PDA

View Full Version : [00201][CLOSED][CAN'T REPRODUCE][R#176] Random Freezing and White/Black screens.

Dumdies
09-12-12, 17:21
Hello i am having problems with Neocron, it freezes randomly and wont let me close via task manager. I have to sign out and into my computer again, also sometimes i get white/black screens after this. I not sure if it is neocron or my computer might be too powerful for the game. Never had this problem before though so i don't see why. I have done everything i can to fix this, changing the compatibility, running as admin, checking the updater.ini file if anything is different also i have read lots of forum posts and still cannot figure out whats wrong.

Dumdies
09-12-12, 23:20
Hello i have been having problems with Neocron 2, i have been freezing randomly or White/Black screening followed by freezing. I have to sign out and in to my computer to restart everything. I never had problems before. I been reading many forums looking for a answer and found nothing i was wondering if anyone has ideas. I am using Windows 8 but using the compatibility for windows xp service pack 3. I have the latest Directx updates and the other thing that was needed for starting game. I really dont have a clue what else to do :(

Thanks

Bruder Malmsdoo
10-12-12, 05:04
Tried alt-e as a workaround? I hope the next patch wil solve that.

Dumdies
10-12-12, 07:08
Yes i do alt+e but still freezes, in result to this i died 3 times in regants boss room so in affect making playing the game nearly impossible i cant level up anywhere without freezing.

Bifrost
11-12-12, 00:44
Dumdies - can you let us know as much hardware information about your system as possible please?

Dumdies
11-12-12, 10:25
I am running windows 8, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD Harddrive, AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series, Intel Core I3-3220 Series CPU @ 3.3ghz. Direct X11 and all driver are up to date after several scans from the AMD Driver Update and Intel Update Driver Utility.

Yelly
11-12-12, 10:38
Have you also downloaded full package of dx 9 ?
If not please do so and see if it helps

Curvedblade
12-12-12, 15:46
I've had this happen a couple times too, as well as another friend

Bifrost
12-12-12, 16:06
Threads merged - Curvedblade can you give details of your system please.

Bruder Malmsdoo
12-12-12, 16:33
I am affected too. Here my specs:

Debian Stable (Wine, last release), AMD 3200, 768 Mb Ram, GeForce 210, Driver-Version: 195.36.31

Curvedblade
12-12-12, 16:39
I am on Windows 8 as well, Phenom II X4 3.0GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX560 Ti, 120GB Corsair Force Series SSD, with recommended DirectX update. Only common denominator I see is Dumdies and I are both on Windows 8 and using SSD's. I don't know my buddy's specs off the top of my head but I know for sure he is using Windows 7 64bit and a regular HDD and he also had the same issue. I wouldn't say it happens a lot for me, I think in the past week it has happened 3 times.

Dumdies
17-12-12, 13:59
I downloaded everything that was needed and still happens, which means atm i cant level properly. Kinda glad other people are getting this issue aswell thought it was just me. :D and the issue can happen to me up to 30 times a day depending how fed up i get with it.