PDA

View Full Version : Neocron tabletop project completed! Looking for Beta Testers

dWintermut3
26-10-12, 07:14
Title says it all.

I've finished an extensive conversion of Neocron to Shadowrun 3rd Edition rules and am ready for playtesting!

I plan to run an experimental "combat only" test run first to make sure the guns I've statted out and the combat systems are balanced, and then run two full adventure modules I've written entitled "Blood in the boardroom" (focusing on the social side of the game, with the backdrop of the intense rivalry between N.E.X.T. and Protopharma) and another module I would call more akin to a traditional RPG "dungeon crawl" entitled "Alas, poor Ceres".

I'm looking for a team of 4-6 runners to help me out, but I could take up to 8.

The games will be run either via IRC (if all participants are able) or over the IM client preferred by the majority of the testers.

I am also considering running a trial of the system in a play-by-post format here on the official forums if there is interest.

Reply here if interested or send a PM.

You can also send a PM if you are interested in editing a beta copy of the rules. The Neocron conversionbook requires the free Quickstart rules for Shadowrun 3rd edition, because I cannot reprint character generation or combat rules without violating FASA/Wizkids/Catalyst's copyright to the game.

No experience with Shadowrun 3rd or any other edition is needed, Neocron Tabletop is designed to stand alone and I can provide links to character generation software and quickstart rules. I ran Shadowrun 3rd for an entire group of ten new players at Gencon and can do it for you too.

DER_julu
26-10-12, 08:32
i'm game, if work and RL allows me to. it's ages since i last played shadowrun (i'm not sure, but it was the rulebook where the group cowered in some kind of doorway on the cover - never cared much, i admit, i'm more of a cp2020-player ^^), but i think i've got a pdf of the 3rd ed rulebook hidden away in the depths of my NAS, i'll have a look...

dWintermut3
26-10-12, 08:33
I love CP2020 but its rules were a bit cumbersome to adapt to Neocron. I'll let you know when we'll be playing.

unc0nnected
03-11-12, 21:24
got some pics to show? Would love to see what it looks like!

Forget My Name
03-11-12, 22:20
Count me in :)

PM for any IM information you need.