PDA

View Full Version : Hi, My name is Kane and I'm a 100% newbie (lets pretend)

kane
29-11-12, 11:10
So I played Neocron years ago lala, I have a pretty derpy mind, I think the only thing I remember was warbots and some epic op fights but when it comes to leveling and picking the class that is right for you was one of my weakest points.

If I recall I think my 2 fav classes was either a PE or a Spy. With the PE if I recalled was one the all rounder type class where the spy I think I had a crap ton of fun playing with drones. In fact if I recall you guys can correct me I think I spent most my time droning on my PE because it was a good way to level up dex?

I loved droning a lot but one the downsides if I do recall is you kind of need to know the right people to make what you need. Already 5 min of playing I had a Copbot gun me down with my weapon pulled out LOL.

So I was wondering if you guys and girls can throw some advice at me and I'm going use this thread and this thread alone for my QQ I fail help thread for myself.

Also would anyone recommend any English speaking guilds? Hopefully with a bit of a population and helpful people. I remember playing this game many years ago and I recalled how amazing the community was back then when it came to being new and being shown the ropes. I really hope that has not been tainted over the years.

Thanks,
Kane

Satan2k2
29-11-12, 11:39
Yeah, it's fast to level your PE with drones, but you don't get any strength or constitution (only in team you get strength xp from members, but still no CON).

But you can level your PE with HC Weapons to get more CON-XP (using HC weapons gives constitution XP). When you're CON capped (65) you should be DEX capped (80), too. Just use High-Tech-Heavy-Weapons.

if I do recall is you kind of need to know the right people to make what you need.

Nah, there are enough Researcher with BP-library and constructer out there. So you don't need to know the "right people" at the beginning.

I hope this can help you.

Dribble Joy
29-11-12, 20:07
Until you get to the stage where you need rares built/ressed, then you don't need to find someone you trust. Valuable items do require a bit more caution, but by then you should have contacts anyway.

kane
01-12-12, 07:00
Thanks guys.

Still a bit lost if I want to make a Spy or make a PE. I love both but I love PE as they seem to have a bit more balance on being able to do a couple of diff things. But then again it sucks that they can't always max their potential either. I was told to stay away from PE's as their one of the most weakest classes right now in the game?

Is this true? I mean I'm not the biggest PVPer I prob spend most my time hunting say rares and such. But if you guys can give me any kind of recommendations and such that would be great..

Dribble Joy
01-12-12, 12:56
Rifle for hunting. It's perfectly possible with pistols, just not as easy.

Dropout
01-12-12, 16:01
Thanks guys.

Still a bit lost if I want to make a Spy or make a PE. I love both but I love PE as they seem to have a bit more balance on being able to do a couple of diff things. But then again it sucks that they can't always max their potential either. I was told to stay away from PE's as their one of the most weakest classes right now in the game?

Is this true? I mean I'm not the biggest PVPer I prob spend most my time hunting say rares and such. But if you guys can give me any kind of recommendations and such that would be great..

They are pretty good for PVE.. Go with rifles or heavy combat (TT epic is absolutely awesome if going HC).

Currently PEs cannot be recommended for PVP. Pretty much all low'ish TL PC/RC rares are horrible.
Spies on the other hand has access to two of the best weapons in the game; The AK and the Dissy (both rifles), AND spies have enough INT to spec in Hacking or Implanting along with WEP.
Uh and spies have access to longer than 5 seconds of stealth (if you like being stealthed).

So with the currently (REALLY BAD!!!!!!) balancing, go with a spy for PVP.

I myself love PEs, and have 3 on Terra and 1 on Titan. The one on Titan is sadly just gonna be a tech farmer till there has been a good amount of balancing.

kane
01-12-12, 20:39
Thanks, Yeah I like the idea of PE's but it seems like SPY's have way to many advantages like stealth, hacking, rifles, and hell I guess even best droners :P

GosuSmurf
06-12-12, 00:43
What are the best hunting spots? for a rifle spy around 15 dex.. Can someone set me up with a decent Rifle...

Dribble Joy
06-12-12, 01:24
Probably the PP1 sewer. It's just to the right as you enter the zone from P3. It has everything from lvl4 to 20, with aggies in the second level. Long corridors for rifle sniping too. At about level 15 (so probably dex 20-25), head to the aggie cellars in P1/P2.

GosuSmurf
06-12-12, 01:40
Thanks!