PDA

View Full Version : [00665][R#174]Missing visual variety

CMaster
26-10-12, 14:57
Prior to 2.1/2.2 (I don't know exactly which, I think it varies on the issue), there was a greater array of visual variety in the game than at present, notably for player equipment. I never saw these changes as being mentioned as deliberate, so have put it in bug reports for now (can be moved to brain port if necessary). Anyway, issues are:

Power Armour used to come in a wide variety of different appearances: varying shades of blue and red for PPU and APU, varying shades of blue and grey-white for MC and HC, Plain and outlined for PE RC and PE PC. PA4 was also distinctive colours - purple for monks and black for PE. All that has gone, which is a real shame.

Weapon effects: Chaos Queen Flameavalanche used to use the same effect as reaperspiders/chaos queen. Mos raygun pistols and rifles used to use a purple beam effect, with those bought from TG FSM (and those used by DoY guards) being notable for their red colour (all appear to now be red beams). The Ravager used to be distinct from other Plasma waves by it's cyan beam.

Be good to see all this (especially PA patterning) restored.

slith
26-10-12, 16:12
Also weapon mod specific effects on hit are missing (e.g. explosion effect inside nova plasma bolts)

nabbl
26-10-12, 19:13
Yes... Blue Melee Tank PA is missing too.

L0KI
26-10-12, 19:21
Absolutely agree.

Also, if we can't get the old models back, I wonder if it's possible to allow us to change the colour of our clothes in the Rokkwear terminals like we could in NC1. At least that would give us some sort of individuality again!

Torg
26-10-12, 21:42
i feel the subject is "individuality". what about putting this on our "community wishlist"?

William Antrim
28-10-12, 13:25
New mod?

Cool!

Thanks anyway!

Britney
28-10-12, 14:22
Yeah what happened to the color you used to be able to get in rokkwear, that gave the entire game a much more diverse look!

Ascension
28-10-12, 15:31
Ah yes. This is actually linked with a bug between DX7 and DX9. If you switch to DX7 the colors of the PA are all back.

I shall file a report at once! Thank you for your submission.

But surely the latest patch aims to bring NC in line with DX9?

Dropout
28-10-12, 17:54
But surely the latest patch aims to bring NC in line with DX9?

Considering that they are removing DX7 support, I surely hope so :p

William Antrim
28-10-12, 18:30
Meaning we can do all of this again then?

P.s I want hc tanks to have the blue pa again..... I dont know why they got rid of smurfs.