PDA

View Full Version : Equalize Fire Effect to Both Perspectives

Deus Ex Machina
08-12-12, 05:45
At the moment, if you are in 1st Person Perspective, your screen is quite a flame if you burn.
When you are in 3rd Person Perspective, your body burns, but your screen is not obstructed.

While I like that you get a visual identifier for being aflame, I think it shouldn't "favor" a perspective, either it should be reduced in 1st person perspective, or added in 3rd person perspective (or both)

hatmankh
08-12-12, 06:22
Because of this effect, I find myself switching to 3rd person if I wasn't already in 3rd person whenever I'm set on fire, I know its not high priority but it'd be great if the effect could be changed in first person so it doesn't obscure your vision so much.

William Antrim
08-12-12, 12:46
I find it to be very difficult to concentrate when on fire. I would rather it wad just an icon in first person instead of the flames. Or maybe a flame border on my screen.

Ascension
08-12-12, 13:33
I agree with this, as an APU you can not accurately barrel accurately in 3rd person, without barrelling yourself. An example of this is in Regents boss room, you need to barrel in here, but as soon as the nightmare fires off his AoE, you cannot see in 1st person, yet barreling in 3rd person is risky.

Netphreak
08-12-12, 16:28
I find it to be very difficult to concentrate when on fire. I would rather it wad just an icon in first person instead of the flames. Or maybe a flame border on my screen.
I think having the burning just round the edges/border of the screen in first person as you suggested would be the best idea, as it still gives you that 'oh, crap I'm on fire' feeling.

Izeo
13-12-12, 03:05
I think having the burning just round the edges/border of the screen in first person as you suggested would be the best idea, as it still gives you that 'oh, crap I'm on fire' feeling.
I've always wanted this too. It wouldn't even have to be a new fire graphic specifically made for the screen border, it could use the existing fire gfx, on 3 or so quads, rendered on your screen like so (awesome ms paint art)

http://i.imgur.com/PRDDH.png

would be a great improvement but I'm not sure how difficult that would be to implement

onero S
12-03-13, 09:20
Anything would be better than the current situation in first person. Honestly, I'm all for a audible identifier and a buff in first person, flames on your body shouldn't light your eyeballs on fire.

Lucas Kell
12-03-13, 13:42
I've always wanted this too. It wouldn't even have to be a new fire graphic specifically made for the screen border, it could use the existing fire gfx, on 3 or so quads, rendered on your screen like so (awesome ms paint art)

http://i.imgur.com/PRDDH.png

would be a great improvement but I'm not sure how difficult that would be to implement
I want this. Not the existing fire. I want your screen to turn to this when you are on fire!

Gunshifty
12-03-13, 17:02
I want this. Not the existing fire. I want your screen to turn to this when you are on fire!

I second this.

Faid
12-03-13, 18:32
Do this for poison as well, Izeo's graphic :)

Skasi
24-04-13, 18:19
Right! Please please please fix that annoying fire effect. Personally I think it's the most severe of all issues with NC2 and should take priority above anything else. I'm not even kidding.

Jest
24-04-13, 19:06
5 stars. I feel like my eyes are being raped every time I go to Reagent's with my APU.

flib
24-04-13, 20:32
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/3/36178/1188471-second_scruffy_2.jpg