PDA

View Full Version : [INTENDED]Runspeed on Testserver

OLD No.7 BrAnD
02-11-12, 14:30
Hey, runspeed is much lower on the testserver, but none of the patchnotes tells anything about it.
New runspeed cap? Bug or feature?

nabbl
02-11-12, 17:01
That would be awesome! Could anybody please confirm this?

Dropout
02-11-12, 17:33
Hey, runspeed is much lower on the testserver, but none of the patchnotes tells anything about it.
New runspeed cap? Bug or feature?

NononononoNO!!! Hopefully just a bug! >.<

\\Fényx//
02-11-12, 17:39
At first i thought it was reduced as you say, but after running around a bit more, i dont think it is. when in the neoconstruct it feels slower and i have to put that down to the vast open flat area... run around the city zones on a character with same ath/agl as a retain char and it feels the same.

flib
03-11-12, 00:20
Yeah I wasn't sure about this. I was thinking that it just feels slower because of the widescreen "fix", with a much lower FOV.

OLD No.7 BrAnD
03-11-12, 00:47
That would be awesome! Could anybody please confirm this?

I cant see any reason for slowing down the runspeed! Fixing the netcode/clipping would be useful, but not at the cost of runspeed tbh.

Would be nice if a GM could tell us if it's a bug or if it was changed/implemented without being mentioned in the patchnotes!-THX

Alduin
03-11-12, 01:07
Runspeed calculations have not been touched. Flib is right, it feels slower because the field of view calculations have been fixed.

Slauncha,
Alduin

OLD No.7 BrAnD
03-11-12, 02:51
Thank you Alduin! Thread can be closed please.

flib
03-11-12, 05:15
Runspeed calculations have not been touched. Flib is right, it feels slower because the field of view calculations have been fixed.

Slauncha,
Alduin
"Fixed" :(

flib
03-11-12, 22:11
"Fixed" :(

Okay, fine; it's working as it should.
The originally intended viewing experience was 4:3. Compared to that, the new widescreen fix makes it so widescreen just adds more space on the sides, as it should.
We just need to get used to it. :)

Dropout
04-11-12, 00:11
Okay, fine; it's working as it should.
The originally intended viewing experience was 4:3. Compared to that, the new widescreen fix makes it so widescreen just adds more space on the sides, as it should.
We just need to get used to it. :)

Im starting to get scared of this patch, eventhough it gives us the sweet, sweet tl 92 pulselaser pistol...