PDA

View Full Version : Vista, Client.exe has stopped working??? help!

Nsomnia
17-12-12, 04:47
hey everyone, so im looking to get back into neo but im having issues with loading on vista. i have two systems both getting this issue, as soon as i click play neocron it opens the patch screen then crashes. ive tried everything, ran as admin, moved to another drive besides c drive, turned off firewall and ran in xp mode updated drivers and just did a fresh vista install but still nothing, im almost ready to give up after a day of configuring, any suggestions

alypaa
08-01-13, 03:43
I have the exact same problem. Can seem to get it to work on Vista. I've tried the same stuff as Nsomnia.

Did a clean Vista install, clean driver update, ran neocron as admin, reinstalled it like 10 times. Nothing seems to work.

nEo-1664
08-01-13, 12:10
hey everyone, so im looking to get back into neo but im having issues with loading on vista. i have two systems both getting this issue, as soon as i click play neocron it opens the patch screen then crashes. ive tried everything, ran as admin, moved to another drive besides c drive, turned off firewall and ran in xp mode updated drivers and just did a fresh vista install but still nothing, im almost ready to give up after a day of configuring, any suggestions

I have the exact same problem. Can seem to get it to work on Vista. I've tried the same stuff as Nsomnia.

Did a clean Vista install, clean driver update, ran neocron as admin, reinstalled it like 10 times. Nothing seems to work.

Have you both tried making sure you have the most up to date DirectX and MS C++ Redistributables ?

Post 6 in this thread: http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?146737-FAQ-NEOCRON-does-not-do-what-you-want-it-to-do-Please-read-here-first!

Netphreak
09-01-13, 00:18
Tbh, the NC client has been a bit more flakey after the last patch for me.
Crashing more and synch's seem to be taking longer too.

Doc Holliday
09-01-13, 08:59
try searching the forum as i believe there were threads that explained how to get nc and vista working with some troubleshooting guides.

Netphreak
09-01-13, 20:42
My advice is, install the two distributables as mentioned in one of the threads above.
Install Neocron somewhere like C:\neocron2 run but the nclauncher.exe and client.exe as Administrator and in Windows XP SP2 compatability mode.

Also I recommend setting it to use a specified local port. Seems to help sync issues (except after the last patch for me but that could be just my computer).