PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy of rockets

slith
28-10-12, 20:51
Simple: Make them more accurate and not shoot below your crosshair the whole time.

CMaster
28-10-12, 21:27
Yeah, could really be done with doing. Pretty much noone ever uses the rocket launchers except in very controlled conditions (ie to AoE the UG entrance from on top of an OP building). Be nice to see Moonie/Mal/Doomie as an actual choice, rather than always the latter too.

Dribble Joy
28-10-12, 21:33
This is more about the discrepancy between the directions the first and third person reticle point. You'll find that the AoE weapons work perfectly fine in 1st.

William Antrim
28-10-12, 21:51
This is more about the discrepancy between the directions the first and third person reticle point. You'll find that the AoE weapons work perfectly fine in 1st.

Rocket Launchers don't. I use first person with the Judgement Day launcher alot at present and it is still awful. I end up doing more damage to myself than anyone else. Even aiming high above the monsters I am aiming at to compensate for the random trajectory it still doesnt provide a concrete solution. No other weapon does this.

Either they need to change the rocket accuracy or make the splash damage smaller. I would prefer the former.

slith
28-10-12, 22:01
This is more about the discrepancy between the directions the first and third person reticle point. You'll find that the AoE weapons work perfectly fine in 1st.Nope, this is about rockets and their horrible accuracy - especially in first person mode.

MrWeedster
28-10-12, 22:26
Yay give us quake rocket launchers.

That would be win!

Ascension
28-10-12, 22:30
Aoeing in 3rd person on any class is impossible if you want to live!

Dribble Joy
28-10-12, 22:55
Odd, never had an issue with rockets myself.

William Antrim
28-10-12, 23:47

Rocket pistol is fairly accurate. Practically a sniper rifle compared to the cannons.

Roc-a-fella
05-11-12, 11:25
you asked for it..

L2AIM.....

Doc Holliday
05-11-12, 17:55

try a moonstriker..... :)

slith
05-11-12, 18:28
try a moonstriker..... :)But keep a safe distance from yourself...

IMO Rocket Launchers should have the same accuracy as the Fusion Cannons.

Mr. Kassad
05-11-12, 18:53
Hmmm. I am a long time tank player and I think that the rockets never were much of an accuracy wonder. I think the problem is that the self-damge they inflict was raised significantly.

In fact I know a tank (and I think I did that myself, too) that did PvP by shooting almost straight downwards and killing all the spies and APUs around him that where foolish enough to not get some distance.
Nowadays such game play is just plain suicide :D

Powerpunsh
06-11-12, 00:41
Im pretty sure the accuracy of rockets and all other AOE tank weapons havent changed in all years, only the animations did. The right direction should be bottom right of the crosshair. (135° of the circle).

slith
06-11-12, 02:41
Im pretty sure the accuracy of rockets and all other AOE tank weapons havent changed in all years, only the animations did.Not true - they used to be very accurate.

Linear
06-11-12, 14:39
Was doing RL bossroom with a Warhammer - all is ok. Other launchers may suck tho.

Dropout
06-11-12, 16:21
Was doing RL bossroom with a Warhammer - all is ok. Other launchers may suck tho.

LOL! That sounds fucking dangerous! :p

William Antrim
06-11-12, 19:28
Not true - they used to be very accurate.

When?

I've had a tank since May 2003. I don't ever remember them being accurate but the self damage has definitely increased (or the resistance to damage has decreased with 2.2).