PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED]Gameworld Bugs Discussion

Ascension
25-10-12, 00:04
I will go out my way to investigate these areas, seeing your work on the TS is pretty inspiring :D Wish more people reported things they see.

Mr. Kassad
25-10-12, 00:12
Kill this post after it gets answered, but where do I report game-world bugs in the wastelands? There a some boxes floating around... ;)

Ascension
25-10-12, 08:04
Kill this post after it gets answered, but where do I report game-world bugs in the wastelands? There a some boxes floating around... ;)

Make a post documenting the zone, screenshot showing zone map and mapping issue.

Trivaldi
25-10-12, 13:21
You asked for it, so I expect a nice long list by tonight! :p

Wasteland Sectors - Gameworld Bugs (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?146428-Wasteland-Sectors-Gameworld-Bugs)

Thanks for your enthusiasm guys, I'm aware some will think there are far more important issues to tackle and i agree with them. However the first impressions these gameworld bugs can ruin are very important, so making sure environments are as immersive and polished as possible has some worth to it. I'm no programmer but I can make sure stuff is stuck down properly. ;)

Plus some of this stuff has been driving me crazy for years.

Ascension
25-10-12, 13:40

Wasteland Sectors - Gameworld Bugs (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?146428-Wasteland-Sectors-Gameworld-Bugs)

Thanks for your enthusiasm guys, I'm aware some will think there are far more important issues to tackle and i agree with them. However the first impressions these gameworld bugs can ruin are very important, so making sure environments are as immersive and polished as possible has some worth to it. I'm no programmer but I can make sure stuff is stuck down properly. ;)

Plus some of this stuff has been driving me crazy for years.

I agree with you whole heartedly, however the far more technical stuff can't be dealt with by the community, sure we can have an input and discuss but that's about it.

The only way to iron out visual issues it to find an report them. Everyone is capable of helping with these kind of issues. Would be great if you could report in game and it pulled your coordinates, but that's a whole other story.

I am extremely methodical when it comes to visual stuff like this.

Mr. Kassad
25-10-12, 15:15

Aaahhh. Now I HAVE to do it! >_>

I will take a look at some of the spots that I still remember and make a report in the evening.

Mr. Kassad
25-10-12, 15:50
I must admit it is a REAL pain in the ass to report World Bugs that are inside spawn zones. Either you clear the area faster than the spawn rate or you get killed while documenting the error.

So: Every help from other runners would be greatly appreciated!

Trivaldi
12-11-12, 01:10
Just a quick note from me.

I'd like to extend a huge thank you to everyone that has submitted reports in the last couple of weeks. For now I ask that everyone turns their time and attention to the test server, as we're incredibly eager to get R#175 out into the wild.

Ascension
12-11-12, 01:27
Just a quick note from me.

I'd like to extend a huge thank you to everyone that has submitted reports in the last couple of weeks. For now I ask that everyone turns their time and attention to the test server, as we're incredibly eager to get R#175 out into the wild.

Super job, cant wait to see when all these glitches get fixed! :)

Trivaldi
31-12-12, 04:14
Another note on this subject from me. Thank you for continuing to submit these bugs. A lot of my time has been taken up with improving H14 MC5 and other more urgent gameworld activities. Although fixing these issues is somewhat on my back burner, as a permanent task on my to do list, I still fix as many of these as possible when I am able to.