PDA

View Full Version : Run Time Error at Character Selection

Forget My Name
15-11-12, 04:06
Out of nowhere I am now getting a Run Time Error right before the character select screen loads. This is happening on all my accounts and characters.

Sup?

RogerRamjet
15-11-12, 04:54
IIRC, there may be a file in your NC folder, or the ini folder just named Titan. Like a text or ini file thing. Try deleting it and trying again?

Forget My Name
15-11-12, 05:45
of course it would be you to help me :)

I don't know what the issue was, but removing windowed mode and playing in full screen has fixed it for now... I'll fux around with windowed mode again soon...

yavimaya
15-11-12, 08:29
or you could leave it in fullscreen because its better :P

Forget My Name
15-11-12, 15:51
or you could leave it in fullscreen because its better :P

For you :)

I like running two clients on my large tv so I can see them both side by side... Also, alt tabbing in windowed mode is instantaneous and without any crashes for me.

Windowed mode is now working again for me... I have no idea what the problem was, but the problem fixed itself, it seems...

Trivaldi
15-11-12, 16:08
Can be related to the character models rendered in the selection screen. Either deleting models.tmp at Neocron root or setting pre-cache to '1' in system.ini (in the ini folder) will rebuild your model cache and normally solve this issue.

Forget My Name
15-11-12, 17:41
I will try the fix you posted, boss. Thank you :)

So far, that seems to have fixed the issue!

Forget My Name
22-11-12, 02:03
Okay.... New problem!

THe launcher starts fine. I click the Play Neocron 2 button, and the game loads normally except after the new window pops up, nothing happens. The screen stays black, and I never get to any of the game's screens.

It has been like this for a few hours.

I tried changing the resolution, window mode. I did a file check. I reset character model preloading...

What am I missing this time?

Forget My Name
22-11-12, 04:39
Uhhh... Sigh.... Don't know why, but Neocron 2 is working fine now...

This game mine as well be my wife.