PDA

View Full Version : Group loot function

Riddle
24-11-12, 12:42
Would it ever be possible to create group looting of mobs?

currently when you kill multiple mobs, you loot individually by targeting their hotbox, sometimes these overlap making the task frustrating as selecting the hotbox can sometimes be impossible.

I would suggest you loot one and it loots all mobs around it aswell, obviously only if you have looting rights!

William Antrim
24-11-12, 14:01
Opening multiple loot boxes you mean? Might that get a bit confusing? I am all for quicker and easier interface ideas though yes!

IanKett
24-11-12, 15:28
A real group loot system would be a great welcomed addition to Neocron.

Setlec
24-11-12, 16:51
you mean area loot right? because group loot reminds me of in a team who gets what just like SWTOR or any wowish game. I rather prefer maintain individual loot but with automatic system when there is multiple copies of the same item.

Torg
24-11-12, 21:54
mmmh. i see multiple problems coming in. maybe we should not pursue this idea.

Riddle
25-11-12, 15:39
Yes, area loot, the ability to loot multiple mobs within local area. It's not problematic as you might think.

IanKett
25-11-12, 21:22
mmmh. i see multiple problems coming in. maybe we should not pursue this idea.

More like incomming the neocron religious players who can't tolerate the game being updated to this decade haha

William Antrim
26-11-12, 13:14
I would be interested to hear what these problems might be Torg? Would you care to elaborate?

Torg
26-11-12, 13:54
I would be interested to hear what these problems might be Torg? Would you care to elaborate?i believe adding a function like "on right-click of a lootable mob check for other lootable mobs in a defined area/distance, check loot-rights and open all their inventories in a single, common inventory window" to the already twisted code of NC 2.2 would be complicated to perform/code and prone to create new, hidden bugs. also: whats the problem with moving around the pile of dead corpses and right-clicking each? in other words, yes, it's an idea, but not a necessary improvement to the game.

Dropout
26-11-12, 15:42
I.... am actually with Torg on this one... :wtf:

The code is such a mess, so "if it aint broke dont fix it".

Riddle
26-11-12, 16:52
Lets put possible Coding issues aside, as this is "brainport", Not "please suggest what might work, with our dated game and supporting infrastructure" forum.

ideas here will fall into implementable with current code, or put on the slate for the future development. This is almost certainly future dev work.

As such, I feel this idea is valid, as I would expect any future neocron mob loot tables to be addressed as its currently not worth looting certain mobs at all. All mobs should have some use in future, to promote interaction through trade and farming.

The idea is to facilitate two things,

1- address the issue of untargetable hit boxes due to overlap (frustration)
2- remove requirement to loot 20 individual mobs when farming.(unnecessary time sink)

i don't expect this to make patch 180!