PDA

View Full Version : Forum on new domain?

Ascension
09-12-12, 01:51
Just curious, is the forum on a new server/domain?

kane
09-12-12, 02:00
Updated Date: 08-dec-2012
Creation Date: 02-dec-2012
Expiration Date: 02-dec-2013

The big question is why is this community type dev team not actually telling us ahead of time why the new domain and such? What is actually happening? Sounds like their being given the forums now but not the actual domain. Maybe their taking off the hands to reduce costs?

Ugh communication is something all devs lack free or paid :P

Forget My Name
09-12-12, 02:21
The big question is why is this community type dev team not actually telling us ahead of time why the new domain and such? What is actually happening? Sounds like their being given the forums now but not the actual domain. Maybe their taking off the hands to reduce costs?

Ugh communication is something all devs lack free or paid :P

How about, who cares? Why are you so offended over, essentially, nothing?

You are seriously giving the Developers shit over this?

kane
09-12-12, 02:26
How about, who cares? Why are you so offended over, essentially, nothing?

You are seriously giving the Developers shit over this?
[ edited ]

And if you want a real answer, then I enjoy more about the background and whats happening in the background and how things are done and etc then actually playing video games. I always have and always will. Is there an issue for someone wishing that more developers in any and all games in the world communicated just a bit better?

Also don't you have posts to make like trying make the game a PVE only game lol.

William Antrim
09-12-12, 02:38
It's not a crime to be nosey. It's curiosity that's all. I think most of us wouldn't be too bothered as we don't really understand the implications or benefits of such a move but I have to admit I lolled at kanes reply! :)

Izeo
09-12-12, 02:43
[ edited ]

And if you want a real answer, then I enjoy more about the background and whats happening in the background and how things are done and etc then actually playing video games. I always have and always will. Is there an issue for someone wishing that more developers in any and all games in the world communicated just a bit better?

Also don't you have posts to make like trying make the game a PVE only game lol.
I think what he meant was it was such a random complaint, which may not even be hold any weight, so it was kind of..confusing.

"Does this store use new potpourri?" "What's more important is why wouldn't they tell us customers about this apparent new potpourri??"

kane
09-12-12, 03:15
I think what he meant was it was such a random complaint, which may not even be hold any weight, so it was kind of..confusing.

"Does this store use new potpourri?" "What's more important is why wouldn't they tell us customers about this apparent new potpourri??"

Actually since I have serve allergic reactions to things like potpourri... I would probably highly consider asking! Also you don't seem educated in the subject at all so you might not care at all.

For some this might be a big turn.

1) New Domain, this could mean that they now 100% control the forums and content and they own it.
2) They might be splitting off the NC2 community because maybe just maybe something in the future might be happening with the current Neocron site.

For some might be nothing at all ohh the site changed new hardware make them faster wee. Some of us on the other hand more interested in hmm new domain what was the reasoning for it :P

So your example was really pathetic. And you may join Forget My Name PVE only clan if they ever add LE clans to the game :)

Izeo
09-12-12, 03:50
Kane, just stahp.

kane
09-12-12, 03:57
Kane, just stahp.
Awww, Poor baby, Is there some kind of new rules on the forums only one side can be an ass and the other side has to take it lol?

Mokoi
09-12-12, 06:20
We are indeed shifting around infrastructure again (it has become quite the thing, lately).
There has not been a formal announcement as of yet, because - apart from having to renew your cookie, nothing should really change on your side.

We started the massive task of reinstating a proper infrastructure for Neocron back in April/May this year, spent a lot of time salvaging old, long abandoned components and rebuilding them where it just was not possible or too much of a pain to recover or regain access to the old systems (outgame support ticketing or account management for example - little had I known how much of a wreck this place was, I'd probably have said "this is crazy" and left again :p).
We have come a long way by now – but there are still short-term band-aids from the various phases of recovery that need to be replaced with more permanent solutions.

The front facing web services (forum, launcher, portal) are such a case and what you note here is them being migrated to a long term setup.
The transition of the domain is merely a matter of staying as flexible and agile as we need to be at this time with the multitude of services and machines we have spread around the grid. It does not denote any change beyond this.

The portal (official website) is currently being migrated to a more flexible and secure content management framework.
A temporary microsite will be made available (soon™).

kane
09-12-12, 18:27
Sounds sweet, Thanks for the information :)

Zoltan
09-12-12, 20:09
1) New Domain, this could mean that they now 100% control the forums and content and they own it.

We already own and managing this for a long time :)

2) They might be splitting off the NC2 community because maybe just maybe something in the future might be happening with the current Neocron site.

NEVER! :) As Mokoi said, the new domain is a part of a new more flexible infrastructure. There are much more server power behind the new infrastructure. I believe you have already noticed the smooth rendering of the forum :)

Z