PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] •Dropped support for DirectX 7 = Game crashes at launch

a4nic8er
25-10-12, 03:17
Title says it all really.

This is my 3rd computer and 4th or 5th graphics card since I first started playing NC and I have always had to play in DX7 mode because Neocron inevitably crashed too often when running in DX9.

Now NC crashes whenever I try to enter the game on the PTS (in any display mode or resolution - including windowed). I have invested time and effort copying the original install folder, adjusting launcher.ini, patching PTS client, reinstalling the DX redistributable, the C++ Redistributables (x64 & x86), and Radeon drivers. I use the "MFC Security Update" version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package ... http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999

Maybe you could ask microsoft about the error reports they keep getting for 'Client.exe'
Guess I will be uninstalling when patch 175 goes live.

Trivaldi
25-10-12, 03:19
At what point in the game menus do you crash? Login screen, server select, character select or between any of those?

a4nic8er
25-10-12, 03:39
Usually after selecting the server, before character select, but I have made it as far as character selection sometimes.

Found your reply to another thread.....
Try re-caching your models on your effected client, to do this follow these steps
Locate your Neocron folder
Navigate to path/to/neocron/ini
Open the file named system.ini
Change the second line...
TO: Precache=1
Save changes
Launch your client using NeocronLauncher.exe
Your client will then precache the game's 3D assets, once completed you should be able to log in as normal.

Please let me know if this resolves your problem.

That seems to have worked. OK to revert back to precaching off after loading game with it on once?

Trivaldi
25-10-12, 03:55
Could you try the following, if it bottoms out at the character selection screen it can mean there's an issue with the models displayed as portaits on that screen. Easily fixed.

Try re-caching your models on your effected client, to do this follow these steps
Locate your Neocron folder
Navigate to path/to/neocron/ini
Open the file named system.ini
Change the second line...
TO: Precache=1
Save changes
Launch your client using NeocronLauncher.exe
Your client will then precache the game's 3D assets, once completed you should be able to log in as normal.

Please let me know if this resolves your problem.

a4nic8er
25-10-12, 08:23
Hah, you posted that at the same time I edited my previous post.

And yes *checks again* it worked. Thanks.

Trivaldi
25-10-12, 12:18
That seems to have worked. OK to revert back to precaching off after loading game with it on once?
It will automatically turn itself off once it has ran the first time.

Hah, you posted that at the same time I edited my previous post.

And yes *checks again* it worked. Thanks.
Fantastic news, see you in game! :)