PDA

View Full Version : Best fire mob hunting vehicle?

Forget My Name
04-12-12, 20:53
I dual log a Rhino sometimes to hunt fire mobs, but I am tired of doing that. I also drive around my quad, get out and shoot mobs, and I am a bit tired of that too.

I am looking for what is considered the best single seater offensive vehicle for hunting mobs, specifically fire mobs.

Any suggestions?

Dribble Joy
04-12-12, 20:54
Terminator?

From what I remember the trike does good dmg.

Forget My Name
04-12-12, 21:11
I'll give those a try :) I am not familiar with combat vehicles in the game.

Thank you!

William Antrim
04-12-12, 21:35
Bear in mind you can get hit back though. At least in a rhino youre "safe".

Forget My Name
04-12-12, 22:07
Oh yeah, I figured as much, thank you!

I don't mind getting hit too much... I AM just bored of teh firing animation and sound of the Rhino and my STORM cannon to be honest.

I was gunning some vehicle like the Revveler yesterday and it fired high energy shots. I loved using that gun! The sound and feel of the shots was pretty fun! But it was a 2 seater...

CMaster
04-12-12, 22:45
There's the DoY variant of the hh4x4, which has an ion cannon on the back. thought it was still a 3 seater though.

The Heavy Assault Scorpion is the best single-person combat vehicle 9 the termi quad is actually slightly weaker. However, all vehicles are underpowered at the moment, especially given their cost.

I wrote a bit about all the vehicles on the THN, of course http://www.techhaven.org/resources/vehicle-guides/ - it used to say more about the combat uses for all of them, but honestly, come 2.2 said combat uses are kinda limited.

Forget My Name
05-12-12, 22:56
Heavy Assault Scorpion is pretty decent. It misses too much, though. This is my single seater vehicle of choice at the moment.

The Terminator Assault Quad is just pure shit. Avoid that pile of garbage at all costs.

CMaster
05-12-12, 23:13
Heavy Assault Scorpion is pretty decent. It misses too much, though. This is my single seater vehicle of choice at the moment.

The Terminator Assault Quad is just pure shit. Avoid that pile of garbage at all costs.

Termi quad isn't bad for it's requirements - I was able to use it on Terra to have my tank taking down Cloppies a few levels earlier than I would have otherwise. But it's no high-level vehicles, that's for sure.

There's no link or screenshot after your "this" though - wondering what you are enjoying?

Forget My Name
05-12-12, 23:32
To get the Assault Quad, you have to fight, at least, 9 80/80 mobs, plus enter a sector filled with Replicants and Hoverbots. As far as I am concerned, the Assault Quad is a near capped level ranked vehicle, and it is too weak for capped characters. Plus it took me about 3 hours to get.

I just pay for the Assault Scorpion.

As far as effort needed to get the vehicle, the Ass Quad should be way more powerful than the Ass Scorpion.

The Ass Scorpion is my vehicle of choice at the moment.

Riddle
06-12-12, 15:30
DOY Bomber FTW :D

William Antrim
06-12-12, 15:48
DOY Bomber FTW :D

tbh id fuckin love it if these worked for farming mobs. IF they could implement a button to make you take off on the Y axis (straight up) that would be great.

Brammers
06-12-12, 15:57
tbh id fuckin love it if these worked for farming mobs. IF they could implement a button to make you take off on the Y axis (straight up) that would be great.

Best bet is to use whatever you autorun key is bound to for takeoff and flying. Then all you have to worry about is flying it with your mouse.

William Antrim
06-12-12, 16:03
Or use right click and point like wow does?

sorry for another wow reference but the interface really does work!

Forget My Name
06-12-12, 19:38
I was so dissapointed by flyers in this game.

Gliders have terrible landing mechanics. I stopped using them after crashing into invisible walls.

Hoverbots don't even hover. They are the most unwieldy vehicles in the game. They only fly in 45 degree angles. You fly forward, you start to nose dive back to earth. So terrible.

Worst part is zone crashing. Something that should have been fixed 10 years ago has completely ruined flying for me. I hate crashing while in the air. When I log back in, its a crap shoot as to what happens next.

I really wanted to hunt fire mobs with flyers, but that isn't possible with the current flyer mechanics and physics.