PDA

View Full Version : Enough Area's to level/hunt?

Haxxor
24-10-12, 18:36
I suppose the point i really want to make is for solo tech hunting, Given the poor warbot drop rate, fire mobs have take over as the preferred method of tech hunting. However in all the native fire mob zones it is very difficult to hunt by yourself as more often than not the zones are crowded.
If im killing a doomie for instance and a runner is in the area they proceed to also kill the doomie. I know full well that mobs are open house for all runners i just thought it would be good manners to let the runner who started killing the mob to finish it and move on to another mob.

What are other peoples views?

Ascension
24-10-12, 19:01
I think its kind of an unspoken rule to let them continue if they've called damage on it. However not everyone is so courteous, if they do it to me, I'll then continue to stalk their every mob they try and kill.

Jodo
24-10-12, 19:05
That's how I do things (unless it looks like the other runner is in trouble) but I've noticed this a lot too. Even in the Aggie cellars, runners are "stealing" kills. Nothing you can do about it really. There will always be arseholes.

Torg
24-10-12, 19:18
i see your point, but i think youre expecting too much. in fact its a survival of the strongest, even between LEd runners: if you do more damage, youll get loot rights and techparts. if theres someone doing more damage than you do, thus getting all the good stuff, you may ask them kindly to leave some mobs for you, or go elsewhere. there are so much more spawns of firemobs than just at canyon reloading point. even if i shot that aggressor first, i do not own that piece of exp and cheap loot, therefor there is no stealing going on if you finish it. there may be a grey area between fairness and carebearing, tho.

Mr. Kassad
24-10-12, 19:18
This is like it always was. I suffer from that, too but it is part of the game and it really fits the harsh theme of Neocron. It's normal that people fight over loot at the "best" spots. It's a source of money and future technological advantage on the battlefield. Like in real life there will be constant competition about it and the best and wittiest will win. If you can't gather a superior team to fight for a common goal you are 'damned' to walk the path of a lone wolf or a vulture. Picking up what others leave behind. Maybe snatching some good loot from others before they can collect it and run for you life. You must hunt at times when others are sleeping and leave at dawn.

If that is not the (neocron) life you want to live you must either find fellow loners and team up, or find other places (that are very much existent) which may be more dangerous or less valuable but give you a chance to make a living without being pushed around by others.

Either way: Don't expect pity from those cold blooded rare-part hunters out in the wastes. They are only interested in their own profit and will double-cross you the second you don't pay attention.

Welcome to the Wastelands of Neocron, Runner!

Haxxor
24-10-12, 19:55
there is no stealing going on if you finish it. there may be a grey area between fairness and carebearing, tho.

I think it's more an issue over respect of other runners or lack of it.

Like in real life there will be constant competition about it and the best and wittiest will win.

Unlike in real life you aren't wondering around and suddenly see numbers flash up in the distance from some one killing something (giving them an erection in the process). And that's something which should be looked at least. Only you should see the damage you are inflicting upon an enemy unless you are in a team. Like in El Farid with my droner i find a good room with multiple scorpions and start counting the cash & exp only for a couple of seconds later to be joined by other droners. All the numbers flashing up acts like a beacon to other players to say "Hey that guys is killing all these mobs over here"

Jameson Clarke
24-10-12, 22:30
Once most people have their LE out it becomes less of an issue. If you're of an enemy faction or from a clan that I'm at war with, then I'll be greedy for both the techpart AND your dogtags. Friendly factions and clans will be helped or, at the very least, given their space.

We've got a whole wasteland to farm, but only a fool would let the enemy get even a small tech advantage.

William Antrim
24-10-12, 23:04
The only time people will take out their LE is when they have finished levelling lol.....

The person with the most damage currently gets the loot rights for the first 30 seconds. This is how it should be. If people dont like it then they need to find other places to level. There are more firemob spawn points than just CRP as has been said in other threads of this type.

Unfortunately you cannot account for players actions. Yes there will always be arseholes but an arsehole to you might be a legitimate beef to me.

carbonkink
24-10-12, 23:15
Edit: In regards to Mr. Kassed, I hereby edit this post. :) He's right but It won't do any good since someone has quoted me unless he edits.

Mr. Kassad
24-10-12, 23:19
Carbonkink. I know that "technique" is no big secret, but I would be happy if you edit your post, so not the last three assholes on Titan do that shit, too. :)

Haxxor
24-10-12, 23:20
I huge Asshole move that happen to me today was the fact that I killed a Grim Prosecutor and a rhino just goes over the dead body so that I wouldn't be able to loot it.

yes ive seen this happen to other runners and almost happen to me once.

A small minority on NC are assholes.

Another thing iv seen is a new runner asking a question on Help channel and being told to press alt & f4.

Jameson Clarke
24-10-12, 23:20
The only time people will take out their LE is when they have finished levelling lol....

Cowards do that I guess. The only dude I have with an LE in is my crafter.

yes ive seen this happen to other runners and almost happen to me once.

A small minority on NC are assholes.

Another thing iv seen is a new runner asking a question on Help channel and being told to press alt & f4.

I don't think there is anyone who plays NC that does not know what Alt+F4 does. Nobody falls for that nor is it ever malicious. It would be like telling someone in a source game to press F10. Everyone figured out that it closed the client years ago.

stonehaven25
24-10-12, 23:23
HAha, good topic here. Im with you Hax good point, I agree only you or team members should be able to see damage numbers flying into the air, Ive always thought that.

On the flipside (me pouts) I also walk the path and agree with Mr. Kassad and Torg's posts. This has always been a part of NC and it does fit the theme well. I actuall posted in the ingame forums about some high lvl dudes raping all the launchers earlier today, one of them said hes getting junk part; that on fine and dandy, I told him I had about 300 of these junk parts im my gogu i would give him if he left but i never heard from him again lol. The other guy said he was getting symp; that ok fine and dandy aswell but I told him he can get faster symb in the sewers, he just kept raping though untill the servers started having issues again.

So yeah the best you can do is not raise your blood pressure and try to reason with folks like that. However the rare part hunters will be much more difficult to reason with, best you prolly find somewhere else to go lol. Personally I wouldnt worry bout the rare parts till you cap, just go level, i also personally think you can make more cash leveling than you can farming tech's. I made 800K Saturday in about 4 hours just from mob kills alone, the 300 junk parts i mentioned earlier came from what i collected and put in the gogu after dying a number of times.

Jameson Clark shows the typical NC Runner frame of mind; use this knowlege get out there level and bust some heads!

Mr. Kassad
24-10-12, 23:23
Guys! Can we PLEASE PLEASE refrain from posting and quoting exploits and ideas for abusive gameplay on the forums? Most assholes know about that shit already. No need to get the idea to the rest of the idiots!

If you want it fixed: exploits@neocron.info

Jameson Clarke
24-10-12, 23:25
Guys! Can we PLEASE PLEASE refrain from posting and quoting exploits and ideas for abusive gameplay on the forums? Most assholes know about that shit already. No need to get the idea to the rest of the idiots!

If you want it fixed: exploits@neocron.info

This ^

Mr. Kassad
24-10-12, 23:52
Edit: In regards to Mr. Kassed, I hereby edit this post. :) He's right but It won't do any good since someone has quoted me unless he edits.

A big thumps up to you! Thank you for editing your post. (and fast, too!)
I contacted support for the quote. So if Haxxor does not edit it himself I hope they take care of it.

The Real Xtro
25-10-12, 03:13
What most of failed to realise is that sometimes because of issues of lag and other issues it is quiet easy to attack a mob without realising that another has it tagged then when you realise you rage over who tagged it first. if this happens to me i don't rage i figure that hey shit happens and go shoot another mob. There really is no proof over who shot the mob first and don't tell me nobody else has had this happen to them.

RogerRamjet
25-10-12, 03:43
I think some of the canyon zones would benefit from a few more mob spawn points/higher spawn rates. At the moment and I imagine for the forseeable future 2 or 3 zones are getting totally raped, where as there are other zones that have a terrible spawn rate. JUS SAYIN'

dWintermut3
25-10-12, 07:02
the problem with upping spawn rates is that said zones then become impassable if the mobs aren't being actively farmed. It would be hell for a TG runner to get anywhere from the canyon.

Doc Holliday
25-10-12, 08:01
Wtb grim chaser spawn in my apartment please!!!!

RogerRamjet
25-10-12, 11:42
the problem with upping spawn rates is that said zones then become impassable if the mobs aren't being actively farmed. It would be hell for a TG runner to get anywhere from the canyon.

I understand that, but it can't be worse than herds of DoY bots back in NC1? There's always ways around things.

Load
25-10-12, 12:08

The Wastelands are a dangerous place.....

Mr. Kassad
25-10-12, 15:07
The real problem is, that ppl treat the wastelands as if it consist only of 5 sectors. There are lots of other as good, or even better sectors to farm only a few synches away. I won't say nothing too specific because I enjoy one of these sectors a lot all by myself (no pun intended) but get your asses in a decent vehicle and drive around a bit. You will find lots of sweet farming spots with rares and trashloot to sell.

Chuck Norris
25-10-12, 15:23
The real problem is, that ppl treat the wastelands as if it consist only of 5 sectors. There are lots of other as good, or even better sectors to farm only a few synches away. I won't say nothing too specific because I enjoy one of these sectors a lot all by myself (no pun intended) but get your asses in a decent vehicle and drive around a bit. You will find lots of sweet farming spots with rares and trashloot to sell.

Everyone does CRP cause you can buy ammo and you dront drop a belt

Mr. Kassad
25-10-12, 15:42
This is like going to PRIMARK on a warm summer afternoon while its school holidays and complaining that you get zerg rushed by hoards of girls fighting over 3 €/£/$ tank tops and 5 €/£/$ jeans while their boyfriend must carry 5 giant bags full of clothes.

I mean: It's cheap but if you can't handle the crowd you better go elsewhere.
Same applies to CRP

Forget My Name
25-10-12, 17:03

TG Runners start out in Neocron.

RogerRamjet
25-10-12, 17:35

I am the same, and these zones are usually deserted, but the spawn rate is such with anothe 2 or 3 in zone you'll not get much.

dWintermut3
25-10-12, 20:12
TG Runners start out in Neocron.

Well that kinda sucks actually.

Forget My Name
25-10-12, 21:04
Well that kinda sucks actually.

Oh... You didn't know?

Yeah, Fallen Angel and Twilight Guardian Runners start out in the Outzone.

Only City Mercs start out in their home base.

carbonkink
25-10-12, 21:26
So now that the pop is increasing, anything about having anti back to DoY, TG and Tech-Haven?

OT: It would be nice to have more areas to grind on.

Druid311
26-10-12, 22:52
I think if we had warbots back, this would help a lot. I love warbots.

Doc Holliday
27-10-12, 05:38
So now that the pop is increasing, anything about having anti back to DoY, TG and Tech-Haven?

OT: It would be nice to have more areas to grind on.

HELL NO!!!

Red vs blue ruined this game. People complained the F6 options in NC2 were shit because they were. The mixture of politics and subterfuge and devious nastiness between factions etc was what made it fun.

Doy has its uses. but dont do that again please.

Drachenpaladin
27-10-12, 15:58
HELL NO!!!

Red vs blue ruined this game. People complained the F6 options in NC2 were shit because they were. The mixture of politics and subterfuge and devious nastiness between factions etc was what made it fun.

He's talking about putting FA players back into the TH, TG players into the Canyon and CM into the Base in regards of Apartments and spawning...

And that is a good idea! Nothing is more stupid then the declared enemy of the City Admin hanging out right infront of the CA HQ :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
27-10-12, 16:23
CM into the Base
Mercs never left the base, players start in MB, not OZ.

Chuck Norris
27-10-12, 23:11
YES WOW whats a wonderful Great idea lets split all the start spots up again and spread all the smugglers all over the map again too!!

I say we eliminate AoE all together and put all rare parts in hacknet1!!!(cant aoe in uber awesomely done hacknet!) except melee, drone and obliterator parts!

carbonkink
27-10-12, 23:19
HELL NO!!!

I didn't mind it. I wouldn't mind it at all with the pop increase. Maybe because I started playing NC that way ;)

Doc Holliday
28-10-12, 05:20
I didn't mind it. I wouldn't mind it at all with the pop increase. Maybe because I started playing NC that way ;)

Understood carb. I prefer it the way it is now however. I sincerely hope it doesnt change again. keeping the population together is what keeps the community. People can hang out in plaza 1 for a chat etc or can go off and do what ever. it polarizes them all round a central meeting place. tech haven was nice but to me it wasnt nc at all. it felt fake. Theres plenty of things to fix/change for the good but rolling back to the "old" f6 was simply the best move by the devs at the time. lots of people agreed. it was a big about face from how they implemented doy and rightly so.

@drachen. Agreed on the point of FA to TH etc. Those spots would need some low level zones put in/back in though to provide a levelling ground for the noobs. or newbs. keeping them in nc helps them to get teams etc and helps them level providing plenty more targets later on :)