PDA

View Full Version : How to make the most of your Black Dragon Epic

IanKett
11-11-12, 18:52
This is a video I've made to show how to make the most of your Black Dragon epic apartment but unfortunely it was recorded using FRAPS and though I have a great system is has a little lag to it and the sound is way off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR9hBeo6NLk

Jameson Clarke
11-11-12, 19:26
THAT is great. I remember being able to do a similar thing with the DoY standard clan app.

Mr. Kassad
11-11-12, 19:58
Well... There are other apartments that can do that, too.

We did that too in the past.
But as far as I know it is responsible for Zone Crashes, etc. So one day GMs came and asked us and everybody else to remove those constructions. I'd ask a GM if this is still an issue and act accordingly.

Jameson Clarke
12-11-12, 00:41
I'd like a word from a staff member if this is cool to do. I love this kind of exploration, but I don't want to do it if the GM staff says no.

Haxxor
12-11-12, 02:57
I'd like a word from a staff member if this is cool to do. I love this kind of exploration, but I don't want to do it if the GM staff says no.

Unless you're killing a sewer rat with a stiletto its against the rules.

gstyle40
12-11-12, 09:18
using the chairs to glitch thru the walls is the only thing u will have to change. using boxes to climb to the ceiling is not in any way an exploit.

IanKett
16-11-12, 19:24
Very similiar thing with the starter NC apartment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOfdf7LnXFk

Mokoi
16-11-12, 19:51

If you have some weird climbing hobby including furniture, your home is probably the safest place to live it out... just dont do it in public - you could scare the new kids.
While I would consider this a flaw in the game - I dont see you gaining an unfair advantage through building ladders or having a look around the backyard.
Also, I have yet to see a zone crash because of such construction - you should keep the total amount of added geometry in check though.

Jameson Clarke
16-11-12, 20:26
If you have some weird climbing hobby including furniture, your home is probably the safest place to live it out... just dont do it in public - you could scare the new kids.
While I would consider this a flaw in the game - I dont see you gaining an unfair advantage through building ladders or having a look around the backyard.
Also, I have yet to see a zone crash because of such construction - you should keep the total amount of added geometry in check though.

A fetish is not required to be logical. I think it dates back to Sven Co-op and Kreedz Climbing half life mods climbing maps.

IanKett
17-11-12, 14:39

I do keep things to a minimum and if only for exploration I remove them upon fully explored.

Exploration is the only reason I do it, for fun.