PDA

View Full Version : [00675][T#177] Some Chaos Caves mobs can't be killed and behave strangely

Ivan Eres
08-11-12, 13:25
After zoning into the chaos cave at CRP the first mob could be killed without probs with a Doombeamer.

The second mob was down to 10% health when it looked like it wasn't losing health anymore.

Switching to another weapon (Cursed Soul) made it possible to kill the mob.

However, the next mob can't be damaged by either weapon. The mob does not attack and does not move around.

Moving further to the next cluster of mobs changed the behavior again. Suddenly they were able to attack again.

Alduin
08-11-12, 14:54
Please take screenshots and/or videos, try taking some teammates along with you. It would be interesting to know whether APUs encounter similar problems and whether all people in your team encounter the problem or whether it just affects e.g. Tanks or such.

Slauncha
Alduin

flib
08-11-12, 22:37
When that happens, try right-clicking on it. It's already dead.

lawless
09-11-12, 17:10
This was mentioned by me before right here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?146484-Testserver-176-Holy-Lightning-amp-Holy-Fireapocalypse&p=2195259&viewfull=1#post2195259).

You will not be able to kill the enemy for a time period, because for the server it will be stuck under the terrain / inside walls, in the floor, whatsoever. I blame the clipping fix :D

So you will have to wait until for the server the npc comes onto the terrain again, so it can move and attack you (line of sight - that's why they don't attack you, because they don't see you). Sometimes they stuck in such a bad position, that they will still fire at you, but cannot move or take damage (Terrormauler).

Anyways it would be very nice if some more people could test this issue and report. For the troubleshooting I would de-brief the clipping fix and let the players try again - if it was the clipping fix you've already found the cause and if it wasn't - well, then you know.

However this has to be intensly tested before going live with the fix to one problem and the major cause of other problems.

BlueRobot
12-11-12, 08:37
So, about that bug where you cant dmg npcs, could the gms maybe make a statement if it still needs testing, and in what ares? Do you still need fraps?

Maybe they should update the known bugs thread aswell. I don't want to waste time testing stuff and making vids, if it's been done before.