PDA

View Full Version : Patch R#175 Timeline

Alduin
27-11-12, 01:00
After many weeks of hard work preparing the new patch, we are finally getting there. Release Candidate 2 has now been been pushed to Vedeena for testing and the feedback up until now concerning previous patches has been pretty encouraging. However, our testing and QA team is much too small to do the one last and final test. A stress test.

With that said you may ask what our plans are to carry out that last and final test? First of all, we will make a thorough backup of Titan's current state (current meaning patching day). Everything will be backed up! Afterwards the required technology upgrades will be made. Finally, the patch will be deployed and Titan will be opened up again. However, the first two days will be officially flagged as a testing period.

This testing period means, that should something go terribly wrong we can perform a rollback (to the prepatch state) so we can restore the Neocron service. Nevertheless, we encourage players to continue playing as normal and follow their every day life, while we monitor the situation in the background to ensure everything is alright. Obviously we hope everything will go smoothly and after those two days, the testing status will be revoked and there will be no rollback.

Will there be any compensation if XYZ happens? For sure! You will eventually be compensated with a fully functional patch fixing things and not breaking them!

When is this going to happen? Wednesday 28th November 2012, at around 1800 UTC/GMT (1900 CET). We appreciate this window of downtime is not ideally placed but this process will take a few hours which a number of us need to schedule outside of our normal day jobs. Should all go well this will position us for a strong weekend with the patch we have been so eager to deliver since getting the keys to Neocron a number of months ago.

We hope you understand the requirement for this scale of testing, we really do appreciate your patience and co-operation during the rollout

Sincerely,
Your Neocron Support Team

Doc Holliday
27-11-12, 05:03
Wow. Just wow. Thank you. So keen to play now.

Hammer
27-11-12, 08:59
great,

the newest/actuall patchnotes for this patch tomorrow?

phunqe
27-11-12, 09:24
Will there be any compensation if XYZ happens? For sure! You will eventually be compensated with a fully functional patch fixing things and not breaking them!

:D

Really looking forward to this, keep up the excellent work.

Bruder Malmsdoo
27-11-12, 09:52
Thank you all!

Ivan Eres
27-11-12, 10:27
Holy Crahn, this is effin great! Can't wait to play a new patch on retail, after all these years !

Siuko
27-11-12, 10:53
Thanks for letting us know about the 2 day 'Testing Period', sounds like a very sensible way of doing it...

Cant wait for the new patch :D

Riddle
27-11-12, 12:46
Awesome progress guys! Looking forward to this :)

thanks for all the hard work do far and the continued dedication to our beloved NC

Drachenpaladin
27-11-12, 16:47
I hope you put a message into the launcher so you can get to the ppl that don't check the forum.

(If ppl still miss the news its their own fault.)

Hell-demon
27-11-12, 17:26
Can I level up tomorrow with no fear of a server role back? 8|

Pinoccio
27-11-12, 17:33
What is with the PPU spells plz fix it first ...

Trivaldi
27-11-12, 17:34
Up until we take Titan offline to back everything up, things will continue as normal. Once Titan comes back online after patching the answer is that we hope so but cannot 100% guarantee there will be no issues. Hence the declared testing period of two days.

William Antrim
27-11-12, 17:43
Two days of pure pvp then.... :D

Hell-demon
27-11-12, 17:49
So this patch is coming out then?

Better call Satan and tell him it's gonna get frosty...

William Antrim
27-11-12, 17:55

Better still I am gonna make a fortune buying grandmothers on the cheap!

But seriously though.

Can I ask? Does this mean that there will be no nc tomorrow night whilst patching? and then thursday and friday it should be back up and working at some point? Did I read that correctly?

Garfield
27-11-12, 19:53
that patch just for titan or will it go live on the other server too?

btw great job!

Trivaldi
27-11-12, 21:53

We've also rounded up some flying pigs for the occasion.

Can I ask? Does this mean that there will be no nc tomorrow night whilst patching? and then thursday and friday it should be back up and working at some point? Did I read that correctly?
The official answer regarding the length of the downtime is When It's Done™ in order to keep Murphy and his law at bay. While patching is taking place the game will be unavailable just like the old days, as hard as it is to remember that far back. ;)

that patch just for titan or will it go live on the other server too?
Titan first for those two testing days. Terra and Mars will be offline during that time until we give Titan the all clear, patching will then take place on the remaining servers which will be brought back into play once completed. Titan is of course the priority here, a point I'm sure you will all agree with.

DR REED
28-11-12, 00:19
Thumbs up^^

Keep going, guys :) Seems Neocron is alive again ! :))

Reed

The Pope
28-11-12, 01:00
Amazing job guys, we are all looking forward to this.

BlueRobot
28-11-12, 09:42
Great work guys.

Since there may be a rollback I think the time would be perfect for some events (pvp/pve/whatever).
If someone wants do make one and needs help, just send me a message.

Snakue
28-11-12, 13:01
i cant wait to see the patch note :)

zii
28-11-12, 16:56
Best of luck to the entire team that is involved during this release.

Kirk Lenke
28-11-12, 23:48
Kudos to the team behind this!

You guys do a great job and I hope the players will enjoy it!

Drachenpaladin
28-11-12, 23:50
kudos to the team behind this!

You guys do a great job and i hope the players will enjoy it!

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgheisstillaliveomg! :eek:

Please! Anything! Just give us something! Whats the situation?

Kirk Lenke
28-11-12, 23:59
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgheisstillaliveomg! :eek:

Please! Anything! Just give us something! Whats the situation?

Jipp I am still alive, and I promise I will give an update before yrs end. But this thread is just for the Patch and the guys who realized it ;)

Take care and keep rockin!

Nidhogg
29-11-12, 01:10
Massive thanks to all the people who have worked on this patch. Beyond awesome!

Pitbull.^
30-11-12, 16:39
any Informations when the Roleback will be done? This evening or tomorrow? or no roleback? a statement would be nice ;)

Mokoi
30-11-12, 17:30
Obviously, the release has by now happened, so please continue discussion in the R#175 release thread:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?146682-R-175-Discussion

-close

P.S:
Hi Kirk, hope all is well!