PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] [T#178] & [R#175] Tradeskill missions not working

Ivan Eres
13-11-12, 23:02
I started a TL20 conster mission in the Crahn HQ.

It was possible to take the BP and the parts from the registrar. There is also the usual pointer showing the registrar.

I could build the item without problems too.

However, there is no pointer to the FSM and both FSM do not take the mission item now.

The mission cannot be completed.

EDIT:
Aborting the mission and taking another one worked. It was a TL10. Will try more now.

EDIT2:
The second and third mission worked as usual. A GM was also online and tried it and he had the same behavior when taking a mission, although for him it was the Starter NPC waypoint that was missing, not the FSM waypoint. The next mission did not work either. We are testing it at the moment. The NPCs were also reset once now.

EDIT3:
The bug seems to be reproducible. It happens for RES and CST missions. At the moment there is no Starter NPC waypoint being shown after taking the mission. I was wondering if the new database engine is too fast for NC's code and the waypoint gets swallowed by it.

CMaster
14-11-12, 00:22
I started a TL20 conster mission in the Crahn HQ.

It was possible to take the BP and the parts from the registrar. There is also the usual pointer showing the registrar.

I could build the item without problems too.

However, there is no pointer to the FSM and both FSM do not take the mission item now.

The mission cannot be completed.

EDIT:
Aborting the mission and taking another one worked. It was a TL10. Will try more now.

EDIT2:
The second and third mission worked as usual. A GM was also online and tried it and he had the same behavior when taking a mission, although for him it was the Starter NPC waypoint that was missing, not the FSM waypoint. The next mission did not work either. We are testing it at the moment. The NPCs were also reset once now.

EDIT3:
The bug seems to be reproducible. It happens for RES and CST missions. At the moment there is no Starter NPC waypoint being shown after taking the mission. I was wondering if the new database engine is too fast for NC's code and the waypoint gets swallowed by it.

Tried it with other factions?

It's possible there's a Crahn FSM at the church in OZ9, or one of the other crahn bases that you are being directed to.

Haxxor
14-11-12, 01:25
Unrelated i think but when i was faction hopping on retail doing epic missions i was doing res missions for TG i think it was and similar thing was happening. Get Mission on city term but no npc to get bp from in the hq obv there will be an npc somewhere in the gameworld but restricting tradeskill missions to HQ is better for the runner.

If what CMaster is saying is true about Chran i'd hate to have to go back and forwards to OZ9. Luckily ive done Chran res missions on Retail and there was not one problem.

Ivan Eres
14-11-12, 23:07
Tried it with other factions?

It's possible there's a Crahn FSM at the church in OZ9, or one of the other crahn bases that you are being directed to.

The GM had the same idea and he checked OZ9 but there was no waypoint to be seen.

I tried it with NEXT and everything was fine. Maybe it's Crahn HQ related.

William Antrim
29-11-12, 15:05
I have tried to go to the Crahn HQ to do two recycle missions to regain faction sympathy.

I normally expect to see one npc to give me the mission and one to take the recycled items.

On both occasions I am missing one of the npcs.

The first time around I was missing the mission giver (Neddus Bridges) - titled Registrar but I could see the parts receiver (the FSM guy).

The second time around I cancelled the previous mission and tried to start a new one and I could see the mission giver (registrar) but I could not see the mission receiver (FSM) as the name I was given for the npc to hand in my mission to was not there. Two other FSMs were there instead.

I think it is basically the name of the npcs that is the problem. Obviously the NPC names change over the course of time as new workers come in to the HQ or whatever but it seems to be picking the pre-175 patch npc names as the people i need to see. I remember Neddus Bridges very well as even after 50 missions she still told me that she didnt recognise me...

Anyway I hope that this helps!

THIS IS ON #RETAIL PATCH 175

Weazeler
29-11-12, 16:16
Its seems to be the majority of res/cst/rec missions. Can say none of the research missions for Fallen Angels are working tried all TL and none are allowing me to start the mission from the npc.

Bifrost
29-11-12, 16:31
Threads merged with other report of issues with tradeskill missions.

If you are reporting issues with the tradeskill missions. Please try and include:-

The TL of the mission.
Which tradeskill mission it is. (eg RES/CST)
And the faction.

Thanks.

William Antrim
29-11-12, 16:37
I can confirm that the Crahn Abbey in Oz 9 has noone there who is mission related.

There are 2 mission givers in Crahn HQ (Registrars) and 2 mission Receivers (FSMs) but the names that are actually sat working there are different guys to the ones in patch 174. It seems as though the citycom wants to send us to the guys who WERE there in R#174 and has not picked up the name changes for the new guys in R#175.

I hope this makes some more sense.

As per Mod Request:

This mission is for TL150 Research missions for Crahn.

I also experienced the same problem with VERY EASY recycle missions.

Weazeler
01-12-12, 08:20
Still Fallen Angels Tl 10 - TL150 res missions not working although it seems the personnel director name has changed?

Same issue talk to him and he says you need to finish your current mission first

Weazeler
02-12-12, 05:12
Just tried doing missions in Fallen Angels again still getting same problem. npcs don't seem to click that the mission is to do with them

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5417/shot0003wv.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8210/shot0004ay.jpg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3990/shot0005u.jpg

Weazeler
04-12-12, 22:54
Any info?