PDA

View Full Version : Hack Glove Please

William Antrim
02-11-12, 15:27
Have requested this before but going to do it again anyway.

Please can we have a Hack Glove added to one of the Faction dbs.

Int 60 and plus 15 hack or whatever the value is to be in line with the other gloves.

Thank you.

Dissenter
02-11-12, 15:43
Totally agree, seeing as entering hacknet voids all your int + hck imps. But, would that render the software useless as they are basically psi-spells?

CMaster
02-11-12, 15:48
Psi spells but without the "Psi amp + 1" requirement.
(And with a "Hacknet Only" requirement)
Regardless, pure HN hackers aren't going to use this - they've already got too much hack for real world hacking tasks. This is basically for people who want to hack without gimping so much elsewhere.

Is there anything else we could have gloves for? Driving glove? Bartering glove (gives a good firm handshake)?

William Antrim
02-11-12, 16:23
Barter Glove I like. Driving already has 3 chips and the requirements for the highest level vehicle (105) need very little extra points if you're wearing all three of those (plus 43 from implants). Besides I would guess that alot of drivers would use a repair glove anyway for the bonus points to repairing while levelling more than the bonus for driving.

A hack glove would be aimed at Spies and Private Eyes specifically who want to hack as Cmaster said without gimping themselves elsewhere. I was hoping Tanks could use it as well but as Hack is in Int I do not think that they should have the access due to their terrible int levels.

CMaster
02-11-12, 16:51
Barter Glove I like. Driving already has 3 chips and the requirements for the highest level vehicle (105) need very little extra points if you're wearing all three of those (plus 43 from implants). Besides I would guess that alot of drivers would use a repair glove anyway for the bonus points to repairing while levelling more than the bonus for driving.

Hacking has 3 chips, plus an MC5, plus a spine (+81 in total, + 60 without the Hawking). The most you need for anything is 115. So I don't really see that argument. Nor do I think we badly need a vehicle glove either, but it does make using vehicles lsightly less gimpy, especially for tanks.

William Antrim
02-11-12, 17:24
Drivers would use the repair glove due to the cost of nannites when levelling. Tanks would just use the quad. Tanks have the most "spare" dex points of any class. The quad is more than adequate, considering a decent capped tank weapon far out damages the best a rhino can do.

I am proposing a minor addition, you seem to be starting on down another huge discussion about vehicles vs infantry weaponry.

Dropout
02-11-12, 17:35
Well I dont see why not tbh.. Wouldnt be something I would use myself though. However a Barter Glove could be pretty sweet, considering that Theres only one barter IMP and thats shit :p

William Antrim
02-11-12, 17:39
P.s noone uses hacking chips at all because the brain slots are too valuable for the other stuff they need. The same with the driving chips.

also the imp requirement needs to be taken off the gloves. It is fuckin stupid.

\\Fényx//
02-11-12, 17:44
If theres only going to be 3 head imps (1 epic, 1 rare, 1 mc5...) with research and no line of standard implants like the construction set, a Research Eye would be nice and makes sense too, as they are analysing stuff...

A line of barter imps would in theory be nice, but i think that barter is always an 'alts' skill for a mule, which specs 100% into it anyway as theres no other int skill useful to them. 175 on a spy is already a massive saving, jacking that up to 220ish with 4 barter head imps might be too excessive.

Driving glove always made sense to me, more then most of them, however they do atleast have the doy eye and head imps. as far as 'gimpage' goes, you dont need many points atall in vehicle to drive a rhino, if youre going to be driving it, then just swap imps for that task only, considering youre unlikely going to be jumping out and shooting stuff, you can then keep a repair glove on for repairing..

CMaster
02-11-12, 19:57
I am proposing a minor addition, you seem to be starting on down another huge discussion about vehicles vs infantry weaponry.

Nope. Was just throwing the idea out there, following on from your thoughts. If we're going to move gloves from tradeskill to just "non combat skill", would it be a good idea to make a glove for all non-combat skills?

A line of barter imps would in theory be nice, but i think that barter is always an 'alts' skill for a mule, which specs 100% into it anyway as theres no other int skill useful to them. 175 on a spy is already a massive saving, jacking that up to 220ish with 4 barter head imps might be too excessive.
Maybe a neat thing to do would be for barter to really tail off after 100 or so, and have barter as valid an option as hack or imp for combat spies? Not so sure, but yeah, pure barter chars end up feeling really well, odd.

Driving glove always made sense to me, more then most of them, however they do atleast have the doy eye and head imps. as far as 'gimpage' goes, you dont need many points atall in vehicle to drive a rhino, if youre going to be driving it, then just swap imps for that task only, considering youre unlikely going to be jumping out and shooting stuff, you can then keep a repair glove on for repairing..

I wasn't really thinking about what the glove would be good for when I suggested it, just extending William's idea. I guess what I was getting at is it would be nice if vehicles were used more, not just because they were a bit more useful than they are at the moment, but also because it was possible to drive the interesting vehicles without writing yourself off for foot combat. Not sure that a glove goes far to really address that though.

Torg
02-11-12, 20:47
since we're discussing gloves of all kinds: what about combat gloves? i'm serious. HC, PC, RC, RCL - a boost of like 15 points to the main combat skill, but as much malus on ATL and AGL. would you trade more bang for less speed?

Dribble Joy
02-11-12, 21:10
would you trade more bang for less speed?
Possibly, though the dmg/skill ratio is so shallow at the top end that a boost similar to that from a glove is negligible.

Forget My Name
02-11-12, 21:31
Makes most sense.... Melee Combat Glove.

+X Melee Combat
+X Weapon Lore
-X Heavy Combat
-X Pistol Combat
-X Rifle Combat

Each Melee attack has a 75% chance of doing AOE damage (does not harm you) originating from the target you hit, and extending out in a circle.

Dropout
02-11-12, 21:43
Makes most sense.... Melee Combat Glove.

+X Melee Combat
+X Weapon Lore
-X Heavy Combat
-X Pistol Combat
-X Rifle Combat

Each Melee attack has a 75% chance of doing AOE damage (does not harm you) originating from the target you hit, and extending out in a circle.
Dont think thats possible with the game engine..
And Melee has more than enough implants to boost their MC.
That melee sucks even with those implants, is for a completely different discussion.

Doc Holliday
03-11-12, 06:04

:lol: at the 75% chance thing. Again.

Forget My Name
03-11-12, 07:16
:lol: at the 75% chance thing. Again.

huh?

William Antrim
03-11-12, 12:37
He doesn't like the idea.

Barter glove I think is a great shout. Research eye too. I had forgotten about the eyes. Barter glove is great also. But combat gloves no thanks. We are only two steps away from someone asking for powerfists with storm bolters attached underneath!

Dribble Joy
03-11-12, 13:23
Well we already have lightning claws :p (sort of).

Forget My Name
03-11-12, 15:16
He doesn't like the idea.

Barter glove I think is a great shout. Research eye too. I had forgotten about the eyes. Barter glove is great also. But combat gloves no thanks. We are only two steps away from someone asking for powerfists with storm bolters attached underneath!

So having a MC glove doesn't make sense, but a barter glove does? I guess shaking someone's hand for a discount is better than putting on a glove to punch people. :P

William Antrim
03-11-12, 16:04
Lol. I can see it now "TRADE NC > WTB Core Part of Muhammad Ali - Dm Pls".

I personally am against the idea of Combat gloves because I still use psi gloves. I like having the combat buffs from my spells. I dont feel like having the combat glove would make any benefit. It would be a ball ache removing my combat glove to recast my spells and then put the combat glove back on to carry on. I only think this is a bad idea due to the current game mechanics involved with "implanting" the glove.

If 2 things happened I would be a supporter of the Combat glove idea.

1 Primes last longer. I want 30 minute Cst buffs and Resist boosters and stuff (yes just like wow). I would also like a possible increase in duration of Shields (Via a mod maybe? Make handling increase duration perhaps?)

2 Remove the implant requirement for my glove. I want to be able to take them off and put them on as I go. It is a simple change and would speed things back up to how they should be mechanics wise.

IF these two things could happen I would be all for combat gloves.

Although I am not a fan of the melee on 75% of the swings thing. sorry.

Dropout
03-11-12, 16:19
Lol. I can see it now "TRADE NC > WTB Core Part of Muhammad Ali - Dm Pls".
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2 Remove the implant requirement for my glove. I want to be able to take them off and put them on as I go. It is a simple change and would speed things back up to how they should be mechanics wise.
The need to implant gloves was implemented to prevent easy combat rank bugging in Rhinos IIRC.

\\Fényx//
03-11-12, 17:06
barter glove ? only reason i can logically think of an excuse for that is to keep yourself clean as you give the vendor a handjob for a discount.

no.

flib
03-11-12, 19:18
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The need to implant gloves was implemented to prevent easy combat rank bugging in Rhinos IIRC.

It's a good thing they nipped that one in the bud!