PDA

View Full Version : Trophies

William Antrim
03-11-12, 22:06
Please can we have trophies dropping regardless of Combat Rank.

Pestilence
04-11-12, 00:24
Well, no. It would be too easy to hunt for trophies that way. IMO it would be better to change the way combat ranks are being calculated.

Dropout
04-11-12, 01:04
Well, no. It would be too easy to hunt for trophies that way. IMO it would be better to change the way combat ranks are being calculated.

I am kinda with you on that one.. Equip a starter knife and your combat rank should be as horrible as that knife is.
As it is now however, if you equip a starter knife you get a pretty nasty rank (my semi low level tank get about 55/** with a starter knife atm).
So without being naughty its pretty much impossible to get low level trophies when you are at a higher level.
And according to "KK" rules (we still need to get a proper name for the awesome people that are NOT KK, but working on NC?), only one account is allowed per new player - with the exception of people with multiple accounts (like myself, I already have 4 active accounts, and has for.. some time).
But for those with only one account, its gonna be hell to get the lower level trophies. Especially something like Droms, which do not spawn anywhere near a newbie starting. CM doesnt Count - noone wants to be CM (Sorry DJ :p )

Dribble Joy
04-11-12, 01:32
I'm actually with the thread starter on this one. That or a reworking of the combat rank system when using low level weapons.

(Sorry DJ :p )
I'm used to it....

*twitchtwitchtwitch*

Torg
04-11-12, 08:36
sorry, no. i oppose making the game unneccessaryily easy. lower trophies are for lower chars, so if your netherworld identity is full capped and wont receive valuable loot from small fry, buy it from a noob or start one by yourself. and using lower weapons shouldnt lower your combat rank either, at least not by much, as your combat value isnt depending on your gun only, but armour and skills as well. isnt it?

Doc Holliday
04-11-12, 09:02
making something more or less unobtainable without resorting to nefarious means is retarded just because its lower level. why cant someone go back and look for such items. At the end of the day content and is content and should be able to be enjoyed by as many runners as possible.

Sure you can strip off your armour and use a low tl weapon to hunt cockroaches if you want to but your still gonna destroy them regardless as your skills will be levelled up beyond that of a lower level runner.

Comments like the above about making the game unecessarily easy are simpleminded and short sighted clearly.

Go and play a single player game and turn it on highest difficulty if your so obsessed with a challenge. try out diablo.

Its a fucking trophy and some people play mmos for the satisfaction of collecting things. An Elitist " I WANT THE GAME HARDER" attitude does nobody any favours because guess what. Other people are playing too.

\\Fényx//
04-11-12, 10:45
sorry, no. i oppose making the game unneccessaryily easy. lower trophies are for lower chars, so if your netherworld identity is full capped and wont receive valuable loot from small fry, buy it from a noob or start one by yourself. and using lower weapons shouldnt lower your combat rank either, at least not by much, as your combat value isnt depending on your gun only, but armour and skills as well. isnt it?

In an idealistic way, kinda, but there is a problem with the rank's in 177 where even a TL1 0 requirement melee weapon gives you 60+ rank.

Your combat rank is an overall judgement of your combat prowess, now when my rifle spy gets 77 with a healing light and 68 with some knuckles, something's obviously fucked, because my rifle spy sure aint no boxer...

Ivan Eres
04-11-12, 14:31
In an idealistic way, kinda, but there is a problem with the rank's in 177 where even a TL1 0 requirement melee weapon gives you 60+ rank.

Your combat rank is an overall judgement of your combat prowess, now when my rifle spy gets 77 with a healing light and 68 with some knuckles, something's obviously fucked, because my rifle spy sure aint no boxer...

However, the character's rank also affects its power in a fight. A higher character rank means more resists, more fighting abilities, more health, and more ways to heal. The character is stronger in a fight.

Just imagine a 0/2 with a stiletto in a fight against a xx/60 with a stiletto (the starter knife). It's clear that the higher rank could kill dozens of the lil chars without problems.

Pestilence
04-11-12, 14:52
Of course, so he should not have a combat rank of 0/60 but maybe 20/60. Because obviously, the high level char with a stiletto would lose against a high level char with a "real" weapon, he should not have a 60/60 rank or something like that.

\\Fényx//
04-11-12, 15:59
Of course, so he should not have a combat rank of 0/60 but maybe 20/60. Because obviously, the high level char with a stiletto would lose against a high level char with a "real" weapon, he should not have a 60/60 rank or something like that.

Spot on, its all relative. yes Ivan, the capped character with a stiletto will kill low levels all day long without a second thought, due to the rest of their stats, however that weapon only has a certain power. at rank 68/xx, you are higher then a raptor, same if i remember right as a hopper, and higher rank then a chaos creeper, now do you want to go up against those with the stiletto that gives you a rank that supposedly says you are equal ? didnt think so ;)

The weapons should i feel have a capped rank rating to them to allow the possibility of joining a lower level team and helping them out, or trophy hunting etc, but thats a major overhaul i think that would need to be factored into the way the overall ranks are worked out.

Faid
04-11-12, 17:15
Combat rank should have no bearing what so ever on the loot that any mob drops, including carcasses. If you want to collect trophy's, and you have the ability to kill the mobs that drop the carcasses, then the carcasses should drop. It makes no sense otherwise.

William Antrim
04-11-12, 18:18
Combat rank should have no bearing what so ever on the loot that any mob drops, including carcasses. If you want to collect trophy's, and you have the ability to kill the mobs that drop the carcasses, then the carcasses should drop. It makes no sense otherwise.

Thank you.

For the record I don't give a toss about trophies. If I get em sure thing I will hang one on my wall but I am not gonna go out of my way. I have seen them, liked them and thought some other people who like the PVE side of NC might want them. This thread wasnt about me QQing cos I wanted trophies Torg.... It was about other people who might want them being able to get them.

Roc-a-fella
05-11-12, 11:24
All you gotta do is [edit]... lol

Torg
05-11-12, 12:09
All you gotta do is d************************o... lol
i consider this being an ex****t. so i never used it. there are less abusive ways of getting your combat rank to appropriate levels.

William Antrim
07-11-12, 19:16
I am not interested in what you do or do not do currently. This thread is in the brainport. I want things to change.

Torg
07-11-12, 20:07
I want things to change.
change? i love it. but not here. i think the trophy drop thingy doesnt need a rework.

William Antrim
07-11-12, 22:07
change? i love it. but not here. i think the trophy drop thingy doesnt need a rework.

You're just pissed off at the poster, not the post.

Jodo
08-11-12, 00:24
I cba getting into a debate about this, I just want it know that I'd also like some rework to the trophy drop.
You level so easily as a noob. By the time I've killed enough black roaches and enough large sewer rats to get the drops (and it can sometimes take quite a while depending on your luck) you're to high a level for the next trophy along.

Powerpunsh
13-11-12, 22:38
I would appreciate a trophy drop with any rank since the lvl speed is kinda fast and trophydrops kinda very low. I see no differences killing a cock-roack with 2 hits of a tl 13 melee weapon or 1 hit with e. g. Doombeamer. Grinding is still required and there is no infinite spawn or something so not that different. :)