PDA

View Full Version : GR Rules

Doc Holliday
24-10-12, 08:46
Warning this could get very long.

I would like to table this issue for discussion with some intelligent debate (as opposed to the tards on help channel when mentioning the subject) and discussion as to changes.

All credit to the current clans who have left grs/op bonuses open to the community.

Right lets face it OP wars are THE end game content for most of us. It goes without saying. What i would like to suggest is a return to the old rulings of NOT allowing a clan to lock its genreps to and from an op.

Personally i feel that this gives clans too much power to lock and control an op. I raise this issue to avoid the LE/Non LE debate which this inevitably descends in to by saying the rules should stand right across the board.

Defending clans have the UG to gr in to. Attacking clans have the option of getting there via the GR and waiting off the SI to allow time to buff and get the hack order sorted and ready and set about doing it unless they are accidentally suprised by a neutral runner which could happen. if so then its gonna be a matter of minutes before the attacker has got the first barrier down and the defending clan is aware anyway so in my eyes this is negligible.

Keep the rules so the UG can be locked or what ever as normal as this allows the defenders to prepare but dont lock the gr imo. If bonuses provided by OPS are tied to this then more the incentive to take one other than purely for a good fight.

My op war knowledge is dated so forgive me on this minor point but what could even happen with this is to allow the defending clan to GR in with half SI or even none at all if we are to keep the GR's open completely as this counterbalances the advantage gained by the attacking clan of being able to GR in extra forces or reinforcements to the OP.

By doing so it will open up the map and not force people to have to run all over the world to get to different spots. LE/Non LE alike have that freedom of choice.

Counter arguements on the subject were greeted with the wonderfully intelligent "STFU and Join an op war clan and learn to take them" etc when discussed in game.

By doing this however it means the community isnt forced in to joining the one "Super ultra dominating" clan and might actually serve to spread runners out in to diff factions and maybe even spice up the colour of the map as opposed to being a two tone shade where its split between 2 clans. I think this is a positive aspect of NC.

Please feel free to disagree and dispute but dont come and flame the thread. If anyone feels strongly for or against this then post here and lets discuss this like adults.

Your thoughts?

ancient
24-10-12, 08:56
Warning this could get very long.

I would like to table this issue for discussion with some intelligent debate (as opposed to the tards on help channel when mentioning the subject) and discussion as to changes.

All credit to the current clans who have left grs/op bonuses open to the community.

Right lets face it OP wars are THE end game content for most of us. It goes without saying. What i would like to suggest is a return to the old rulings of NOT allowing a clan to lock its genreps to and from an op.

Personally i feel that this gives clans too much power to lock and control an op. I raise this issue to avoid the LE/Non LE debate which this inevitably descends in to by saying the rules should stand right across the board.

Defending clans have the UG to gr in to. Attacking clans have the option of getting there via the GR and waiting off the SI to allow time to buff and get the hack order sorted and ready and set about doing it unless they are accidentally suprised by a neutral runner which could happen. if so then its gonna be a matter of minutes before the attacker has got the first barrier down and the defending clan is aware anyway so in my eyes this is negligible.

Keep the rules so the UG can be locked or what ever as normal as this allows the defenders to prepare but dont lock the gr imo. If bonuses provided by OPS are tied to this then more the incentive to take one other than purely for a good fight.

My op war knowledge is dated so forgive me on this minor point but what could even happen with this is to allow the defending clan to GR in with half SI or even none at all if we are to keep the GR's open completely as this counterbalances the advantage gained by the attacking clan of being able to GR in extra forces or reinforcements to the OP.

By doing so it will open up the map and not force people to have to run all over the world to get to different spots. LE/Non LE alike have that freedom of choice.

Counter arguements on the subject were greeted with the wonderfully intelligent "STFU and Join an op war clan and learn to take them" etc when discussed in game.

By doing this however it means the community isnt forced in to joining the one "Super ultra dominating" clan and might actually serve to spread runners out in to diff factions and maybe even spice up the colour of the map as opposed to being a two tone shade where its split between 2 clans. I think this is a positive aspect of NC.

Please feel free to disagree and dispute but dont come and flame the thread. If anyone feels strongly for or against this then post here and lets discuss this like adults.

Your thoughts?Defending clans don't get any si as it is.

Doc Holliday
24-10-12, 09:09
Defending clans don't get any si as it is.

thats the bit i couldnt remember. thought it was like that already but its been a while since i done it properly. cheers Ancient.

Torg
24-10-12, 09:20
mmmm. no. rather not. there are public GRs all over the place (like crest village, point red, elfarid, drt, battle dome etc) and controlling the GR is one of the most important benefits of owning an OP. and i believe we will have a colourful map soon.

CMaster
24-10-12, 10:49
Nah, let clans control OP GRs.
Just give them an incentive to have them opened:

Apply a small tax (say 1000NC) for each non-clanned person to GR to the op - that get added to the owning clan's bank. Increase GR fees to OPs appropriately (and ideally tie it in to an increase in GR costs as discussed elsewhere)

Forget My Name
24-10-12, 12:14
The GR system is perfectly fine as it is stands currently.

William Antrim
24-10-12, 13:40
Yeah I think this is a good idea. However the owning clan needs an incentive - financial is good - to keep the gr open. It could tie in well with the strategy of owning key ops and things. I'd support this. Current rules are pretty pants compared to old nc1 rules. I preferred them but this is a good modern idea.

Kame
24-10-12, 13:52
I feel this topic only really applies to Cycrow lab zone/ situation.

I disagree with thread starter's idea.

OP owning clans choose to have GR open for the sake of the community.
But from my experience, when fighting experienced OP war clans, is that taking the OP takes about 5-6 min. That's barely enough to get people to relog, get together and buffed up in UG, if they didn't know abput the attack.
You basically make the OP an easy picking by leaving GR open to all. And open to all GR means open to all UG.

Brammers
24-10-12, 13:56
Yeah I think this is a good idea. However the owning clan needs an incentive - financial is good - to keep the gr open. It could tie in well with the strategy of owning key ops and things. I'd support this. Current rules are pretty pants compared to old nc1 rules. I preferred them but this is a good modern idea.

It would also cause a bit more fighting at the more popular locations, such as Regents Fortress and Cycrow Lab, since these have good access to the popular levelling spots. A clan will want to own an op that brings in cash, and maybe the fights. :)

Load
24-10-12, 16:02
why not allow all unclanned and LEs through all GRs even when locked but if locked then clanned chars have to find another GR

Linear
24-10-12, 16:40
Little OT, but I'd like to see some kind of Hacknet Defence Software that can be "installed" by clan owners inside of OP, in a hacknet. That will make pure hackers more viable as a profession.

What's about GR control... Root porblem here is not they can be closed, it's they can be opened only if you ask/deal/beg someone with proper rights. If there is no such owners online you just run and suffer. So a possible solution can be some kind of special tax set by owners (and limited ofc to avoid 20mil prices), which, if you decide to pay, will open a GR for you and you only for specific time, says, 24h.. With a GR opened in such manner, you can jump as usual, paying for that ofc. 75% of that "opening tax" should go to owners corp vallet, rest 25% (all numbers here are just an example) should go to City Administration (read: nowhere).

That will: 1) give a possibility to jump whenever you want to without spamming chat, 2) give an additional profit of having an OP, and 3) will create an additional money sink which will be good for economics helping to decrease or slowing down an inflation.

William Antrim
24-10-12, 17:42
why not allow all unclanned and LEs through all GRs even when locked but if locked then clanned chars have to find another GR

It gives them an incentive to leave the LE in. If you flip this over and don't let LE'd runners use the gr and leave them only able to use public GR's however then I would support the idea.

Haggis.at
14-11-12, 01:41
Gehört das Genrep System nicht Biotech?
Die Genreps sollten geöffnet sein. Just my 2 cents.
And the hacking system should be a little loosened so a smaller clan could hack an OP. At the moment only large clans can do so.
So little OP Fights happen. Too bad for the PvP Fraction.
I still remember my first OP Fight in Beta4/Beginning Retail - and I still have a certain emotion towards Krupp factory :)
Spy Conster with 37 DEX back then ^^ And a mean Assault Rifle.

Netphreak
16-11-12, 18:15
If they want to keep the GR's as they are, then how about adding a few more 'random' GR's to the wasteland. There's tons of abandoned buildings randomly about, so having a GR and Giogu in some of them would be a nice addition. Especially for lower level characters and people leveling.

Brammers
16-11-12, 18:51
If they want to keep the GR's as they are, then how about adding a few more 'random' GR's to the wasteland. There's tons of abandoned buildings randomly about, so having a GR and Giogu in some of them would be a nice addition. Especially for lower level characters and people leveling.

I think there are already plenty of GR's near good low level leveling spots in Neocron and Outzone. (Like Mutant Pool and Ind-A Sector 2)

William Antrim
17-11-12, 00:09
I think there are already plenty of GR's near good low level leveling spots in Neocron and Outzone. (Like Mutant Pool and Ind-A Sector 2)

Perhaps a few more places dotted around like mb bunker is what he was getting at. Or more Cyclops and other mid level mobs.

Netphreak
17-11-12, 01:30
Perhaps a few more places dotted around like mb bunker is what he was getting at. Or more Cyclops and other mid level mobs.

Yup, that's exactly what I was trying to say. More GR's at random spots people don't really go to, that they could use as a staging area for an impending attack on an OP in a nearby zone or near some out of the way mobs for leveling.

William Antrim
17-11-12, 19:18
Doy needs its own point red style zone tbh.