PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect from Internet Cafe? (Dubai)

=REMUS=
25-10-12, 10:25
Hi guys i'm trying to play nc from an internet cafe but i'm getting no joy, I get as far as selecting the character and the sync screen and then it drops a bolluck and reverts back to the login screen stating a world sync error?

Tupac
25-10-12, 20:05
The answer to ur question would be, Germans dont like arabs

dWintermut3
25-10-12, 20:11
I had that problem repeatedly (9 out of 10 logins) using a router with old firmware (in my case a linksys WRT54GS using firmware 2.5).

If you keep trying you can eventually get in, but it's a true exercise in dedication.

Since I updated the router I have had zero login fails.

You might want to mention it to them.

Another thing you can try is changing the port your NC client is connecting on, that has fixed the sync issue for some people.

=REMUS=
25-10-12, 21:52
The answer to ur question would be, Germans dont like arabs

:p

I had that problem repeatedly (9 out of 10 logins) using a router with old firmware (in my case a linksys WRT54GS using firmware 2.5).

If you keep trying you can eventually get in, but it's a true exercise in dedication.

Since I updated the router I have had zero login fails.

You might want to mention it to them.

Another thing you can try is changing the port your NC client is connecting on, that has fixed the sync issue for some people.

I'll give it a go tomorrow, how do I change port?

dWintermut3
25-10-12, 22:34
In the launcher go to options and there should be a box with the port number. Put in any arbitrary high number and it should work, as long as it's not in use by another program. Stay away from the 9000 range as a lot of programs like to use that when an arbitrary high number is needed. I use 7177 myself.