PDA

View Full Version : Grade A bullshit exploiting.

Legato
13-12-12, 05:51
See screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/3G7Ks.jpg
He even admits to it: http://i.imgur.com/MFWoK.jpg

Barter X and Me Little Booboo(name cut off) are going around in a rhino at CRP and standing over the corpses of anything that drops tech parts. They're preventing the people who actually killed the damn thing from looting it. Once the timer expires for ownership they loot the tech parts and drive off.

This is just downright bullshit. Can something to be done to prevent bullshit like this?

If not, say the word. I'll use my own tactics later.

Roc-a-fella
13-12-12, 07:16
"clever use of game mechanics" :D

Chuck Norris
13-12-12, 07:29
Fair play, id start figuring out how to use LE to your advantage in other ways ;)

Least they arent pwning you with dmg hacks or null sources of dmg

Legato
13-12-12, 07:32
Fair play, id start figuring out how to use LE to your advantage in other ways ;)

Least they arent pwning you with dmg hacks or null sources of dmg

Uhh. LE'd driver. Did you even look at the screenshot?

Legato
13-12-12, 07:33
"clever use of game mechanics" :D

I'm sure that you could easily steal constructor parts and wrecked weapons/spells, too. Doesn't make it "cool" or right. This is more of an exploit than the examples I listed, though. It's an LE'd driver and there's actually NOTHING you can do about it.

Stop defending trash like this.

hatmankh
13-12-12, 08:50
There actually is something you can do, hop into a rhino or other vehicle with a gun and shoot their rhino.

Fight fire with fire so to speak. I'm not suggesting you do it as it is technically an exploit although I've yet to hear of anyone being punished for doing it, I even saw people openly admitting to it in local chat at Plaza 1.

Roc-a-fella
13-12-12, 09:05
I'm sure that you could easily steal constructor parts and wrecked weapons/spells, too. Doesn't make it "cool" or right. This is more of an exploit than the examples I listed, though. It's an LE'd driver and there's actually NOTHING you can do about it.

Stop defending trash like this.

wasnt defending/supporting the idea of using the LE to do stuff like this...but what i quoted is what a GM will say why they wont ban a player like that... lol

Forget My Name
13-12-12, 09:47
Just hop in your own Rhino (any combat vehicle actually) and blow them up, irregardless if they have an LE in or not.

Fight fire with fire.

Dribble Joy
13-12-12, 10:22
Maybe they could set it that corpses are pushed/displaced by vehicles (so long as they 'snap' back to the original positions so not to be abusable) or placed as close to their point of death as possible without ignoring vehicles.

yavimaya
13-12-12, 11:48
Maybe they could set it that corpses are pushed/displaced by vehicles (so long as they 'snap' back to the original positions so not to be abusable) or placed as close to their point of death as possible without ignoring vehicles.

Thats such a dodgy fix man.

kane
13-12-12, 13:47
There is some reason I'm not playing much right now :( I'm waiting on Titan 2.0 wipe when most of these are fixed and cleaver game mechanics become a banable offence.

phunqe
13-12-12, 13:59
Yeah a wipe most certainly won't happen so you'd have to decide now how you want to proceed.
Duping seems to lead to insta ban now, so that is fine by me. As for general exploiting I don't give much of a shit about it at the moment. If you have the need to constantly exploit you fail by default, so have fun with it. It's probably the most you will be able to muster anyway.
We're having a blast leveling up and rebuilding our clan and I am confident that the exploits will be fixed eventually.

Powerpunsh
13-12-12, 14:11
This is griefplaying and in the first days of Titan i had the same issue with a LE-Rhino. Just fraps it or make multipli screenshots (in a row to show the material witness) and send them to exploits@neocron.info. Problem should be solved. :)

Btw: If you can head over to the rhino (depends on mobs fireing on you and stuff) - third person -> externaldistance 200 -> turn your back to the rhino -> look in the air -> rightclick -> Problem solved. :)

William Antrim
13-12-12, 14:25
Or alternatively the most simple thing you could do is just change zones and hunt somewhere else. As your picture without the accompanying chat (and he only says he did it once) is a pretty weak accusation. Just saying. As for the picture alone it just looks like someone parked on top of a rhino to loot it. I do this all the time when Im rhinoing and collecting my kills because I do not want to get my poor spy out of his rhino and risk getting toasted.

Watson
13-12-12, 16:03
I'm quite uncomfortable with this thread, as the forum is not a support channel. There's a proper route for this kind of reporting, and I note a ticket has been raised and dealt with.

I would also reiterate the sterling advice above: please report all suspicions of exploiting to exploits@neocron.info, with all the evidence you can gather, rather than carry out a discussion on the forum.

Thanks,

Closed.