PDA

View Full Version : I make a rifle tank but a 1 million is still pocket money

awkward silence
24-11-12, 09:14
ok....

I decided to make that rifle tank and levels have been slower but still good. I was out-damaged by just about every tank my level... but not by much...

What i didn't expect was... the economy is just as fucked as on terra! My char needs both SF and DIP to work the ionic shotty eventually... the problem is just one part of either goes for several million. People seriously have too much money... regants legacy is still ruining this game, high yield mobs without fear of damage.

Cant really join the AoE orgies with a rifle...

I guess from my point of view nothing has really changed. Economy is, if not as bad, pretty quick catching up. And then there is just a few good weapons that aren't WoC.

ok ok... end rant

See you when the servers are back up!

Dropout
24-11-12, 09:58
Well, its not completely like Terra..
The reason why those items are so damn expensive is because there is a fuckload of techs, so you gotta get Lucky to get SF parts - and people needs them themself aswell - remember that rifle spies is the most used "class" along with HC tanks.

And about the DIP, after the droner-heaven was taken care off, MC5 parts are actually a challenge to get (from what I've heard anyways).

So get farming if you want your implants, because everyone else wants them aswell..

Apocalypsox
24-11-12, 12:35
....I don't think the money supply is the problem. The parts are rare as hens teeth right now.

William Antrim
24-11-12, 12:50
Titan is in a high demand market. That drives prices up wildly. As previously stated. Terra was in a glut of duped items allegedly but after so many years of.ecting money it really didn't mean a lot. The best thing you can do is get a farming char to equip your main or join a clan and hope to get support that way. Other than that I am not sure how to help you. Certainly forum raging won't help because everyone else here is on the same boat. I have not even seen an mc5 part on titan yet but I am still trying to equip some chars without one.

Dribble Joy
24-11-12, 15:30
In a month or two the number of parts in circulation will increase and the number of people needing them will be less, so prices will come down.

The other thing to do (which is what I am doing) is to collect L parts and sell the Ts and Es. Get the former ressed to get your own parts.

Britney
24-11-12, 16:02
Droning in certain places.... *cough* El Farid *cough* earns people fucktonnes of money, that and the extreme rarity of such parts obviously drives up the price. Unlike Terra there aren't a million dodgy weapons/implants/etc around.

awkward silence
24-11-12, 16:26
im all supportive of making stuff rare, the problem is not that... it's in my opinion the extreme amount of money you can get very quickly in this game very fast from mobs that hardly damage you...

as in im all for having the new changes in mc5 and WoC but if you cant agree with the underscored bit...well

that money drives the price more than rarety imho

William Antrim
24-11-12, 16:57
I am going to stick my neck out and say that I agree with Awkward Silence in part on this one. Having places where you can make a shitload of money in a short space of time - as only a single class - is only going to be bad for the economy. However this is just one of a number of contributing factors to the game by and large.

El Farid is designed (currently it seems) to be a droner heaven. The money that can be made there, due to mob density, is much higher than elsewhere. Even Regants does not have that kind of return on investment. However I am hoping that with the impending patch at least a part of this issue will be alleviated.

However as posters before me have rightly said that when the amount of rare parts currently in circulation rises there will be hopefully a fall in prices of said weapons.

I believe that this issue is interlinked with the one I posted about recently. The rare parts are currently TOO rare. The drop rate is just terrible for certain parts.

Anecdotal evidence shows this. Going slightly OT I went rhinoing the other night. The first two parts I got from 2 separate monsters (in the same zone) were doubles. I promptly went to put £1 on the lottery as I could not believe my luck. Sadly I am not that lucky and no real fortune awaits me but seriously. What are the chances of that happening?

So to that end this is also a contributing factor to Awkward Silences problem.

Currently I am actually thinking that the "old" system of having certain chips accessible in databases is a good idea. I know we had rare chips in the rare pool in nc1 but back then all we had was 3 rare chips with the SRI added later if memory serves. Nowadays we have 5 at least and possibly a 6th if ever the Marine CPU is made to actually be worth something again.

With the yearning for WOC and MC5 from most people now and the fact that this is the high end content I am wondering if it might be pertinent to examine the possibility of having the SF, SWAT and the Support Cores etc moved back to being BPable and available through the FDB - although possibly at some higher cost than currently?

I think it would make a nice bench mark for people looking forward to getting into pvp and would even the playing field for those who cannot get/afford MC5 parts.

It ought to at least alleviate Awkward Silence's problem to make his Rifle tank semi viable.

Ok it wont solve the underlying economy issues that Titan is likely to return to when it gets as old as Terra (IE everyone has billions of credits) but it might just give newer/casual runners the chance to be able to compete in pvp if this cyberware was available from some shady street doc or back alley hacker in some dark corner of Pepper Park. Heck you could even put missions in for it or something for the people without any hack and give them an alternative at the end? IF you can hack you can enter the db and get the item but if you cant you can pay the money/fulfill some alternate quest and have the NPC give you the item?

I have gone way off topic yes I realise this but seriously the people who have the most money are the ones who play the most that is simple fact. They earn more because they farm more and what not. The issues raised by Awkward Silence are valid and he seems to be an honest chap. Perhaps these things can be addressed in a future patch to keep the prices of these rare items in check?

Money will become irrelevant at some point on Titan. Everyone who knows anything about economics can see that. However that will really impact the casual/new players the most. At least this way they can get into the end game with a half decent setup and actively look for their rare guns that they want so as to get on and appreciate the end game PvE and PvP.

Cheddar
24-11-12, 17:54
....I don't think the money supply is the problem. The parts are rare as hens teeth right now.

Sup bro- where ya been?

Chuck Norris
24-11-12, 19:45
Ill say this, money gained from killing is not the problem! Exploits in creating money are... after the next patch you should put up another new server or restart titan.....

Especially since you nerfed mc5 and woc disk areas after they were fully abused by certain electorates of the player base

Dribble Joy
24-11-12, 20:31
it might just give newer/casual runners the chance to be able to compete in pvp if this cyberware was available from some shady street doc or back alley hacker in some dark corner of Pepper Park. Heck you could even put missions in for it or something for the people without any hack and give them an alternative at the end? IF you can hack you can enter the db and get the item but if you cant you can pay the money/fulfill some alternate quest and have the NPC give you the item?

Maybe the NPC versions could be of a lower 'street' quality; say, 35% or so. Then you still have the rare version, but give a degree of access to others.

Torg
24-11-12, 21:48
folks, ingame economy is driven by supply and demand, so if you want and item, pay the price or get along without it. the problem here is not scarcity of certain things, but ppl expecting titan to be just earlier servers. and i support both dribble's and william's first answer here. just let's stay away from semi-solutions.

Doc Holliday
24-11-12, 22:27
actually. what we need to do is look at the drop rates for techs and investigate this properly. I still whole heartedly believe that the drops are not balanced accross the board. rared drops from firemobing seem to be much more skewed than other methods of rare collection. they seem to yield more duplicates than from other sources but also are the most easiest and plentiful in terms of physical drop. they also seem to have a limited loot table in regards to what actually drops. when this is addressed it will take care of the other drops. basically you can get more techs from firemobs than other drops but it also means you get a higher percentage of duplicate rares than any other drop in the game doy tunnels/hovers/horrors/mc5 bots etc. This needs to be addressed properly. then it will level the playing field somewhat more than currently

Dribble Joy
24-11-12, 23:12
Of course, firemobbing is too easy. Upping the rate and/or adding techs to other mobs would also mean that people aren't all crowded into a few zones.

awkward silence
25-11-12, 06:14
Ill say this, money gained from killing is not the problem! Exploits in creating money are... after the next patch you should put up another new server or restart titan.....

Especially since you nerfed mc5 and woc disk areas after they were fully abused by certain electorates of the player base

I completely disagree with the first bit... you can get absurd amounts of money very very easily without any exploits. That said i am barely "computer literate" compared to some people here and wouldn't know if there was an exploit or not. Point is... why would you need an exploit?

Second bit i fully support ("nerfing mc5 and woc areas")

As for rares... it took me a year or two to scrape up to get my pistol PE an MC5 chip, with my clan. As in i joined 2003 June and got my chip 2004-5. Best time i had in neocron guys, don't mind getting some of those days back.

People droned El-Farid then too (APU's barreled too), but graves came up more. People exploited in so many ways, some got banned and i guess some never did, but things imho were never this bad. Most droners cried that their drones blew up so easy then, now they never seem to... Some people openly bragged of having 20 mill on all chars and a clan bank to go even higher, but you could buy a Marine (it was good then) or SF made from parts for 150-300k. Likewise you could many low slotted rares. Some were of course more expensive but nothing like Titan now, or post fuck up Terra.

At some point things got bad. I blame certain locations and certain classes. Anyways i'm sure some people like it how it is, and will try find reasons to justify the state this game is in. It is still what it is... subjective bullshit.

I'm sorry if i offended someone. I just feel this opportunity we have is getting wasted. As the biggest economy breakers are still going strong and they are not even exploits.

awkward silence
25-11-12, 06:29
Of course, firemobbing is too easy. Upping the rate and/or adding techs to other mobs would also mean that people aren't all crowded into a few zones.

I die from firemobs, they do damage, mostly im ok and get a few parts and a little money without having a higher DD ninja too much etc. It works

Last time i died at regants was when i had to stop my two neighbours killed each other, once i got back after 10 minutes i was being mobbed by several parasites at half health, i had a big one coming (not talking about a mob per se), so i had to "gogo". As i returned i was dead.

Just saying... firemobs may or may not be fine, but compared...

That said rares could be spread out. I would logically give them only to machines and guards... as what are the odds a "wild mutated animal" has tech in its belly? Maybe make 2 rarepools... biologic imps and mechanical imps and spit then accordingly.

Curvedblade
12-12-12, 21:18
With the yearning for WOC and MC5 from most people now and the fact that this is the high end content I am wondering if it might be pertinent to examine the possibility of having the SF, SWAT and the Support Cores etc moved back to being BPable and available through the FDB - although possibly at some higher cost than currently?

This is the third time I've read about bringing back BP's of those implants, again I think it is a great idea

Dribble Joy
13-12-12, 10:01
That said rares could be spread out. I would logically give them only to machines and guards... as what are the odds a "wild mutated animal" has tech in its belly? Maybe make 2 rarepools... biologic imps and mechanical imps and spit then accordingly.
I think the idea is that they have eaten some poor unfortunate, which is probably more reasonable than opening up a centuries-old warbot and finding part of a new weapon prototype.

Nsomnia
20-12-12, 14:32
prob a bit off topic but i used to love fighting doy bot back in the day when they used to drop the high priced parts the were sold at one of the faction hq's

zii
20-12-12, 22:28
ok....

I decided to make that rifle tank and ...

Enough said.