PDA

View Full Version : Synching ALL the time.. :(

tempest2000
03-11-12, 16:56
Hi all,

I have searched for help in this but I am wondering if this is a new problem experienced by anyone else since the recent patch etc..

Anyway, after a very long break, I have managed to get NC back up and running, but now it is synching all the time. :( It will be running finr for a while but then sometimes, every 3-5 minutes or so, everything in the world will simply stop, and I get synced-out to the login screen. Also, it seems to happen almost EVERY time I change to another zone....

Obviously this is pointing to my connection in some way, but I am now on 50mbit fibre optics - I get excellent gameplay on things like BF3 and Quakelive etc.. low ping and super smooth data flow..

I am not suggesting it's anything to do with the server but i do have a new 50mbit fibre-optic connection, and on some other games and services, I sometimes get chucked off because I am sending too much data to the server. Could this be possibly happening here?

The only diagnosis I have tried so far is a tracert to the server, but that isn't telling me much - the pingbacks simply stop at the NC server's firewall but seem solid up to that point. Pings to the actual server are low and consistent.. My in-game ping is about 90-110 and the BW bit says about 170 or something (not sure what that means), but I've only looked at that once or twice..

Has anyone got any suggestions?? It took me almost a year to get this bitch working on Windows 7 and now it's still unplayable for me because of the disconnecting...

Please help a fellow original NC1er... :)

Forget My Name
03-11-12, 17:11
In the past 2 days, the same thing has been happening to me, but only in the CRP Cave. I just stop being able to do anything, then synch drop for no reason.

tempest2000
03-11-12, 17:26
Well I have only been playing again for a few days and it's been happening all the time. I am just in NC city right now.. going around the sewers and PP etc, but it's happening everywhere... :(

Can someone maybe advise any kind of network tweaks I could try in the neocron ini file or something? Are there any?

flib
03-11-12, 17:32
Same thing happens to me every once in a while.

Croatoan
03-11-12, 22:37
Have you checked your port settings on your router? (if you use one...)

dWintermut3
06-11-12, 09:01
excessive synching is also a known issue with old firmware on some routers (especially the ubiquitous linksys WRT series).

Update your router to latest firmware and that may fix the issue.