PDA

View Full Version : Drones in #177

slith
28-10-12, 20:34
As far as I can tell safespotting is not possible anymore.

Problems:

90% of the time you are in a shooting inside Drone you cannot see anything because of constant flashed screen. Consider removing the effect or at least have it have no effect on the healthbar of the drone.
192706 Zhurke: slith: you had epilepsy warning
Drones are really fragile now. You can get of a maximum of 8 shots at those big leutenant spawns before you have to fully regenerate your health. Especially for PEs who try to woc this is a unacceptable high timesink. You spend about 70% of your time regenerating your drone. Either give them more health or boost regeneration rate.
Drone projectiles should spawn exactly centered, currently it is almost impossible to use cover with a Drone.

Rigger without LE = more money lost on Drones than money earned.

Dribble Joy
28-10-12, 20:39
Drones are really fragile now. You can get of a maximum of 8 shots at those big leutenant spawns before having to fully regenerate your health, because you have to go far out of cover to hit anything (rockets spawn below POV). Especially for PEs who try to woc this is a unacceptable high timesink.

Why should droning be any faster than any other leveling/hunting means?

slith
28-10-12, 20:48
Thats the thing about it, it is slower now... and sorry for the editing frenzy.

William Antrim
28-10-12, 20:49
Probably due to the lack of any other form of AOE.

BlueRobot
28-10-12, 23:17
Get your sorry droner ass to regant, like everyone else =>> Problem solved

IanKett
29-10-12, 01:03
Removal of the fuzzy screen when hit would be good.
A slight increase in protection from drones would be ideal.

I'm no droner but I can see problems with it

aKe`cj
29-10-12, 01:17
Removal of the fuzzy screen when hit would be good.
A slight increase in protection from drones would be ideal.

Removing or altering the noise on damage is absolutely needed now.
As for the hitpoint increase, I would agree that a boost of perhaps .25 would make sense, but then this, like many many other issues is a matter of balancing. Maybe increase hp a little with #175 to avoid civil unrest, and revisit the issue with the inevitable balancing patch(es) ;)

\\Fényx//
29-10-12, 01:26
I dont really get it. Cleared out chaos caves without losing a raptor... just wasnt as quick i guess as using a RK1000 and 'the old methods'. Safespotting appears to be fixed, the method used in the doy tunnel's seems a bit overkill though as the drones now practically crawl across the floor...

Drones have always had that flash when it gets hit, why is it such an issue now? oh right :rolleyes:...

Forget My Name
29-10-12, 01:48
Get your sorry droner ass to regant, like everyone else =>> Problem solved

So the AOEless droner can mooch off of AOEing Tanks and APU Monks?

No thanks.

-edit-

lol what?

Drones had their lives increased years ago, only to have it decreased now, and eventually increased again? huh?

BlueRobot
29-10-12, 02:46
So the AOEless droner can mooch off of AOEing Tanks and APU Monks?

Reenabled all drones (NPCs now target drones correctly)

Learn to read Patchnotes.

I really think the GMs should close non constructive/whiney threads and start banning ppl from the brainport who still whine about the droner changes.
It always was about the fucking exploit and they fixed it now, everyone who's still whining now is just a fucking exploiter and can't hide behind the "not every droner is an exploiter" bs anymore.

That said, maybe make drones able to shoot during the heal, but only if that other exploit is fixed as well.

Drone projectiles should spawn exactly centered, currently it is almost impossible to use cover with a Drone.
From all AoE Weapons, drones are the most precisely and easiest to aim. I don't know what your problem is, but it sounds like you want to be able to position your done where it can't be hit while you can hit the enemy, which is exploiting. Taking cover doesn t have anything to do with shooting and would be useless for drones anyway.

Forget My Name
29-10-12, 03:04
Calm down. I don't understand why you are raging. Go outside for a bit and take in a deep breath. Relax...

Once you stop with the insults, then I'll engage you in a civil conversation.

BlueRobot
29-10-12, 03:12
No insults, no raging.

BUT: This forum is there for helping the devs with ideas and testing, and people have been huge assholes about the droner changes, and its a pain for the people who try to be constructive, as well as very disrespectfull towards the volunteers.

\\Fényx//
29-10-12, 03:19
That said, maybe make drones able to shoot during the heal, but only if that other exploit is fixed as well.

That appears to be fixed aswell.

However healing and shooting at the same time would just be stupidity unless the heal rate is reduced, as it is currently it takes a stupid amount of mobs to outdamage the heal, basically that owuld give you a godmode drone. would just have to relaunch it a bit more often.

Forget My Name
29-10-12, 03:46
No insults, no raging.

BUT: This forum is there for helping the devs with ideas and testing, and people have been huge assholes about the droner changes, and its a pain for the people who try to be constructive, as well as very disrespectfull towards the volunteers.

The fact that your first response was to accuse me of exploiting the game is an insult.

All you had to do was educate me with the current planned changes for the game in the latest patch notes without the snarky attitude. In the end, I forgive you, and I hope you can move past this :)

Anyway...

Fragile drones are a step back 8 years, and the fuzzy screen hit is fine for me.

Shooting during the heal is interesting though. I wasn't expecting that at all.

BlueRobot
29-10-12, 04:40
I didn't adress anyone in this thread, with my suggestion about handling those ppl as trolls. I was talking generally.

About the heal: Of course you would have to make sure the heal doesn't get op, but balancing drones for PvE should be easy, since droners mostly do solo PvE and you can adjust their strenght mostly without fucking with the PvP balance or strength of Team-PvE.
My suggestion would be to lower their dmg, adjust the heal to a degree where you can still solo chaos caves but slower than with non droner Teams and make their health so that you could only solo high level areas like mc5/doy tunnels/ceres labs so slowly that it wouldn t be worth it.

About drones being too fragile: I didn't read anythin in the Patchnots about changing their health, so I don't think they changed that. If someone says the patch made them too fragile, wouldn't that mean he exploited before the patch ? ;)
If they actually changed the health of drones, they should write that into the notes.

Jameson Clarke
29-10-12, 16:02
Would be interesting if Willpower reduced the hit static for drones.

aKe`cj
29-10-12, 16:27
About drones being too fragile: I didn't read anythin in the Patchnots about changing their health, so I don't think they changed that. If someone says the patch made them too fragile, wouldn't that mean he exploited before the patch ? ;)
If they actually changed the health of drones, they should write that into the notes.

Please note that I'm not bitching or whining - I think this fix was long overdue and I cant wait for it to hit retail - but - you cant ignore that drones were previously balanced with a fairly low hit chance, which has turned into quite the opposite. I'm not talking about hugging walls with the drone or anything - this is about fully legit gameplay.
It is similar to the PPU cast fix - the balance itself was not changed, but the balance has changed significantly due to casting taking much longer than previously.

I assume that both will be dealt with properly when the focus turns to balancing - but until then, in order to not alter balancing too much without intent, the effect of bugfixes on gameplay must not be ignored.