PDA

View Full Version : Help required

Xiphias
01-12-12, 12:53
Basically,

I had an issue where my virus checker would not allow NC to alter the DXdiag. I have turned off the virus check, ran the file integrity and reinstalled the file.

However, I can get to to the launcher window and when I click Play, it goes to the Black screen and hangs. I can't even get to the log in screen.

Any ideas?

thanks.

Torg
01-12-12, 13:01
maybe get another antivirus? im using avast free antivirus, no probs whatsoever.

Xiphias
01-12-12, 13:11
I don't think it's that. I disabled it whilst I was trying to get Neocron working again.

Riddle
01-12-12, 13:56
Firewall? I know my firewall treats NC as new once patched and I have to grant it rights again...maybe?

Trivaldi
01-12-12, 14:18
Do you have all the usual tricks applied to get Neocron running on a modern version of Windows? Admin rights, compatibility mode, outside of Program Files folder etc, some of those may need to be reset with the updated client.exe.

Xiphias
01-12-12, 14:25
I'm currently Win8 and I'm using all the above tricks. I will try again however.

It appears my virus checker is pissing about as it keeps deleting scripts\dialogscript.dll.

does that mean anything to anyone?

Beckard
01-12-12, 15:31
I highly doubt it is the antivirus but if it is you should find something in its logs
Did try running windowed mode? and how about 640*480 @60Hz?

Dropout
01-12-12, 15:50
I'm currently Win8 and I'm using all the above tricks. I will try again however.

It appears my virus checker is pissing about as it keeps deleting scripts\dialogscript.dll.

Aww and I was gonna come with some smart-ass comment, about getting Win8.. :p

Which anti virus are you using? And why not just use the one Integrated into Win8?

Xiphias
01-12-12, 16:41
I highly doubt it is the antivirus but if it is you should find something in its logs
Did try running windowed mode? and how about 640*480 @60Hz?

tried this, doesn't work. Still hangs on a black screen of death.

Beckard
01-12-12, 22:34

wups, I seem to have missed your post about this script thing. How about putting your Neocron folder in the antivirus exception list. or you could try disabling on access scanning or perhaps just turn off heuristics scanning.

yavimaya
03-12-12, 03:32

My trial norton did the same thing, just made and exception in norton then got filecheck to re-DL the .dll