PDA

View Full Version : CityAdmin to take control of Plaza 2 but lose a bit more control with PP.

kane
30-11-12, 02:02
I really think CityAdmin should withdraw some forces from PP and to reinforce Plaza 2 once again. I like the old ways tbh and I dislike all the mini ganking in the plaza's. Yeah I got my LL in and I'm a newbie right now but still think its just messy and I would hate to be a real newbie who knows nothing and trying to access a main secure part of the city.

Chuck Norris
30-11-12, 02:34
I really think CityAdmin should withdraw some forces from PP and to reinforce Plaza 2 once again. I like the old ways tbh and I dislike all the mini ganking in the plaza's. Yeah I got my LL in and I'm a newbie right now but still think its just messy and I would hate to be a real newbie who knows nothing and trying to access a main secure part of the city.

Can not have separate faction guards by each other, sounds good though. maybe they couls just change skins of copbots to give it a better feel

kane
30-11-12, 03:06
Can not have separate faction guards by each other, sounds good though. maybe they couls just change skins of copbots to give it a better feel

Opps, Sorry what other faction is in Plaza 2? I was thinking of removing some of the bots from peperpark 1 and bring them into Plaza 2. Meaning we open up peperpark once again to the pvp hub.

Izeo
30-11-12, 03:24
Opps, Sorry what other faction is in Plaza 2? I was thinking of removing some of the bots from peperpark 1 and bring them into Plaza 2. Meaning we open up peperpark once again to the pvp hub.
I agree. I think it's messy -- luring copbots into a pit, fighting right near copbots etc, doesn't make sense for the atmosphere/rp either

kane
30-11-12, 03:47
I agree. I think it's messy -- luring copbots into a pit, fighting right near copbots etc, doesn't make sense for the atmosphere/rp either

Yeah, That was actually what was bothering me the most. Right now their placed in the right spot. PVP Has pretty much died 100% now. But even that a lot of these guys can still sneak by and such. We need a higher presence and a wait to prevent them from exploiting them into that water pit.

But please don't do it in just a patch. For things like this maybe add a bit of lore/rp into it! I hate when some changes like this are done and over. I really enjoy reading and see a bit more lore or story added to it at least.

Torg
30-11-12, 10:47
i wouldnt mind returning to NC1 settings, i.e. making all of plaza, via rosso, TH center a safezone, so fights would take place in the more lawless areas.

kane
30-11-12, 11:18
i wouldnt mind returning to NC1 settings, i.e. making all of plaza, via rosso, TH center a safezone, so fights would take place in the more lawless areas.

Actually I was trying avoid sort of saying that but your pretty much bang on how I liked it. I mean it sounds a bit pussy and yes I'm going to use that term haha, But it was more enjoyable to have the main areas peaceful. There is no need to make 99% of the game pvp zone. The 95% in NC1 was more then enough.

People will always just find a way to exploit in and kill people. That is why weapon lock was amazing and plus the lawless could always still come into the sewers and such and that was fun!

I just feel that NC1 safe/fight zones were not just balanced but offered more opportunity to actually engage in fun conflict and almost in a tug of war situation. Bunch of TG go into the sewers and someone cries out in P1 and next you know you got a kick ass hunting party going down and bang a little war starts..

ugh Sorry for sounding a bit crazy I'm just excited about knowing there might be an opportunity to bring back some of the old days back into NC.

Ascension
30-11-12, 11:28
I totally agree, why are enemies of the city free to stand around and make idle gossip infront of copbots that are there to protect the city?

Apshai
30-11-12, 12:11

what u said + remove copbots from pepper park gonna make the p3/pp1 sync to a warzone. just the way it used to be. i do like the idea.

what about the subway ? how would you guys handle it ? i would love to fight in the subway.

thc i cant remember if it was a safezone in nc 1. it was in nc2 at some point. but i remember fighting in th and that was pretty cool.

kane
30-11-12, 12:16
what u said + remove copbots from pepper park gonna make the p3/pp1 sync to a warzone. just the way it used to be. i do like the idea.

what about the subway ? how would you guys handle it ? i would love to fight in the subway.

thc i cant remember if it was a safezone in nc 1. it was in nc2 at some point. but i remember fighting in th and that was pretty cool.

TBH, I sort of forgot about the subway in the game haha. TBH we gotta consider making the game a bit safer for newbies. That saying I doubt many would use the subway anyways since most of what they need is pretty close.

I think NC1 offered a better new player experience and let alone a better pvp experience for the vets.

I do ask you guys for one thing. Consider brand new players to not only MMORPG's but to say this level of PVP. We gotta think about the children ;)

William Antrim
30-11-12, 12:29
Subways would need to be safe. The zoneline huggers need somewhere to get their kicks.

I would also like to see Outzone Station Traders reimplemented. I have no idea why they got removed.

kane
30-11-12, 12:46
Subways would need to be safe. The zoneline huggers need somewhere to get their kicks.

I would also like to see Outzone Station Traders reimplemented. I have no idea why they got removed.
Sounds good and yuck the traders bit removed? Then let's get them back!

Deus Ex Machina
30-11-12, 13:26
Rks - No more Safezones please - thats Neocron after all.
If a zone is guarded with Copbots, Cityadminguards usw. literally every step - okay, no problem.
But safezones? No way. They are still horrible in contrary to what I expect of NC, but I accept that they are easier to implement than clever guards. But more of them? Thats just lazy.
When someone makes problems for lows and beginners or whoever it should be other players that remedy that problem - thats what made NC great.

Apshai
30-11-12, 14:04
you all have a point.

the question the starter asked in my op. is how to get fighting back to pp and since most people prefer to fight at the safezone sync p3 would have to be one.

if the entire subway beside the oz station is safe, we could have fighting at that sync again. (and awesome spawn events inside the station) and it could lead to fights a pp subway entrance if there are no guards tho.

but there are many options and for sure peeps will always fight at the best safezone/not safezone sync.

so we need more ideas and opinions :D shoot peeps hehe

Drachenpaladin
30-11-12, 15:05
I'd wish there was a way to the devs to improve the AI of the Copbots and Faction Guards, i think that would solve many problems. If those dudes where proper assets for sector security and deployed in appropriate numbers the Plaza and Via Rosso could be properly pacified without being a Savezone...

But if the CA withdraws from PP more it would result in an increased difficulty for the PP factions. TS and BD will constantly bump into each other, so a warning when choosing those factions or something like that would be required...

Izeo
30-11-12, 15:45
I'd wish there was a way to the devs to improve the AI of the Copbots and Faction Guards
I was a fan of the old NC1 "orbital beam" rifles that all the copbots had. The plasma rifles they have now seem weaker, and tend to miss. On my rank /22 char with no resists, I can shoot a copbot and take a handful of hits before having to go behind a corner. I do wish they were scary so that even capped players would be afraid of them.

Drachenpaladin
30-11-12, 16:00
I was a fan of the old NC1 "orbital beam" rifles that all the copbots had. The plasma rifles they have now seem weaker, and tend to miss. On my rank /22 char with no resists, I can shoot a copbot and take a handful of hits before having to go behind a corner. I do wish they were scary so that even capped players would be afraid of them.

I find their inability to check their Line of Fire worse then their damage output... And their weakness for indoor pools...

Chuck Norris
30-11-12, 19:51
if you put different faction guards together in the same zone; it is fairly easy to get them stuck fighting each-other in an infinite loop "exploit", making them rather useless and "exploitable"

William Antrim
30-11-12, 21:39
There aren't any faction guards in p2. Closest is pp lab but they're over the zone line. The faction guards wouldn't cross zones either. Pp1 is ts 2 is bd and 3 is crahn.

Torg
01-12-12, 02:02
oh, how much i loved to watch next guards fighting copbots in plaza 4. not going to come back, i know. could we pleez get more NPC action? and yes, move stupid zoneline fighting back to pepper park, for all those not man enough to engage in a real outpost fights.

Druid311
02-12-12, 00:02
I would like to see this change. Remove any Copbots from the Pepper Park areas(excluding the subway entrances). Make P2 under guard instead. Increase cop bot damage and health. I've always liked fights in Pepper Park. The atmosphere is perfect for it. Lots of danger and prostitutes.