PDA

View Full Version : [00703][R#175] Client crash

Praetorian
30-11-12, 22:06
I just experienced a new kind of client crash. Maybe its an old style FRE but with new popup due to new C++ update?

I was trading items (tech parts) between 2 of my characters when one of the clients died with the following error message:

Runtime Error!

Program: F:\spil\neocron2\client.exe

R6025
- Pure Virtual Function Call

Happened around 20.55 in Praetorians starter appartment. Client had only been running a minute or two upon crash.
Characters: Praetorian (client crash) and Green Researcher (did not crash, techs returned to inventory upon other clients crash)

kane
30-11-12, 22:21
I assume you were unable to repeat the process? One of the downsides with C++ Error reporting at times there is not enough information. A crash like this without being able to repeat it is a bit annoying to track down :(

Praetorian
30-11-12, 22:40
I assume you were unable to repeat the process?

After relogging both chars i could indeed trade said items without another runtime error. The thing is this is the first time ive had this happen literally a minute or so after starting up the client. The game seems much more stable in general (i rarely have client crashes), so with the new patch in play and the fact i never crashed before while trading i thought it was worth reporting.

kane
30-11-12, 22:44
After relogging both chars i could indeed trade said items without another runtime error. The thing is this is the first time ive had this happen literally a minute or so after starting up the client. The game seems much more stable in general (i rarely have client crashes), so with the new patch in play and the fact i never crashed before while trading i thought it was worth reporting.

Oh yeah for sure, Always report if you can. Though when you do have a crash next time play around a bit see if you can find a method of repeating it though a lot of times we don't seem to be that lucky. Every little bit helps so you did the right thing :)