PDA

View Full Version : [00684][R#174] Static actors blocking movement

Powerpunsh
18-11-12, 00:03
Im not sure if it can be seen as a bug but if i put some desks in a row i always have to jump from one to the other desk. Same to objects like carpets. The hitbox always makes my charater stop. I mean if there is just a 1cm high hitbox why doesnt my character just step up like on stairs?
A fix of this if possible would make the game way more fluent.

Izeo
19-11-12, 06:28
This has always existed in Neocron. You would assume the character would automatically "step up" the object like stairs (as you said, and I agree), but decorations behave differently than world geometry like that. (this behavior is actually why I can't stand heavily modified apartments with cushions on the floor etc - it's not fun to have to jump everywhere just to move forward, in those apartments)

One place in the game that this bug can actually kill you is in the Aggressor Cellars. In the first narrow bridge/walkway in that type of cellar, there is a mesh/static chain link fence model rotated sideways, underneath the solid geometry metal grate floor. The collision must be sticking through, because you can walk forward into it and get stuck, unless you jump. At low levels, running away with either: broken legs, or low stamina (because you are trying to pop medkits to save yourself), you can be stuck on that 1mm high collision error, unable to jump, and that is the cause of your death because the aggressor catches up and shoots you.

I've always been bothered by that bug too, and I hope that is something they are able to fix. (or, at least, modify that aggressor cellar zone to Not have extra static meshes of fences -- just solid geometry instead)

Doc Holliday
19-11-12, 08:39
I always assumed that it was a blocking volume of some kind designed to stop the aggressors all piling in to the first room and caning all the noobs ;)