PDA

View Full Version : Psi Monk Stat Distribution

Anlon
17-12-12, 18:31
Can I get a basic guide on what a max lvl psi monk APU stats would look like so I know what to work towards please. Thank you.

and maybe which weapons to use and the different between the barrels and blasts and bolts

Chuck Norris
17-12-12, 20:12
int psi will be your mana pool mainly... stack apu as high as you can while giving yourself just enough focus to cast the module.

Energy (lightening) is where it at for pve barrels and bolts are your bread and butter for leveling. Barrels have greater aoe coverage and last longer then just instant dmg. multi bolts explode off landing point like a ball lightening (the dmg'ing effect can go through things like walls/doors keep in mind).

I'd suggest using this as a reference list so you know when to go back and get your newest energy/lightning module.

http://www.techhaven.org/db/weapons/psi/apu

Doc Holliday
18-12-12, 03:01
Focus is like weapon lore for a regular gun user. It helps aiming and rate of fire etc. Push it ABOVE the minimum reqs for the spell if you are APU not just settle for minimum.

The halos are great spells to use when ever you can. Nice quick firing reasonable damage. Poison halos work very well. Energy beams/barrels etc are good but depending on what you are fighting you will want to change what spells you are casting as some work better than others in certain places. There will be other times when you want to be using fire/poison barrels.

Monk Intel is 100 so allows u to choose a secondary stat and get quite high with it while speccing psi use so you can choose a trade skill ie implant if you wish. psi use is what gives you the most psi pool for spell casting. I wouldnt bother speccing too much in ppw under your psi skills but a few points always helps. it is down to personal preference of having a huge pool or just reloading your belt more often.

Anlon
18-12-12, 03:28
ok awesome thanks a bunch this gives me alot to go one.

but whats the deal with the blessed spells they seem to have hardly any damage whats the deal?

William Antrim
18-12-12, 03:52
which ones specifically? I havent noticed a problem with them. Can you be a little more specific? Do you find the lower level spells to do more damage or what exactly do you mean?

Anlon
18-12-12, 06:16
http://www.techhaven.org/db/weapons/psi/apu 47 through 63 they do half the damage of lower tl spells

I pretty much have to go from 45 to 65 with no upgrade inbetween

Sorin
18-12-12, 08:21
They changed focus? It used to just be a flat requirement, like tech combat. They changed it to influence module stats?

Ascension
18-12-12, 09:14
Focus is like weapon lore for a regular gun user. It helps aiming and rate of fire etc. Push it ABOVE the minimum reqs for the spell if you are APU not just settle for minimum.

The halos are great spells to use when ever you can. Nice quick firing reasonable damage. Poison halos work very well. Energy beams/barrels etc are good but depending on what you are fighting you will want to change what spells you are casting as some work better than others in certain places. There will be other times when you want to be using fire/poison barrels.

Monk Intel is 100 so allows u to choose a secondary stat and get quite high with it while speccing psi use so you can choose a trade skill ie implant if you wish. psi use is what gives you the most psi pool for spell casting. I wouldnt bother speccing too much in ppw under your psi skills but a few points always helps. it is down to personal preference of having a huge pool or just reloading your belt more often.

Great tips here, If you're wanting to make the most of your modules, I suggest you spec little in PPW, as an APU you can die very easily, so better to hit max damage by speccing in APU as having a large psi pool when you're dead isn't so helpful.

Ascension
18-12-12, 09:16
They changed focus? It used to just be a flat requirement, like tech combat. They changed it to influence module stats?

Spells now require line of sight and also have a recticle.

Sorin
18-12-12, 10:00
Spells now require line of sight and also have a recticle.

That much I was around for previously, but that FCS thing must have been after.

CMaster
18-12-12, 10:45
That much I was around for previously, but that FCS thing must have been after.

Nope. Ever since it was renamed focus in 2.2 (before that it was MST and no APU reticule) it's had an effect on damage, aiming, etc.

slith
18-12-12, 12:38
For the record, tech combat is not a flat requirement ^^

William Antrim
18-12-12, 14:25
For the record, tech combat is not a flat requirement ^^

It was when Sorin last played. The same as Mental Steadiness (MST) was. They used to be a points sink.

Anlon if this has happened since the patch then great work for bringing it up. I personally had already levelled into the holy stuff when this patch hit so I wouldnt know but its good that you have taken the time to come here and report it!

Anlon
18-12-12, 16:52
well thanks guys for all the information. I appreciate it!