PDA

View Full Version : Fast track PvP

Jodo
03-12-12, 02:26
Recently (and not so recently) a few threads have diverted to the subject of PvP'rs wanting to level faster to get to "their endgame". Some people want mobs that are easy to kill with high xp reward and others (like myself) don't.
In one of these threads I suggested going back to giving a greater rate of xp once the LE is removed but I was thinking it could go a step further. Way back in NC1 you had to kill another player as part of your epic, I don't want to bring that back but I think PvP missions with high xp gain could be given from the faction HQ.
I'm thinking these missions would start at level 10, maybe 15 and you would be assigned to kill Enemy and Neutral runners. Possibly even failing the "PvP Epic" if you kill any friendlies before all missions are completed (this is a special reward from your faction after all). Like the old style epic, the targets would have to be of equal or higher level. Perhaps 20 - 30 enemy and neutral runners from various factions would have to be killed throughout the missions, maybe more.
Once completed the runner will have achieved a certain level (50, 55, 60?) and is rewarded further with a luxury apartment that can not be sourced anywhere else and can not be traded (this extra reward will obviously have no effect on PvP or PvE but will be a status symbol. In this apartment would be a display case with xx number of dog tags on show symbolising all the runners you have killed. It would be awesome if each dog tag displayed the name and rank of each runner but that might be tricky.

Thoughts please. This just popped into my head before heading off to bed so try not to be too harsh on me if this idea sucks balls.
Although as I was typing all this out I strongly entertained the idea of popping my LE if this was implemented.

kane
03-12-12, 03:31
Yeah also bring back all the other massive glitches so we can sit inside our clan apts and macro all night long off each other!

See not to harsh ;)

Doc Holliday
03-12-12, 06:07
Its reliant on people taking the LE out in the first place. No point trying to get your kills when u zone in to a zone and 30 other runners are there grinding and your the only one with a yellow name. It happens alot to me because i play outside of peak hours. first thing to adjust would be what the le does. If it has benefits by not wearing it then people wont wear it. Or if its detrimental to something the same reason. The old ways were good because you lost cash and had higher reqs on guns with an LE. most people took it out.

The times have changed and this community as it is now isnt the same as it was in the sense that most people now keep the LE in until WOC. Its not as hardcore as it used to be in some ways. Flame away if anyone disagrees but it is true. If it wasnt we wouldnt be having so many "LE" threads proposing changes ;)

People dont even yell "Put your fucking LE back in noob" because most of em already have it in. :)

Torg
03-12-12, 06:42
the LE is just one way to make sure theres different styles of playing available. if someone wants to play cooperative and non-competitive, fine.

Forget My Name
03-12-12, 07:52
Oh... a Neocron is PvP thread.... Now only if we had experienced this...

Neptune.

No.

kane
03-12-12, 08:20
Oh... a Neocron is PvP thread.... Now only if we had experienced this...

Neptune.

No.

Your sig explains it all very clearly.

Torg
03-12-12, 12:10
the main reason to pull the LE, besides PvP, is having 4 instead of 3 free brain implant slot.

Jodo
03-12-12, 12:49
Now that I'm awake I can see several flaws in my idea as well as those mentioned above. Ah well. I still think removing the LE should provide a significant xp boost.

Close thread I suppose.

William Antrim
03-12-12, 14:09
Having anything dependant on other players dying can be abused. People could pay one another to die and cap out their chars for example. I'd rather just have a higher xp gain with le out tbh.

Netphreak
03-12-12, 14:31
Having anything dependant on other players dying can be abused. People could pay one another to die and cap out their chars for example. I'd rather just have a higher xp gain with le out tbh.

Yup, I agree. How much would be the difficult bit, especially as we don't want to hurt people leveling dedicated trade skillers in the process.

kane
03-12-12, 14:44
I saw 10% boost by another member. Why not 100%? I mean your at the risk of getting ganked at anytime and anywhere.. But you are getting a pretty kick ass boost for it.. That seems pretty fair I know people will say its not but that's the people not willing to take the risk and rather get upset by it. The whole point is to try to encourage you to take it hehe.

BlueRobot
04-12-12, 21:51
The devs should do this.

If you use the LE for the coop gameplay(which 99% oth the LE users don't), you shouldn't be too worried about others getting cap faster. (Since you can't really team with non LEers anyway)

Faid
04-12-12, 22:18
What the shit is with all these LE threads lately lol

If we must discuss this then I suggest giving a 5% xp boost to unLE'd runners but make it so the LE is implantable at any level. This way if people want to risk the faster XP they can still put the LE back in if theyre constantly being griefed or just dont want to participate in PVP as a tradeskiller.

Forget My Name
04-12-12, 22:57
I could be behind the idea that if non LE users get an EXP boost, players would be able to put the LE back in at anytime they choose.

This seems like a decent compromise for both parties. You want extra exp? Take the LE out. Getting ganked while leveling and the extra exp isn't worth it for you? Put the LE back in.

What would be the possible, reasonable, negatives from doing this?

Disturbed21
04-12-12, 23:23
I could be behind the idea that if non LE users get an EXP boost, players would be able to put the LE back in at anytime they choose.

This seems like a decent compromise for both parties. You want extra exp? Take the LE out. Getting ganked while leveling and the extra exp isn't worth it for you? Put the LE back in.

What would be the possible, reasonable, negatives from doing this?

I actually think it's one of the most reasonable and easier to implement compromises brought up recently. Add a positive SL requirement so -SL runners cannot turn PVP off while running aggie missions. There's always the possibility of abuse, so might need to be thought through a little more...but I like it

Dribble Joy
04-12-12, 23:52
As mentioned, any PvP kill mission is horribly open to unenforceable abuse.

Extra xp for non-LEed runners or less for LEed runners (like back in the day) I might agree with, and I do like the option to re-implant beyond the current level restriction if that were in place.

William Antrim
05-12-12, 00:17
As I have maintained all the way through. XP Gain is the only real way to do it. I guess reimplanting the LE might work up to a point. But I think if you go past level 50 with it out (instead of 30) then you should not be able to put it back in.

Faid
05-12-12, 00:24
The whole point of re-implanting the LE at any level is to avoid the potential abuse that comes along with no LE. Also a lot of tradeskillers level non-tradeskill in order to not take forever, there's not much value for a tradeskiller to be un-LE'd (especially researchers).

William Antrim
05-12-12, 00:29
Level 3 buffs are good. I have removed the LE from one of my tradeskillers and am about to do the same with the second when I get a chip to replace it with. With a buff and a drug thats 20 more research in the comfort of my own home. I have levelled all of my tradeskillers (on Uranus/Titan/Terra) as tradeskillers. The only other thing I used was a Rhino. I just do missions in the hq during the down time or when I feel like relaxing and listening to music and playing.

There are plenty of places to go to chill out even without an le in.

Faid
05-12-12, 01:50
You can also receive lvl3 buffs from an LE'd ppu, and there's no 4th research head chip so its not really advantageous to remove the LE. But I suppose we should leave it up to the players to edcide for themselves.

William Antrim
05-12-12, 09:18
Don't get me wrong I'd be well up for a new research chip line.