PDA

View Full Version : A few suggestions about tradeskilling

\\Fényx//
28-10-12, 15:21
Hey all,

Have a few suggestions for tradeskilling, to take away a bit of the monotony of research and construction. Also a couple of things that just down right bug me a little...

First of all, can you add a tools vendor to Factories, gets a bit annoying having to take my constructor to a lab to buy grease then head back to a factory. Logically there should be someone at factories selling grease, recycling fluid at mines etc. It would just be handy yknow...

Construction speed, why is it so slow at higher TL's, This isnt such an issue when you are building 1 rare, or 3 of a gun in the hope for slots (Plus with the availability of illegal slotties now, its not like it used to be building 50+ of a weapon for some 5 slotters...)
When youre building drones though, this is an absolute ballache, it takes almost as long as a TL150 research BP, uses daft amounts of grease and even have extra clicks in between putting 1 bp into the processor (sounds petty now i type it, but its just annoying as hell) Could we streamline this a little and make it less of a chore ?

Parts diversity, why do so many lower TL items need weapon part 8's and 9's ? i can see that the parts are generated depending on the cost to build, so why for convenience sake on such low TL items cant we just use 2x wep 7's on the lower stuff instead ?

William Antrim
28-10-12, 18:25
Also can we have a flip counter like when we are selling stuff so that we can make up to 9 of the item we want. I want to be able to bulk build stuff. I use 9 as an example because there are 10 slots in the processor window. (one for the tool) Can we have the items taken from the inventory as opposed to the processor if the bulk construct button is applied. I want to make 10 drones - go make a sandwich or phone a friend or something and then come back - and see that they get done while I am getting on with something else in my life.

Torg
28-10-12, 18:36
is this a "please make it all more simple" post? so it could be mistaken as complaining?

Ascension
28-10-12, 18:56
I've never been a tradeskiller however the comment about tools npcs at relevant ops makes complete sense!

William Antrim
28-10-12, 20:29
is this a "please make it all more simple" post? so it could be mistaken as complaining?

I don't understand what you mean Torg. It just seems to be common sense to me.

Torg
28-10-12, 23:56
I don't understand what you mean Torg.
let me try:

gets a bit annoying having to take my constructor to a lab to buy grease then head back to a factory
solution: goguardian for storing of already bought supplies

Construction speed, why is it so slow at higher TL's,
so you cant mass-produce valuable items in no time and crash the economy. yes, especially drones

so why for convenience sake on such low TL items cant we just use 2x wep 7's on the lower stuff instead you really asked for convenience but refuse to understand what i mean by "please make it all more simple"? look, i don't want to sound annoying or what, but i oppose making this game easier. it's pretty much easy enough, especially for vets like us.

years ago i proposed workbenches for constructors, researchers, recycler. big machines to be bought for dear money, placed in a big app, working for you so you could concentrate on talking, selling your wares, running the occasional misson (but not using that skill involved). no one liked this idea either. lets be more creative, william.

\\Fényx//
29-10-12, 00:21
let me try:

solution: goguardian for storing of already bought supplies

so you cant mass-produce valuable items in no time and crash the economy. yes, especially drones
you really asked for convenience but refuse to understand what i mean by "please make it all more simple"? look, i don't want to sound annoying or what, but i oppose making this game easier. it's pretty much easy enough, especially for vets like us.

years ago i proposed workbenches for constructors, researchers, recycler. big machines to be bought for dear money, placed in a big app, working for you so you could concentrate on talking, selling your wares, running the occasional misson (but not using that skill involved). no one liked this idea either. lets be more creative, william.

Reading and Quotation facepalm moment there Torg, It was my post, why direct that at William, something personal between you two ?

And yeah "especially for vets like us" just makes you sound like a bit of a cock.

The point of the thread being;
Why over complicate some things that should be a lot fricken simpler then the way they have been changed to. What is wrong with common sense convenience, If a Lab sells research substance, why doesn't a factory sell Construction grease.

Its a bit like a petrol station that doesn't sell petrol or diesel, instead having a big sign out front saying "Sorry fuckers, you shoulda filled up a jerry at the esso 20 miles back"

Why do some low end weapons need a weapon part 8 or 9. The parts lists to make stuff was remade following an algorithm on the cost of the item by TL and then the parts decided by the least amount of parts to be used. 2 7's has the same price as 1 8 for example.

Summary; Why make something hassle when it doesn't have to be.

William Antrim
29-10-12, 01:03
Just lol. Credibility went out of the window.

I am still in favour of the ideas. Bringing up something personal that everyone ignored in the past just makes you sound like you never got over it.... Got nothing to do with the current situation.

Torg
29-10-12, 01:10
It was my post
i'm deeply sorry.

And yeah "especially for vets like us" just makes you sound like a bit of a cock.
i disagree. while NC may be hard to learn for beginners, 10 years of experience do give us an advantage. don't you think so?

Why over complicate some things that should be a lot fricken simpler then the way they have been changed to.
did Yo's ever sell lube at facs and mines? can't remember. in fact i like NC being so inconsistent. you just need to know a few tricks. and there's lots more to discover.

\\Fényx//
29-10-12, 01:21
i disagree. while NC may be hard to learn for beginners, 10 years of experience do give us an advantage. don't you think so? Yes it helps, but proclaiming yourself to be a vet just looks egotistical, just a personal nark that can sometimes do more bad then good when talking with new players. Be a bit more graceful and less condescending.

did Yo's ever sell lube at facs and mines? can't remember. in fact i like NC being so inconsistent. you just need to know a few tricks. and there's lots more to discover. To be honest, I cant rememeber... Have a feeling that they all used to, some reason i remember YO's at op's all having huge inventory lists including just about everything, which was a bit silly...

All the yo's at outposts have a lower cost then the equivilent 'main vendor' for that item.

All Op's should have ammo vendors, yknow, for OP fight & hunting convenience...

Factories, Labs, Mines should have tools vendors, as tradeskill outposts, this just makes sense

Uplinks should have hacknet vendors, most suitable vendor type...

Fortresses should have weapons vendors, same as above...

Trivaldi
29-10-12, 02:36
Let's try and move forward without any of the personal stuff, please.

As for vendors at outposts, in my eyes, they've never made much sense.

\\Fényx//
29-10-12, 02:46
As for vendors at outposts, in my eyes, they've never made much sense.

What, all together not making sense ie get rid of them ? or the way which they are arranged and have their store inventories doesent make sense ?

Trivaldi
29-10-12, 03:04
Distribution and variation of items mainly.

\\Fényx//
29-10-12, 03:15
Distribution and variation of items mainly.

Yep, thats my point. Ideally and logically, the outposts would sell the 'kit' for the profession they are tied with.

Forget My Name
29-10-12, 04:02
I think it would give more incentive and power to have the prices controlled by the owning clan in the same way the Skill boost is controlled.

The price as they are now would be default, but the clan could make the prices +20% for enemy factions, +10% for neutral factions, or even ban enemy factions form buying all together from that out post.

Haggis.at
14-11-12, 01:54
Yay to Fenix - nay to William Antrim...
William - have you ever played NC1 from the beginning? You had to drag every single shit piece manually into the Processor window - costed me a mouse and some serious carpal tunnel syndrome :) It's easy enough as it is. Making the computer play the game for you is the way to hellxploiting... ;)