PDA

View Full Version : Communication

Deus Ex Machina
29-11-12, 23:26
In the Launcher, in the Forum, better at both points.
What I mean:
If the server is down and you know it - throw two sentences with a timestamp our way.
If you take the server down for 15-20 min - throw two sentences with a timestamp our way.

Then not only the people ingame know if something is done, but also those that want to get in can find out that you are working on something - and that, e.g. they can try again in half an hour.

I know its extra work, but seeing something communicated, knowing about something and not having to guess is always worth the effort in satisfaction I think. After all, it also communicates that someone is working hard on something ;-)

Ascension
29-11-12, 23:36
Great idea, would be nice if there was a feed that pulled an rss or xml feed into the login screen with any server issues too.

William Antrim
30-11-12, 12:40
Can this be done via irc? I mean I normally check if the servers are up by seeing how many people are on the game. If there is another way to do it I am all for that.

kane
30-11-12, 12:49
I don't mind where it is outside the game but communication is the key. We are a community and we gotta stay that way.

CMaster
30-11-12, 13:08
You can always check player numbers over at stats.techhaven.org - it's not live, but an update every 5 minutes or so I think?

But yeah, a server maintenance blotter would be good.

Apshai
30-11-12, 14:09
In the Launcher, in the Forum, better at both points.
What I mean:
If the server is down and you know it - throw two sentences with a timestamp our way.
If you take the server down for 15-20 min - throw two sentences with a timestamp our way.

Then not only the people ingame know if something is done, but also those that want to get in can find out that you are working on something - and that, e.g. they can try again in half an hour.

I know its extra work, but seeing something communicated, knowing about something and not having to guess is always worth the effort in satisfaction I think. After all, it also communicates that someone is working hard on something ;-)

sounds good to me.

Mokoi
30-11-12, 15:41
Task added to my list.
It will happen soon™ - as for when exactly you know the answer. ;)

Deus Ex Machina
30-11-12, 15:45
[...] - as for when exactly you know the answer. ;)
I am going to have to guess...
When its done ;) :angel:

kane
30-11-12, 21:15
When it comes to communication I'm one of them players that is part of the community. As far as I know the server is now ran and operated by volunteers. People like me I assume? We are like a collective of people with the same goal as each other :) Say whats on your mind we want to hear it.

And for the rest lets kill them!

Druid311
02-12-12, 00:13
Built in IRC client?!