PDA

View Full Version : [00704][R#176]Damage numbers and flashing numbers on construction bar

hatmankh
02-12-12, 14:39
Damage numbers aren't showing when attacking things at long ranges but the health bar does go down so they are taking damage.

Numbers are appearing on the construction progress bar you get when researching, recycling or constructing.

William Antrim
02-12-12, 19:43
Its not just at range that this happens. I found it happening within Energy Barrel range on my apu in the chaos caves today. I could see health dropping at times but not see numbers and damage. I also found that I got the cast emotes on some barrels but no animation even though I heard the fizzing sound to let me know it was a successful cast. Then usually after the next barrel 2 animations would appear at once!

Mr. Kassad
02-12-12, 19:55
I think this is not an typical R#176 bug. I had these missing numbers in R#174, too. It could be my imagination but I think it has something to do with objects and (invisible) walls blocking the line of sight. I know that sounds stupid because you can see DMG-Numbers through walls but this bug happens especially with enemies that stand right around the corner or exactly at the corner (like cave at CRP) and when there are some trees between me and the mob (wastelands).

I confirmed too, that I do damage but the numbers are missing.

A wild guess would be that the number of (invisible) walls/objects in line of sight are the relevant factor here.