEXROOM, etc.

phunqe
25-12-12, 06:17
How about being able to transfer everything but weapons (both offensive and offensive) and implants?
There's obviously a lot of non combat items that mean a lot and that have history behind it. Personally I don't have anything against being able to transfer everything that would fall in the non combat category. You should be able to keep historical items really, it makes you feel like a part of the game and you have something to show for everything you have been through and experienced.

25-12-12, 19:06
In that case I suggest you go ahead and create a new char, because if there is one thing I am pretty certain about, it is this:
none of the transfer options is likely to cover appartments and their content.

Or wait for Terra ;-)

Problem for me is I never really managed to get back to my NC1 point in NC2 (and transfer on subsequent characters was bugged and they would all have the skin of the first so I had to redo those from scratch) and I suspect on Titan I'll fall even further behind my curve (have aggressor captain cellars been restored? This was one of the bigger levelling nerfs I remember)

phunqe
25-12-12, 19:37
You should not worry about leveling really. Just keep the LE in and you'll be capped (at least your mainskill) in no time. Aggie cellars are fine.

zii
28-12-12, 15:02
.... none of the transfer options is likely to cover apartments and their content.

In fact no character transfer ever included apartments as far as I recall. ( ref to nc1 --> nc2 and so on ).

I would like to see Terra up for a week so that I can jot down the my tank's resist set-up.

As others wrote, you oughtn't be concerned about the XP as it take a few weeks of casual play to cap most character primary skills.

> Aggie cellars are fine.
Aggies cellars!? until you're capped. lol.

Zoltan
28-12-12, 15:09
Terra will come back next year. There is a lots of things we have to prepare to get terra running again.

MistaiX
28-12-12, 15:20
Don't put much effort in the old servers or possible transfer options, ressources are needed elsewhere. At least from my point of view.
I can gladly step ahead without all my old crap.

Load
28-12-12, 16:22
I have invested time in my Titan characters but I would not hesitate to bring over pretty much all my older characters - 2 of which are at least 9 years old its the history of the characters and also not really fancying WoCing again :p

In terms of being able to transfer items I think Epic items should be transferred and to be honest furniture and trophies too because at the end of the day in terms of affecting PvP/OP warfare/PvE it offers nothing interms of upsetting the balance of anything when compared to the transfer of all the 5 slot dissis/CS/GM spawn ionics there were on terra which in at least one clan on terra *cough*SOAD*cough* were no doubt all the same item

Faid
28-12-12, 17:22
I have invested time in my Titan characters but I would not hesitate to bring over pretty much all my older characters - 2 of which are at least 9 years old its the history of the characters and also not really fancying WoCing again :p

In terms of being able to transfer items I think Epic items should be transferred and to be honest furniture and trophies too because at the end of the day in terms of affecting PvP/OP warfare/PvE it offers nothing interms of upsetting the balance of anything when compared to the transfer of all the 5 slot dissis/CS/GM spawn ionics there were on terra which in at least one clan on terra *cough*SOAD*cough* were no doubt all the same item

All the more reason to not allow transfers from Terra

Zoltan
28-12-12, 18:25
Character-Transfer? Maybe! But not for Items or Appartements. Different Server == Different Universe.

Titan is no compensation for anything. Its just a new Server ;)

William Antrim
28-12-12, 18:59
Got any more details you can share on this Z?

Doc Holliday
28-12-12, 21:33
Character-Transfer? Maybe! But not for Items or Appartements. Different Server == Different Universe.

thank you so much. My original suggestion was for just that. character. im glad its under consideration. Forget all the other shit. Naked transfer meant just that. bring the character and his skills. His equipment can be purchased very easily. If someone is coming back to this game in the future who hasnt actually started on titan in any way, shape or form let them transfer over just the same. Let it be the community who can identify who needs some help getting started and who doesn't.

Zoltan
29-12-12, 00:58
Got any more details you can share on this Z?

Its already implemented to transfer "naked" chars in our backend BUT (and this is the important one) there is no frontend yet and there are some problems to transfer characters to an running server. For short: We have many things (=we're currently on it) to do before we can invest least one thought on charactertransfers.

Monkeyballz
29-12-12, 02:56

I would Agree about Newsever and no Transfer..But you have hurt the hard core gamers with MC5 imps now..Its pretty useless for any one to lvl new charaters and not able get the best imps in game.The ones who do have Mc5 imps are reasion you did what you did by farming with drones.Im asking if allow us to atleast Bring are Mc5 imps.I care less about anything else as i have done farmed the game for all kinds weapons and such but im at a stoping pont now cause of Mc5..Please Zoltan think this over yu have little time as do much us.And we have been active players from beta many years of playing just like you so make way for us get Mc5 now cause i injot pvp not pve in this game.

Trivaldi
29-12-12, 03:43
A new MC5 experience will be available in the next patch, allowing you to get a hold of these precious items. I'm hoping you guys will enjoy it.

phunqe
29-12-12, 04:00
Ack, such a tease :p

IceStorm
29-12-12, 05:48
I had many characters on Tera (four accounts). I've no issue waiting for Terra to be brought back online, nor is a low population an issue (never did play with anyone else anyway).

I'm past the point where I have hours to spend playing. I'm happy just returning to my various apartments and equipment, maybe go hunt some Warbots.

Monkeyballz
29-12-12, 06:09
A new MC5 experience will be available in the next patch, allowing you to get a hold of these precious items. I'm hoping you guys will enjoy it.

Grats a new MC5..tell me does that resolve the problem that people are behind on geting them now and do not have the time to farm them? Also are forgeting alot people in NC farm solo is the new MC5 going be soloable? Cause seems me your trying set the game up as if ever one playing right now has others to farm with.Maybe need know how it really is.

Mokoi
29-12-12, 06:31
Grats a new MC5..tell me does that resolve the problem that people are behind on geting them now and do not have the time to farm them? Also are forgeting alot people in NC farm solo is the new MC5 going be soloable? Cause seems me your trying set the game up as if ever one playing right now has others to farm with.Maybe need know how it really is.

While a huge amount of what you can do in Neocron is feasible for solo play, it is fully acceptable that this is not the ultima ratio for every aspect of the game. It is in the nature of any kind of MMORPG that certain content requires interaction with other players. If you dont like teaming up, you can always trade.

Obviously a refactored MC5 will not provide you with more time than what you already have, but it will increase the amount of MC5 chips floating around and thus make it easier (= less time consuming) to grab one.

William Antrim
29-12-12, 08:16
Thank you very much for commenting.

Anlon
29-12-12, 09:08
Hmm would I rather have my WoC tank and play on a low pop server or a naked max lvl tank on a high pop server. hmmmm I wonder if After Dark would transfer their characters. Any AD from terra on? my chars name was Anlon, anyone remember me? I do miss that tank, put alot of time into him. I would like to play on him first before I consider transfering him and losing his stuff. Will the server be up before the transfer? I realize both events are a ways off and this question is premature, I am just curious.

DaRKWuRM
29-12-12, 10:38
Oddly enough this is sounding very good to a old player who's checking in.

Mokoi
29-12-12, 14:40
Will the server be up before the transfer?.

I'll be careful to vouch for moving targets, but the hypothetical answer to your question would be yes

Monkeyballz
29-12-12, 17:39
While a huge amount of what you can do in Neocron is feasible for solo play, it is fully acceptable that this is not the ultima ratio for every aspect of the game. It is in the nature of any kind of MMORPG that certain content requires interaction with other players. If you dont like teaming up, you can always trade.

Obviously a refactored MC5 will not provide you with more time than what you already have, but it will increase the amount of MC5 chips floating around and thus make it easier (= less time consuming) to grab one.

Thats awsome and what i was thiunking you would say about this subject.I dont think you are understanding.NC should worrie with more PVP its what keeps us playing it its not the best PVE game.If people want play PVE there are much better based games for that.I under stand you have fix the PVE to keep it alive.But why did you have hurt us with mc5 imps?Most ever mmorpg have good base pve.But there pvp sucks not as good as NC.Maybe you should play other MMORPG so under stand how to set this up?you have no clue that a good PE has to have 2 mc5 imps and most all tanks need 2 mc5 imps.So with mc5 was down for so long you hurt alot people with there setups.Face the facts no matter what do with Mc5 now it will not help alot cause as people are now geting sick of lvling charaters to set them in appie and go farm firemobs...Witch maybe the drop rate on warbots could be fixed also its sicking..How about 2 droners going to Doy tunnels now and farm parts witch is part PVE?ahhh wait i forgot cant be done cause new great fix on drones.Im glaid what have done but at least let us bring Mc5 imps over what can that hurt but alot time?Maybe you guys should rembmer when pop was low only way could do anything was with drones.Some us players was there when you was under 1% pop.Maybe should think about ones who was decated to game for so long..Maybe should blance things then worrie with fixing mc5?Look at all places in game people dont go play in maybe there is problem there also im confussed why even worrieing with mc5 when should maybe make new blance with weapons and such worrieing with PVP and then PVE maybe add new thinsg so income is better like weapons/new pas make haveing woc3 worth more then a Gold pa..

Dropout
29-12-12, 17:46
..Wall of text..
Dude.. Hit enter once in a while.. Please..

Looking forward to the MC5 fix though. Maybe I'll install NC Again - if they Arent going to be impossible to get.
Really cba playing as a tank, and thats pretty much the only viable class without MC5's..

Dribble Joy
30-12-12, 00:36
..Wall of text..
I too have numerous over-capped chars on terra, with buckets of items, including some there are no longer obtainable. I too was rather miffed to begin with about not being able to bring what I had worked for for nearly ten years to the new server.
After seeing what has happened with Titan though, I don't want to see any items brought over. There's too much to spoil.

I already have an MC5 on titan though, and it wasn't that much to buy (though admittedly it was a CCP).

Monkeyballz
30-12-12, 01:14
I too have numerous over-capped chars on terra, with buckets of items, including some there are no longer obtainable. I too was rather miffed to begin with about not being able to bring what I had worked for for nearly ten years to the new server.
After seeing what has happened with Titan though, I don't want to see any items brought over. There's too much to spoil.

I already have an MC5 on titan though, and it wasn't that much to buy (though admittedly it was a CCP).

Grats on your mc5 chips. I would not want a transfer eather if i had my mc5 already and yes i have trade for ccp but trying get other chips is not easy. A transfer of charaters with Mc5 chips would not hurt titian. It might even help in alot ways and bring people has done left back knowing that there able to get imps they need for pvp. I still belive Devs need think about that cause its because Mc5 been down so long is why people left in 1st place. Just like walker was talking about...

Dribble Joy
30-12-12, 12:27
Next patch will have a revamped MC5, or at least, the latest test server patch does.

Doc Holliday
30-12-12, 14:07
Dude.. Hit enter once in a while.. Please..

:D my sentiments exactly.

Forget My Name
30-12-12, 15:30
The Developer feedback in this thread is flat out amazing. Just saying :)

[F6]Knight
31-12-12, 15:45
TBH, does anyone even want Terra and Mars back?
Titan is a load of fun and has a community the size of what I remember Terra and Mars had 10 years ago.
Terra and Mars will be empty as hell.
I agree that they should come online for at least a couple months so old vets can check their chars and decide which ones they wish to transfer (combine this with a mail to all old NC players so they know they should hurry up), but after that just take those old servers down and spend the money on something more useful.
And char transfers should definately be naked.

As for MC5, I know you've already revamped it and it's coming in a new patch, but why not [crazy idea] do it similar to NeoFrag? But instead of being VR, have it so you don't loose your stats / items when you leave. This way you can have multiple "instances" of MC5. Revamp the main building to be a sort of base like Regants with multiple rooms and tunnels. Make it so it takes a team of players half an hour to fight to the end for 1 implant part. This way it still requires a lot of effort, but at least each team can get their own instance of the place and not have anyone rush in to steal the commander kill.[/crazy idea]

Dribble Joy
31-12-12, 15:58
NC has withstood the lure of the dreaded instance this long, I really don't see how it would make the game better.

Dropout
31-12-12, 16:17
Knight;2198559']TBH, does anyone even want Terra and Mars back?

I do. I use Terra for duels once in a while.. Since that's where the characters I enjoy is at..

Faid
31-12-12, 19:12
Make it so it takes a team of players half an hour to fight to the end for 1 implant part.

This would do excessively more harm than good. There are currently seven MC5 chips each taking 6 parts to build. It already took forever to acquire one chip that you actually need, let alone all the chips for everyone in your team. This would mean months of grinding and that would certainly drive people away.

The main reason a bunch of the people I play with have stopped playing is the unavailability of MC5 chips. The fact that some clans were allowed to farm the chips the easy way creates a huge dis-advantage for everyone else.

They need to make MC5 chips similar to an epic quest. A long multi-part mission that rewards you with a whole chip at the end.

[F6]Knight
01-01-13, 08:56
I think we all agree that MC5 chips should require a lot of work, BUT should be available to everyone willing to work for them. (possibly with a team)
Before MC5 got disabled, it was just 1 NPC in the whole game that could drop the parts and he was often farmed 24/7 by a select group of players.
I really hope that with the upcoming MC5 fix, they took this into account and provide a way for people to get them with hard organized work instead of being lucky to find the place abandoned for long enough to get a few parts.
I'm not in the mood to pay 20mil for a few parts or a full chip because they are not "farmable".
Don't get me wrong, "farmable" in this case should NOT mean "easy to get".

Faid
01-01-13, 09:00
Knight;2198607']
I'm not in the mood to pay 20mil for a few parts or a full chip because they are not "farmable".
Don't get me wrong, "farmable" in this case should NOT mean "easy to get".

Well you better get in the "mood" because that is exactly the situation the Dev's have left us in.

DaRKWuRM
01-01-13, 09:22
I seem to recall a time when MC5 in terms of imps didn't exist, and PvP was still quite active. Sure end game PvP is enhanced by MC5 chips, but the game is hardly unplayable without MC5's being readily available. I rather like the fact that not everyone is on a flavor of the month build, and we all don't have the same setups. Feels like early Uranus a bit to me. Sure we all use similar methods of leveling, but lets face it, it's different, it's harsh, which was always NC's strong point.

The game doesn't sugar coat anything, never has, that's what makes it good. It's more interesting because it either makes you work for what you want, or sends you home as a failure. All those quitters people like to talk about, those are people who let NC beat them, like the bitches they are. The ones that stayed are the ones still fighting the good fight no matter the odds.

It's been years since I've seen the game the way it is on titan, I'd hate to see it die yet again. NC lomd you to noob, deal with it. Adapt or die, it's what we've always done in NC...

Netphreak
01-01-13, 12:16
What about WoC gun style multi-part missions that reward you with parts of the chips? Not completely random, as in let you pick which chip you are after and/or have these long multi-part missions for each part.

The reason I say a WoC style multi-part mission is because we don't want it to be easy/quick or entirely soloable. I'm thinking of this as a long way to get parts that compliments going to MC5, (and gives a way to try and get the chip parts that are extremely elusive).

Obviously this is just a thought, but if it would help get people traveling across the map to places that are simply not used and no one goes to, then I think it would be a good idea.

I would actually quite like some specialist DOY combat chips and armor added to the game at some point to make use of all the DoY outposts with guards and also get people to go into DoY, but I think that idea is for another day and I've already gone far enough off topic.

awkward silence
01-01-13, 14:51
I seem to recall a time when MC5 in terms of imps didn't exist, and PvP was still quite active. Sure end game PvP is enhanced by MC5 chips, but the game is hardly unplayable without MC5's being readily available. I rather like the fact that not everyone is on a flavor of the month build, and we all don't have the same setups. Feels like early Uranus a bit to me. Sure we all use similar methods of leveling, but lets face it, it's different, it's harsh, which was always NC's strong point.

The game doesn't sugar coat anything, never has, that's what makes it good. It's more interesting because it either makes you work for what you want, or sends you home as a failure. All those quitters people like to talk about, those are people who let NC beat them, like the bitches they are. The ones that stayed are the ones still fighting the good fight no matter the odds.

It's been years since I've seen the game the way it is on titan, I'd hate to see it die yet again. NC lomd you to noob, deal with it. Adapt or die, it's what we've always done in NC...

Other than you sounding a bit daft, there are a few things id like to comment here. But before that, you sound as if NC's mechanics are overly harsh, they are not.

For instance money is extremely easy and absolutely worthless on Titan, same goes for everything but some techs, WOC disks and MC5s. This game is NOT harsh in many aspects but rather either too easy or "non-existent" and hard like MC5.

Seconly, the lack of MC5 chips does affect PVP. At the moment only members of very big clans have MC5 chips, many (if not most) others are LE'd but capped, waiting to get their MC5s before they think, weather rightfully or not they have any chance of doing well in PVP.

Thirdly, anyone but an actual new player have the same working FEW pvp setups, and yes they are known to even most noobs down to the con setup. Namely a dissy/AK spy or CS tank. A few others are used purelt for novelty as it stands.

Lastly, and this is the most serious point im trying to make. To have this game alive we need it to cater for as many play-styles as possible from tradeskillers to LE hunters to self-proclaimed gods of PVP. Telling people off for maybe giving up on a game, that is still dominated by many "cleverly uses of game mechanisms" and just bad mechanisms, is not the right idea. We should try and get them back. The volunteer dev team has a pretty decent START.

ps. If you want a harsh world, just log out and try chatting up a girl when you DONT have the looks of Brad Pitt (for instance). That's why we all have an escape. Mine is NC i guess, among a few others.

pps. Just for your information, i look better than Brad Pitt =P

YUP, ADAPT OR DIE!

DaRKWuRM
01-01-13, 21:14
I think you misunderstand me, probably because I wasn't very clear. I'm calling the game harsh in comparison to many other MMO's that have come and gone. There is a bit of a not very noob friendly learning curve to NC that not many games have. Admittedly it has gotten easier over the years, but I'm not sure if that's experience that we gained over the years, or modifications in game mechanics.

With regard to PvP, I understand that end game PvP is affected. But clearly not everyone is at end game yet, which isn't a bad thing. I remember enjoying the non end game PvP exceedingly more than the latter, which is representative of my play style. MC5's were never a requirement for me to have a good time, though I have to grant, that's important to some.

I understand you want those players back, as do I, but NeoCrack has always done a good job of luring vets back. The question is, what will it be like when they "check in". I do agree that having access to the characters they have known and cared for over the years would help, but I can't justify in my mind the necessity for access to the end game gear on a new server. Initially I was a little put off by it when I "checked in" but then I rolled a char, played for a bit and remembered what I loved about the game, in its unexploited state. Not everyone is going to have that experience, but I would say a few will.

P.S Girls have never been my problem. 4 kids later... o_O

Dropout
02-01-13, 03:59
With regard to PvP, I understand that end game PvP is affected. But clearly not everyone is at end game yet, which isn't a bad thing. I remember enjoying the non end game PvP exceedingly more than the latter, which is representative of my play style.Most people play for opfights tbh. That or duels. And both of those are endgame, and need MC5s (for dex based characters).

MC5's were never a requirement for me to have a good timeSo either you havent PvP'd since before 2.2 release, or you play a tank/monk.

Load
02-01-13, 10:39
So either you havent PvP'd since before 2.2 release, or you play a tank/monk.

Spies can be played perfectly fine without MC5 chips - obviously theyll be lacking more RC but still doesnt make them less viable

Dribble Joy
02-01-13, 13:52
Just use the lvl 3 RC/PC imp. Almost the same benefits and it's not like most spies need the extra dex.

PsiCorps
02-01-13, 18:29
I think having more than one server would create a divide which we don't need.
Either allow naked transfers to Titan - or destroy all living memory of our old chars.

I wouldn't want my gear back - as a most of it was gained through fair play, but to be honest there were a lot of shady dealings and exploits which nobody really cared about back on Saturn.

I'm enjoying a fresh start.

GosuSmurf
08-01-13, 01:28
Terra is online!

Sorin
08-01-13, 06:05
I don't see any announcements, so I'm not sure it's on purpose, but all of my characters and stuff seem to be intact, so, woo hoo. :)

Trivaldi
08-01-13, 10:20
Terra is officially back online. Please be aware Terra and Mars are still located in Canada, for more information regarding the up keep of Terra and Mars please refer to the information provided in the September 17th Service Update (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?145747-Service-Update-17th-Sept-2012).

As Terra is back online and this topic has drifted somewhat, thread closed.