PDA

View Full Version : [00735][R#176] A few errors/storyline stuff of the tutorial

Izeo
08-12-12, 22:16
- The female voice in the tutorial says something like, "we couldn't get your equipment through security so you will have to scavenge whatever you can", but you still start with your starter gear, including your starter weapons. It may be better to a new player to literally have the player start with nothing in the tutorial, so they are forced to learn about construction and picking up items and stuff.

- Also, this presumably takes place before you are taken to MC5, so, you haven't yet been brainwashed at MC5 and had the LE installed in you, but since the LE is included in your starter gear, you also already have an LE in the tutorial, which is strange. : )

- The construction system seems to use the old system of weapon parts, which maybe could be updated.

William Antrim
08-12-12, 22:21
I've never played it and now you're making me want to!!!

Forget My Name
08-12-12, 23:09
I have never played the tutorial. Ever. It does sound interesting lol.

Izeo
08-12-12, 23:43
I have never played the tutorial. Ever. It does sound interesting lol.
It's not bad. Very decoration-heavy.

One thing I will say though, is that it seems that a TON of care was taken into adding those decorations. I.e. a pile of spilled over barrels looks really nice when they are all rotated in different directions and 'leaning' on each other - you don't really see that at much AT ALL in the game itself. Yeah there are boxes and barrels everywhere, but usually they are pretty "rigid" vertical stacks, or even are overlapping or have gaps inbetween. Little stuff like this is fun to design.

http://i.imgur.com/Hym21.jpg