PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Tank

awkward silence
19-11-12, 11:27
What would be the viability of one?

Able to use all MC 5 chips it needs, judge, crossbow thing and ionic shotgun pistol according to nskill.

Again resist would be compromised but would they be much worse than a PE's? Seems to be as viable at least...

I thought that if id do a new char on titan, i might as well do something new.

Been away for long though so i might be horribly in need to be updated.

Any thoughts?

Awk

William Antrim
19-11-12, 11:39
Theoretically you have 45 more con than the pe so that would make up for the lack of a ppr/ncpd chip I am expecting. I have not crunched any numbers on a proper setup though to be honest.

However the biggest single problem you would find is - pistols are crap currently. :(

Dropout
19-11-12, 11:58
As William Antrim said, pistols are sadly completely useless (since tanks do not have access to DEX WoC - so you cant use Xbow).
Another thing about DEX based tanks - tanks has very low INT, so they cant get their WEP very high.

It is possible though. 4-5 Ionic pistols and a Libby (if you can aim it). Think it was Xanu that had one on Terra, and did alright with it.

Doc Holliday
19-11-12, 12:16
Pistols dont NEED so much weapon lore compared to a rifle which is why its more accepted of all the "off the wall" set ups so to speak. i saw a rifle tank using a pe way way back. I dont even remember the name but i doubt many people can say they ever saw one. it was at J_02 and the dude was shooting warbots. i wondered why he never hacked em but i guess with 0 hack its pretty obvious. i didnt know better.

Tanks can get 80 some weapon lore naturally. throw in the pc eye 3 for them and maybe a decent pistol chip or two and i would imagine its viable to use though.

I cant see a tank using anything TC related in the rares range as it would be too far out of range for them dex wise and as stated Low tech really does suck though sadly so its a big consideration on what exactly would be a good pistol to aim for.

It could be fun though for sure if you wanna try something different man. Im curious how it plays out ;)

awkward silence
19-11-12, 12:28
indeed the WOC isn't available. I knew i missed something...

Well i was kinda hoping the judge would be magically good again.

Another thing i was hoping to do was a melee PE with stealth but... when i left even a melee tank was shite

awkward silence
19-11-12, 14:02
Another thing! A desperado PE... or a paineaser TANK

I don't think i ever got to using a desperado, so i suppose its something new... would have plenty of weapons around the TL as well, so the mc5 wouldn't be an immediate must.

Bleh... that pistol tank is still giving me the tickle, my only problem is that it NEEDs an MC5 chip to reach anything but a libby

Dropout
19-11-12, 14:16
Desperado is an alright weapon actually. The only reason why Im not going to be using that myself on my PE, is that without PA, you wont have nearly enough RC for it to be worthwhile.
If you dont mind using a PA on a PE, go for it though, it is a good weapon :)

I wouldnt recommend a Pain Easer Tank, because of the low WEP though.
Pain Easer PE however is possible. But low defence and low damage kinda sucks - but its like that with all (non-WoC) PE setups sadly.

EDIT: Im going for a Pain Easer setup (at some point) for my own PE. But till I get hold of the SF and DIP needed, my PE is gonna stay as a HC techpart farmer :p

Doc Holliday
19-11-12, 14:20
I would love to see the return of the PE PE. Still my all time favourite class/weapon combo. Played it for years and i miss those times.

Patiently waiting and all that ;)

Kame
19-11-12, 15:11
I have a pistol tank on terra. He's -90 something soullight with faction sympathy beyond repairs...

He's hightech and using dual judges now, but he used to carry ion shotgun pistols.

awkward silence
19-11-12, 15:33
Is there really a big difference between the 98-100 WEP on a tank and the 116-126 WEP on a PE.

I mean the best a drugged up tank can get to is maybe a desperado, but wouldn't think a PE (gun) would need very much.

So, is there really a huge difference?

Strife
19-11-12, 16:17
Desperado is an alright weapon actually. The only reason why Im not going to be using that myself on my PE, is that without PA, you wont have nearly enough RC for it to be worthwhile.
If you dont mind using a PA on a PE, go for it though, it is a good weapon :)

I wouldnt recommend a Pain Easer Tank, because of the low WEP though.
Pain Easer PE however is possible. But low defence and low damage kinda sucks - but its like that with all (non-WoC) PE setups sadly.

EDIT: Im going for a Pain Easer setup (at some point) for my own PE. But till I get hold of the SF and DIP needed, my PE is gonna stay as a HC techpart farmer :pTested Desperado last night with PPU buffs. It's actually surprisingly good.

Dropout
19-11-12, 18:35
Tested Desperado last night with PPU buffs. It's actually surprisingly good.

Yeah I know, I just wish that it was only 101 dex req.. That way I could use it without PA, while still having a good (as good as noPA setups can be) setup.

My PE is too sexy for PA though :p

awkward silence
21-11-12, 09:13
I have received lots of help, which is only a very good thing. Thank you lots guys!

Anyone got a bp of the BD shotty tl 65 one? No seems to have a one.

The money gain and price of equip for noobs is badly off though. My main beef is that even the low tech low tl guns need relatively pricy weapon parts