PDA

View Full Version : Mr Jones in MB

IanKett
21-11-12, 13:12
I know the whole reason behind the removal of Mr Jones from the MB was because the area was not big enough to require an inital exploration mission but when you make a CM character you miss out on some good starter items which is a bit of a unfair advantage so instead I propose that you have one global mission from Mr Jones in the MB no matter what class you chose but the ending reward would be different depending on your class.

Izeo
21-11-12, 13:59
I know the whole reason behind the removal of Mr Jones from the MB was because the area was not big enough to require an inital exploration mission but when you make a CM character you miss out on some good starter items which is a bit of a unfair advantage so instead I propose that you have one global mission from Mr Jones in the MB no matter what class you chose but the ending reward would be different depending on your class.
Yeah, I agree. As long as the end reward(s) for your profession are exactly the same (i.e. Scientist would still get TL-90 RES tool).

I wrote the same thing in the Tech Haven thread, but that's only if the starter location for FA is changed back to TH.

It wouldn't even have to look like Mr. Jones, it could look like a CM NPC or something.

hatmankh
21-11-12, 18:47
Wow, I always just assumed you get Mr Jones in your starter apartment anyway but the quests are all the same and you gotta travel to Neocron to do them.

If making new missions is too much work, I think we should at least have this, same missions, same rewards, regardless of which faction you start as. I know this defeats the point of them being "starter missions" since you'd have to make a dangerous trip to Neocron and tag a GR first before you could even do any of them but some of the jones missions rewards are really useful and its unfair that some runners will never get a chance to do the missions and get these items.

Its a better solution than having to make a new character or buying the mission rewards from another player.

Izeo
22-11-12, 00:09
Come to think of it, TG would need one, too. That's three new missions, with length and text similar to an existing Mr. Jones mission. It doesn't seem to be a terrible amount of work, maybe two days at most, including testing?

Making the text would maybe be easier, as the text doesn't have to be profession-related:
"Hey you, first go see Derp in this area, then back to me. Gj."
"Now go to Peach in that area, and take what she gives you back to Derp, then back to me. Gj."
"Now collect 8 <low tl monster item> and bring them to Diddly. Bring Diddly's item to Derp, and back to me. Cool here's your stuff."

low-tl-item for the Military Base one could be like... "Processor" or something, since there's those low level dungeons with mechshells and stuff.

William Antrim
22-11-12, 01:05
I am not sure. I think perhaps there is more behind the scenes that we don't know about involved in this kind of thing. However I am positive that your post will have been read by the mods/devs now so we can only wait and see.

Mr. Kassad
22-11-12, 11:30
Yes. In the past, every time no GM commented on a thread I thought it went unread. But if you follow the Team on Twitter or IRC you will realize that they read every thread, take notes and discuss the ideas behind the scenes.

So keep it coming!