PDA

View Full Version : Client crash help

Riddle
30-11-12, 19:22
I have a dv7 HP laptop it has an nVidia GeForce 9600M card so should be fine with dx 9? Says 11 is current version anyways.

so since the patch I cannot login as the client immediatly crashes on the synch screen. I get servers. Characters and then on connect crashes every time!!

i was able to connect to test server when it was up and ran the client fine prior to patch.

i'm thinking its the dx thing, as client was fine up until patch, I think I was running in dx7 mind. How can I revert to dx 9 from dc 11 if possible as this is really the only game I ever play!!

i have deleted the usual files in NC directory already and same issue :(

Any help please :)

Mokoi
30-11-12, 19:30
1. delete or move old log files, so it is easier to spot new output triggered by this issue.
2. start the client and reproduce the issue
3. check logs for hints on why it crashes

Riddle
30-11-12, 19:38
Thanks for the fast response Mokoi, will check that and post back once I get the kids off to bed :)

CMaster
30-11-12, 21:51
Have you tried the deleting/resetting precached models thing? That's the most common cause with this one.

Also, installed version of Direct X doesn't necessarily mean that you support the features required for a certain version of it. For example, DX7 requires hardware transform and lighting, while DX9 requires Shader Model 1.1 support (I think). Which the 9600M more than covers, incidentally.

Riddle
30-11-12, 22:09
yes rebuilt the 3d cache models and that seems to have fixed it.

Also accidentally replied to wrong post!