PDA

View Full Version : The secret of BYB

IanKett
19-11-12, 16:37
Neocrons secret Big Yellow Ball.
One way conversation voice by Suiku. (Couldn't hear my side)

[ edited ]

Trivaldi
19-11-12, 16:51
It's somewhat an unwritten rule on the Neocron forums that the location of the BYB is never posted, this is something even plays from years past have automatically adhered to. It's also a rule I intend to keep going for another decade. ;)

IanKett
19-11-12, 16:57
Hahaha I expected that since no one would tell me where it was so once I found it I was sharing the wonders of BYB haha

Mr. Kassad
19-11-12, 17:22
The knowledge about BYB and other secret locations in NC are like Fightclub and it's rules 1 & 2.

The only way (other than stumbling over them by accident) to know about them is to get some insider to break the rules. But I agree that this should happen in secret via TS or ingame direct chat and not in public like the forums or OOC.

The best way to "break the rules" is to do some kind of "amateur event" with your clan or friends.

Make it mysterious and let your runners try to figure out the mechanics themselves. I had a lot of fun tinkering around with my clan mates. :D

Jameson Clarke
19-11-12, 17:29
One does not give out the location of our inner sanctum.

William Antrim
19-11-12, 20:04
It is a great zone though. I went to the Pluto wedding there.

Ascension
19-11-12, 21:18
It is a great zone though. I went to the Pluto wedding there.

I went to this too, or was security, was a long time ago!

Riddle
19-11-12, 21:46
Minor panic attack when I saw title! Good job on the edit, don't want people finding where we lured assman and locked him up! Be careful boys and girls he may still be there!!

Mr. Kassad
19-11-12, 22:09
Minor panic attack when I saw title! Good job on the edit, don't want people finding where we lured assman and locked him up! Be careful boys and girls he may still be there!!

They say if you listen carefully after dusk you can still hear him scream in agony... :(

Doc Holliday
20-11-12, 02:50
i still have never been there. cant say i can be bothered either but thats just me. its cool that its so secret though. maybe one day i will go a wandering.

Drachenpaladin
20-11-12, 04:33
i still have never been there. cant say i can be bothered either but thats just me. its cool that its so secret though. maybe one day i will go a wandering.

Its less impressive as all the fuss might suggest...

yavimaya
20-11-12, 05:32
Its less impressive as all the fuss might suggest...

is that because its just a yellow ball that doesnt do anything?

Mr. Kassad
20-11-12, 07:35
is that because its just a yellow ball that doesnt do anything?

:eek:

HOW DARE YOU!
BYB is filled with the hopes and dreams of all Runners alive and stuck in the endless black-synch alike!
Thou shall not insult the greatness and dignity of the BYB!

I kindly ask for a permanent ban of yavimaya's forum account and the deletion of all his characters because of this insolence!

yavimaya
20-11-12, 07:49
You mean ask? ;) :p

Mr. Kassad
20-11-12, 07:57
I don't know what you are talking about... :angel:

*tries to erase the edit flag in his post*

Doc Holliday
20-11-12, 08:41
haha. ownage. yeah i think i saw a screenie once but havent ever actually visited it. maybe i should go for a look round when im alone some time. i have a runner i can use who can go to mb so i shall see whats what. i guess its one more thing off the bucket list.

Riddle
20-11-12, 15:36
haha. ownage. yeah i think i saw a screenie once but havent ever actually visited it. maybe i should go for a look round when im alone some time. i have a runner i can use who can go to mb so i shall see whats what. i guess its one more thing off the bucket list.
Doc, all I will say is you won't have much success if you go alone ;)

Michael Corvin
20-11-12, 16:30
I seen the BYB many Times and everytime when the sky is darker then usual in my Life i go there and fill my Heart with BYBs positive Energy =P works perfect again and again

Dribble Joy
20-11-12, 16:55
The BYB will show the way if you can find it and that is part of the first test.

Doc Holliday
20-11-12, 17:43
memory says you need to hack to get there. thats all memory says to me tho ;( damn you stupid memory. ok riddle cheers mucker :)

Praetorian
20-11-12, 21:44
I have to ask, there was alot of rumours circulating (way back) that every major place had its own Big "insert different color" Ball. Like TH had one as well. Is there any truth to this?

james_finn
20-11-12, 22:31
I have to ask, there was alot of rumours circulating (way back) that every major place had its own Big "insert different color" Ball. Like TH had one as well. Is there any truth to this?

TG Volcano is rumoured to have a BRB (Big Red Ball)

Dribble Joy
20-11-12, 23:15
The BBB is in TH of course.

Riddle
21-11-12, 01:35
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnGYb0UBrwX6Eb0zsmB7baYKPM5P4TS-HMdENLO703FPcyJTF8

God dam!! It escaped!

Nadja [Mars]
21-11-12, 11:00
It's also a rule I intend to keep going for another decade. ;)
Therefore I really really really could hug you all day!
Appreciated edit!
:)

Drachenpaladin
21-11-12, 16:10
TH has much, a commando bunker, a spa... but no BigBall, sry.

William Antrim
21-11-12, 18:21
I once saw two big pink balls....

yavimaya
22-11-12, 03:38
I once saw two big pink balls....

Oh William.
*Shakes head*

Jameson Clarke
22-11-12, 18:20
I hear BYB drops prenerf parashocks and PE damageboosts.

Ghostface_Speak
22-11-12, 19:12
I hear BYB drops prenerf parashocks and PE damageboosts.
No,you are supposed to sacrifice these items to him

Brammers
22-11-12, 19:23
The BBB is in TH of course.

TH has much, a commando bunker, a spa... but no BigBall, sry.

The BBB is in my secret basement...opps did I say that out loud?! :p