PDA

View Full Version : DoY Gun Run

William Antrim
07-11-12, 19:14
http://wiki.techhaven.org/Dome_of_York_Mission

Make these non-woc please and make the damage count for something. These weapons are already a very long mission to acquire. Probably as much as farming rare parts for a lot of the other weapons. However if they were non-woc and have good damage you would instantly level the playing field for non-woc pvp with a simple change. It is enough of a mission to go through to get the guns WITHOUT getting a disk but with at least 2 out of 3 of these guns PE's again could have a chance at being viable. You would need to seriously address the damage issues though.

IT would also instantly get more people into DOY levelling. :D

Dropout
07-11-12, 21:54
Hell yeah! Both of the rifles are very decent PE weapons (the pistol needs some serious love!!).
Would love if they didnt need WoC!

And why is it the hardest WoC-weapon missions are for weapons, that are mainly for PEs - which are (by far) the hardest class to get WoC on? Makes me a sad puppy!

Doc Holliday
08-11-12, 06:09
WE NEED A PROTEST GROUP!!!!

Players In Support Of the Private Eye Loving or something similar. Interesting idea though. would kinda fuck it up being non woc however.

Doy needs more shit up there to make it used.

William Antrim
08-11-12, 20:16
It's good being non woc that's the whole point of the thread bro. It means we have rare weapons that we collect in a slightly different way. It opens the door for other new weapons. Remember the original terminator run you had to do? No cos they planned it and never implemented it properly but it was meant to work in this way. It would be good for pes and good for the game.

flib
08-11-12, 22:01
This mission is how the missions for WoC guns should be. Leave it as it is, and just let it replace the higher level versions. (Remove them)

Ghostface_Speak
12-11-12, 23:57
If i understand the whole Damage/TL scaling of 2.2,this gun would not do the same damage without the WOC Status.
Nontheless,i support the "make it non-WoC" idea

Doc Holliday
13-11-12, 07:16
you know after considering it alot more im agreeing yes remove the woc status. its a grind getting that and a grind getting the gun. i think the 2 together is too much. and its a really nice gun too.

Chuck Norris
13-11-12, 14:03
just revert them back to their old versions of the missions, before dome was closed and they were moved there

CMaster
13-11-12, 15:15
just revert them back to their old versions of the missions, before dome was closed and they were moved there
There are no old versions of the missions. These guns didn't exist before the dome rework.
The functionally equivalent but-different TL weapons are still available from the runs at Regant's Legacy and Tech Haven.

If i understand the whole Damage/TL scaling of 2.2,this gun would not do the same damage without the WOC Status.
Nontheless,i support the "make it non-WoC" idea
Ignoring for a moment that the supposed 2.2 weapon damage scaling doesn't actually exist, weapon damage being all over the place, seemingly at random: The shift from WoC to Epic would be a ~2.2% damage nerf, not going to be much different. If we called it WoC to rare, that would be ~4.3%. Only if it were WoC all the way to nothing special would it start to really matter at ~13%. However, as weapon balance just needs straight up fixing across all weapons, I'd say that if the WoC was removed, you'd do as well to just leave these guns as they are.

I'm a little concerned that doing this only makes the common complaint of "WoCs are easy to get and noone will use tech-part weapons" all the worse. Yeah, sure, they're a grind to get. But they're still mission weapons (I forget if they're still non-drop or not). However, the idea that there's both a WoC and non-WoC variant of this stuff does sound somewhat appealing.

William Antrim
13-11-12, 19:23
Mission weapons would be cool imo.