PDA

View Full Version : Add a English/German Default Enabled Custom Channel, Also a config save option.

kane
30-11-12, 22:38
I think if our goal is to make Neocron big again we need to also clear up some world spam. Right now global chat is help. The GMs, Devs, and Players use this and its fine. But I think since people do speak German or English and a few both languages but most the time the German chat speaks to the German chat and the English to the English. I think it be great to create 2 global chat channels to split that up.

For me I can't speak German and I'm like one them puppies. I see the chat scroll and I'm like opened eyed, tail wagging, all excited and then I read it and then its like awwww, Sad sad puppy can't understand the chat!

Also, I think you should consider adding a config option that saves the last used channel. This way when we crash, relog, etc we don't have to always go back to custom and set the channel back.

Just my 2 cents anyways :)

Yelly
30-11-12, 22:42
+1
I like the idea.
Would be alot cleaner channels.

William Antrim
30-11-12, 23:11
Feels like segregation to me. Not sure its needed. Besides I try to learn a little German while I play so having it the way it is currently suits me fine.

Ascension
30-11-12, 23:27
I think this idea is good, its not exactly segregation, as I can't understand german anyway as is the same with a lot of people.

kane
30-11-12, 23:59
Plus you can enable both channels. You don't have to turn it off and as I said by default both would be enabled and be treated as equals :)

Torg
01-12-12, 01:56
no kane, i'm not with you here. i wouldnt mind language ooc channels but the language mix in both trade and help chat is one of the more exciting parts of nc right now. bonus: we all get to learn a little something.

kane
01-12-12, 02:05
no kane, i'm not with you here. i wouldnt mind language ooc channels but the language mix in both trade and help chat is one of the more exciting parts of nc right now. bonus: we all get to learn a little something.

But but but... Torg....

Chuck Norris
01-12-12, 02:46
would be nice to get all the douche out of chat err deutsch, didnt they have there own "special" server where they could all shizzer me timbers each-other. then they all came to Terra D; trolLO

Faid
01-12-12, 03:05
There are a ton of unused world chat channels already available, mebbe try to designate one of them as primarily English or Primarily German and shift people to use it through word of mouth. Although this seems to be wishful thinking with the current asshole, douche-bag community of NC :p <3

*the :p means I'm joking incase anyone feels the urge to rage

kane
01-12-12, 03:13
There are a ton of unused world chat channels already available, mebbe try to designate one of them as primarily English or Primarily German and shift people to use it through word of mouth. Although this seems to be wishful thinking with the current asshole, douche-bag community of NC :p <3

*the :p means I'm joking incase anyone feels the urge to rage

Well the thing for the devs to add 2 new channels or change 2 old ones is actually pretty simple. Its one them things though would the community be mature enough to use English/German or will they spam help still instead?

slith
01-12-12, 11:16
Feels like segregation to me. Not sure its needed. Besides I try to learn a little German while I play so having it the way it is currently suits me fine.Amen.