PDA

View Full Version : Join clan with capped symp, leave with nothing

kevz
03-11-12, 17:06
Joined a clan with capped symp, and then left shortly after because i needed 90 to do research missions only to find out i was left with 70. Can this be fixed please? I dont see any reason why it works the way it does (besides beeing annoying, it succeeded there :) )

Mr. Kassad
03-11-12, 17:12
It's to stop people from changing clans like their underwear. ;)

\\Fényx//
03-11-12, 17:13
You leave with the clan's average symp, its always done that. If it was other way around, and you had shit symp and left with 70, pretty sure you wouldnt have posted about it would you ;)

kevz
03-11-12, 17:24
Still, why bother keeping the players original symp towards a faction, when the only functional one is the clan symp?

Also, who cares if someone changes clan?

I'm just not seeing why this works the way it does lol :P

Faid
03-11-12, 20:29
It's a Bug.

It's not supposed to work this way. (I think)

Britney
03-11-12, 22:34
yeah and shouldn't missions take into account the normal symph not the clan one for missions?

Dropout
03-11-12, 23:35
Amount of Cron 55 in cabinets and apartment ID of said beverage so Lykos can further investigate this ;)

Okay, maybe not the last one. Remember! We don't want ANY bugs left in Neocron folks! Now is the time to squish even the smallest least annoying bugs.

Walker as a fanboi..
Stop being so god damn good to the game! I need have have a love/hate relationship with NC, not just pure love! :p

<3

Forget My Name
03-11-12, 23:39
Yeah...

I have 100 Symp, and joined a clan... Clan symp was 83, stopping me from doing my 90 symp missions. This was a month ago, and clan symp is still 83 because people joined up with 50, and just haven't logged on in weeks. This is actually making me want to LEAVE my clan and hop to another one, instead of staying with my current clan.

Whether this is intended or not, this is a pretty shitty system.

I would like to use my own symp for all missions.

William Antrim
03-11-12, 23:41
In my clan we have a rule that everyone who joins has done the epic and so has huge sympathy levels. If they don't correct this after a reasonable amount of time, then they leave.

Dropout
04-11-12, 00:03
In my clan we have a rule that everyone who joins has done the epic and so has huge sympathy levels. If they don't correct this after a reasonable amount of time, then they leave.

IMO its impossible to keep up the 100 symp.. But then Again, I do enjoy killing people, whatever their faction is... :p
However I find it REALLY dumb that it uses CLAN symp instead of runner symp for missions.. IMO that just doesnt make sence at all.

Jodo
04-11-12, 01:23
IMO its impossible to keep up the 100 symp.. But then Again, I do enjoy killing people, whatever their faction is... :p
However I find it REALLY dumb that it uses CLAN symp instead of runner symp for missions.. IMO that just doesnt make sence at all.

So you should have all the benefits of being in a clan but with no drawbacks? Surely a faction would have misgivings about their runners associating with low/minus sympathy? They certainly wouldn't reward it by opening everything up to them.
A clan represents it's faction, as do the runners. If some of those runners attack their own factions allies then they won't be trusted as much as the more "law abiding" runners. That distrust would (imo) extend, to some degree, to their close associates. Runners and clans need to find a balance or suffer any drawbacks incurred.

Dropout
04-11-12, 03:04
So you should have all the benefits of being in a clan but with no drawbacks?
Drawbacks are no fun unless Theres some kinda counter (just like implants).

Surely a faction would have misgivings about their runners associating with low/minus sympathy? They certainly wouldn't reward it by opening everything up to them.
A clan represents it's faction, as do the runners. If some of those runners attack their own factions allies then they won't be trusted as much as the more "law abiding" runners. That distrust would (imo) extend, to some degree, to their close associates. Runners and clans need to find a balance or suffer any drawbacks incurred.
Sounds like roleplay to me.. *puts hands over ears and yells "laaaa-laaaa-laaaa-laaaa-laaaa" *
I really do not care for roleplay at all.. All I care for is gameplay. And if Theres someone I do not like, Im gonna gank him from now on till he quits.. Jini comes to mind...
I have been in one Clan that wanted every member to have their symp above 90.. They made a special case with. If they want the awesomeness that is Walker, they better stand down!

Yes Im drunk - sue me! :p

Forget My Name
04-11-12, 03:47
Yes Im drunk - sue me! :p

Still make more sense than most of the posters around here :)

Jodo
04-11-12, 04:54
Not roleplay, storyline. One of the most beloved things about the game is the politics between factions. Do you consider -SL roleplay? It's just another drawback but it has a reason to be there.
You wanted the counter (like with implants)? You said it yourself, you get to gank whomever you want. Swings and roundabouts.
Some people think there should only be a downside to things if it doesn't affect them. What a terrible game that would make.

Linear
06-11-12, 14:37
All your sympathy are belongs to clans

Garfield
07-11-12, 18:39
thats why most ppl have their trd-skiller in seperate clans

for the rest is what sympbitches are for :D

Toast
13-11-12, 18:03
i have found that if you zone IMMEDIATELY after leaving clan most of the time you lose none at all. surprised nobody else picked up on this.